DDT “GOD BLESS DDT 2010”, 28/11/2010
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,525 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. KO-D Tag Team Title: Antonio Honda & Daisuke Sasaki (c) defeated GENTARO & Yasu Urano when Honda pinned Urano with a Cradle (15:52).
*V1 for Honda & Sasaki.
2. MIKAMI, KUDO & Tatsuhiko Yoshino defeated Yukihiro Abe, Rion Mizuki & Kazuki Hirata when KUDO pinned Hirata with a Diving Double Knee Drop (8:53).
3. Next Variety Group Election Match: Toru Owashi defeated DJ Nira, Danshoku Dino, Kota Ibushi, Tanomusaku Toba, Hoshitango, Michael Nakazawa & Tomimitsu Matsunaga when Owashi pinned Nira with a Diving Body Press (11:10).
4. Genichiro Tenryu, Masao Orihara & HARASHIMA defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Yoshiaki Yago & Shigehiro Irie when HARASHIMA pinned Irie with the Somato (12:58).
5. Young Drama Cup – Final: Takao Soma defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Diving Guillotine Drop (15:10).
6. KO-D Openweight Title: Dick Togo defeated Hikaru Sato (c) with the Diving Senton (27:55).
*Sato fails in V1. Togo becomes the 34th KO-D Openweight Champion.
Despite planning to retire in six months time, Dick Togo showed he still has it in him to win a big championship. This is Togo’s third reign as KO-D Openweight Champion while Hikaru Sato becomes the seventh wrestler to lose the title without a successful defence. The other six are Masao Orihara, NOSAWA, Super Uchu Power, Sanshiro Takagi, GENTARO and Shoichi Ichimiya.
Antonio Honda will be Togo’s first challenger. Right after winning the title, Togo said he will take on anyone in DDT at anytime. Honda sprinted into the ring so he could make the first challenge before anyone else. He broke down into tears as he told everyone how he thought Togo was one of the best wrestlers in history. Togo said he was glad that his first defence will be against Honda and they hugged. Their match will take place on 26th December in Korakuen Hall.
Takao Soma reached a milestone in his career by winning the Young Drama Cup, beating last year’s winner Keisuke Ishii. The young man’s career has gone off to a very good start going back to winning his debut match at the first Ryogoku Peter Pan show in 2009.
Sanshiro Takagi is now officialy affiliated with Union. At this time he is still scheduled to be on a few DDT shows but that could very well change in the coming weeks. He praised Shigehiro Irie for his performance in the match despite taking the fall. Takagi nominated Irie to be his partner for his match against Shuji Ishikawa & Seiya Morohashi at the Union event on 3rd December. At the end of the show, Dick Togo and Tsurumi Amon presented flowers to Sanshiro Takagi as he said his farewell to the DDT brand. Takagi congratulated Togo on winning the belt and they shook hands, only for Togo to kick Takagi in the gut and give him a Pedigree. Togo posed with his belt and then left the ring. When Takagi recovered he gave said his goodbyes to the fans and led them with one last play of “Fire!” by Scooter.
Match 3 had wrestlers entering the match Royal Rumble style. It started off with Toru Owashi and DJ Nira against each other. Everyone else involved in the match came out dressed as Owashi, mimicking his entrance and body language while “Sandstorm” by Darude was blasting from the speakers each and every time.
Choun Shiryu announced that New Beijing will return to Japan for a show to be held on 11th February 2011. Tsurumi Amon was confused as the New Beijing brand allegedly broke up back at Muscle House 10. Choun explained that in China it is common for dynasties that die in the Autumn to revive in the Spring.
Cherry appeared on screen to announce the new name for the former Mitsuboshi Curry restaurant. The new name for the restaurant is now Nico Nico Curry and it will re-open on 12th December. The new logo conatins a large happy face that covered Cherry’s own face during the video, kind of like the Laughing Man logo from Ghost In The Shell.