DDT “NEW YEAR NEW YEAR SPECIAL!”, 03/01/2013
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,995 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Hiroshi Fukuda defeated Konosuke Takeshita with the Perfect Plex (9:45)
*Takagi Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 0 – 30 Takagi Army.
- New Year Game 1 – Who Can Withstand Chinese New Year?: Danshoku Dino defeated Shigehiro Irie.
*Amon Army earns 10 points. Amon Army 10 – 30 Takagi Army.
2. 4 Way Match: Danshoku Dino Vs Takao Soma Vs Tetsuya Endo Vs Gorgeous Matsuno ended in a No Contest (5:40).
*Neither team earn any points. Amon Army 10 – 30 Takagi Army.
- New Year Game 2 – Fukuwarai Showdown: Union Vs Monster Army ended in a draw.
*Both teams earn 5 points each. Amon Army 15 – 35 Takagi Army.
3. Yukio Sakaguchi, Makoto Oishi & Akito defeated Michael Nakazawa, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Gota Ihashi when Sakaguchi submitted Nakazawa with the Dojime Sleeper Hold (7:33).
*Takagi Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 15 – 65 Takagi Army.
- New Year Game 3 – Two Haori Showdown: HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano defeated Kota Ibushi & Gota Ihashi.
*Takagi Army earns 10 points. Amon Army 15 – 75 Takagi Army.
4. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Yoshiaki Fujiwara (c) defeated DJ Nira with the Fujiwara Armbar (5:57).
*V2 for Yoshiaki Fujiwara? Amon Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 45 – 75 Takagi Army.
- Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: E. YOSHIHIKO defeated Yoshiaki Fujiwara (c) by Pinfall (2:38).
*E. YOSHIHIKO becomes the 962nd champion.
5. Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino & Hoshitango defeated Isami Kodaka, Ken Ohka, Seiya Morohashi & Daichi Kazato when Honda pinned Ohka with the Diving Fist Drop (10:30).
*Amon Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 75 – 75 Takagi Army.
6. 5 Vs 5 Tug Of War Lottery: Kota Ibushi, Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie, Hikaru Sato & Masa Takanashi Vs Sanshiro Takagi, HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano, MIKAMI & Shuji Kondo ended in a draw (2-2-1).
6a. Sanshiro Takagi defeated Shigehiro Irie with the Sit Down Himawari Bomb (4:29).
*Takagi Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 75 – 105 Takagi Army.
6b. Hikaru Sato defeated MIKAMI with the Cross Armbreaker (6:44).
*Amon Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 105 – 105 Takagi Army.
6c. HARASHIMA Vs Keisuke Ishii ended in a Time Limit Draw (10:00).
*Both teams earn 15 points each. Amon Army 120 – 120 Takagi Army.
6d. Kota Ibushi defeated Yasu Urano with the 24 Year Old (9:58).
*Amon Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 150 – 120 Takagi Army.
6e. Shuji Kondo defeated Masa Takanashi with the King Kong Lariat (9:57).
*Takagi Army earns 30 points. Amon Army 150 – 150 Takagi Army.
7. Bonus Match – 29-Man Tag Team Match: Konosuke Takeshita, Gorgeous Matsuno, Takao Soma, Gota Ihashi, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Michael Nakazawa, Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino, Hoshitango, Shigehiro Irie, Hikaru Sato, Keisuke Ishii, Kota Ibushi & Tsurumi Amon defeated Hiroshi Fukuda, Tetsuya Endo, Danshoku Dino, Akito, Makoto Oishi, Yukio Sakguchi, Daichi Kazato, Seiya Morohashi, Ken Ohka, Isami Kodaka, MIKAMI, HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Sanshiro Takagi when Amon pinned Takagi with a Crucifix Pin (5:23).
*Amon Army earns 300 points. Final score: Amon Army 450 – 150 Takagi Army
Tsurumi Amon Army
Kota Ibushi, Gota Ihashi, Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie, Takao Soma, Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino, Hoshitango, Masa Takanashi, Hikaru Sato, Konosuke Takeshita, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Gorgeous Matsuno, Michael Nakazawa & Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Sanshiro Takagi Army
HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano, Daichi Kazato, Isami Kodaka, Seiya Morohashi, Ken Ohka, MIKAMI, Danshoku Dino, Hiroshi Fukuda, DJ Nira, Yukio Sakaguchi, Akito, Makoto Oishi, Tetsuya Endo, Sanshiro Takagi & Shuji Kondo
DDT brought in the new year with a team challenge between Tsurumi Amon and Sanshiro Takagi. With the roster split in half, the two teams fought each other with the grand prize of the box office gate being given to the winners. 30 Points were given for winning the match and 10 points were on the line for some minigames that took place between matches. Sanshiro Takagi had a secret weapon inserted into the main event, the AJPW Jr. & GHC Jr. Champion Shuji Kondo! The Double Champion came out and said he lost count of the amount of hours he’s spent inside Korakuen Hall the last couple of days but he wanted to help out Takagi.
The main event was a five match series with each match decided by a lottery that involved five long ropes laying underneath a blue cover. Each wrestler had to grab the end of one rope and when the blue cover was removed, the person revealed to be holding the other end was opponent. Points were on the line for every match in the series, which was vital since both teams were tied at 75 points each. In the first match, Sanshiro Takagi beat Shigehiro Irie. Hikaru Sato then tied the series by tapping out MIKAMI. HARASHIMA Vs Keisuke Ishii continued the stalemate when they fought to a time limit draw. Ishii hit the Double Arm DDT right before the time ran out. Kota Ibushi broke the deadlock by dumping Yasu Urano on top of his head with the 24 Year Old. The series all went down to Masa Takanashi Vs Shuji Kondo. Despite all his effort to survive, Takanashi fell to the King Kong Lariat and was pinned just seconds before time ran out.
A 32-Man Tag Team match was made with a whopping 300 points on the line to determine the winning team. However Shuji Kondo, Masa Takanashi Yoshiaki Fujiwara and DJ Nira had already left the building so the match became a 29-Man Tag Team bout instead. Takagi grabbed Amon and tried to give him the Stunner but accidentally pulled off his afro wig instead. Amon used the distraction to shockingly pin Takagi and win the entire challenge for his team!
The three New Year Minigames were as follows. Danshoku Dino beat Shigehiro Irie in a challenge where both men had to put a bucket filled with firecrackers over their heads and see who would last the longest. Dino was visibly panicking throughout the entire thing while Irie wasn’t budging at all. That was because Irie had actually fainted. I’m not sure if it was from fright or if he inhaled too much of the fumes. The second challenge involved member of Union and the Monster Army trying to make each other laugh while their mouths were full of milk. That ended in a mess and a draw. The final contest had HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano beat Kota Ibushi & Gota Ihashi in a eating contest that one wrestler standing behind his teammate and using his own arms to feed his partner piping hot food. Ihashi wound up getting a piece of radish in his eye by accident.
DJ Nira formed a plan with Dino, Batten Tamagawa and Cherry to defeat Yoshiaki Fujiwara and win the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title. The plan involved Tamagawa telling Fujiwara that there was a MILF in the audience who wanted to see him. Then as Fujiwara makes his entrance, Cherry would grab his attention from the crowd and flirt with him while Tamagawa dropped a steel basin from above in the balcony. Dino would then kiss Fujiwara, leaving him defenseless for Nira’s Rocket Punch. Sounds perfect, right? Nope. Fujiwara ignored Cherry, the fallingsteel basin wasn’t as painful as it sounded, Fujiwara dodged Dino’s kiss and countered the Rocket Punch into the Fujiwara Armber to win the match. Yoshihiko (in its E. YOSHIHIKO form) suddenly showed up demanding a rematch with Fujiwara for the belt. The match went ahead and it was all Fujiwara until a Body Slam was countered into a roll up. Three seconds later, E. YOSHIHIKO became the new Iron Man Champion!
The 4 Way match ended in a No Contest when referee Daisuke Kiso kept on getting accidentally struck over the head with a steel basin by everyone else in the match.
A few announcements about DDT in 2013 were made at the beginning of the show. The two Sumo Hall shows in August will be named “Progress” and “Harmony” respectively. DDT will increase live programming for their Nico Douga channel online. They will increase the number of shows in different regions with shows set for Odawara, Sendai, Aomori, Yamagata and Kanazawa in the next couple of months. Takagi stepped in and said wrestling will not grow if they do not reach out to the local box office. Also, DDT now has a new recruiting process for hiring rookie wrestlers. Healthy males between the ages of 17 to 25 will be accepted into training immediately! Finally, DDT will launch their own advertising agency to go along with their other non-wrestling businesses. The agency will focus with advertising on flyers and vehicles.
Hiro Tsumaki had to pull out of the show due to suffering from a norovirus. Daichi Kazato took his place.