Both Hikaru Sato and Munenori Sawa were in Germany during the weekend for two Westside Xtreme Wrestling shows. On the same night Daisuke Sekimoto became the new wXw Unified World Champion, Sato & Sawa teamed up to challenge Bad Bones & Carnage for the wXw World Tag Team Titles. The BattlArts–Pancrase pair worked well together but failed to win the belts from the duo known as the Oberhausen Terror Corps.
The next night both Sato and Sawa competed in the second annual Ambition shoot style tournament. Both men got past the first round and faced each other in the semi-final where Sawa got the better of Sato. Unfortunately for Sawa, he was defeated in the final.
Speaking of wXw, the company will be holding its major 16 Carat Gold tournament in March. Several Japanese talent will be competing both in tournament and seperate matches. So far the puro scene is represented by Yoshihito Sasaki, Kotaro Suzuki and Go Shiozaki, with Sekimoto taking part in non-tournament bouts. There are still some announcements left to make, so if any DDT related talent get announced I will post it here.
wXw “BACK TO THE ROOTS X”, 15/01/2011
Turbine Hall, Oberhausen, Germany
7. wXw World Tag Team Titles: Bad Bones & Carnage (c) defeated Hikaru Sato & Munenori Sawa when Carnage submitted Sato with the Anklelock.
wXw “AMBITION 2”, 16/01/2011
Saint, Oberhausen, Germany
3. AMBITION 2 First Round: Munenori Sawa defeated Tommy End with a Triangle Choke.
4. AMBITION 2 First Round: Hikaru Sato defeated Heddi Karaoui by KO with a High Kick.
7. AMBITION 2 Semi Final: Munenori Sawa defeated Hikaru Sato by KO with an Enzuigiri.
9. AMBITION 2 Final: Rico Bushido defeated Munenori Sawa by TKO with a Right High Kick.
In other news, Kenny Omega will make his way over to the Ice Ribbon School in Saitama this Wednesday for the promotion’s weekly show in the building. Omega will team up with Hikari Minami to take on Chii Tomiya & Kazuhiro Tamura.