DDT “APRIL FOOL 2012”, 01/04/2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
0. Dark Match: Shota Vs Gota Ihashi
1. Tetsuya Endo Debut Match: Hiroshi Fukuda & Akito Vs Keisuke Ishii & Tetsuya Endo
2. Takao Soma & Genba Hirayanagi Vs Hikaru Sato & Michael Nakazawa
3. Nico Valentine Vs Antonio Honda
4. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract Battle Royal: HARASHIMA Vs KUDO Vs Makoto Oishi Vs Masa Takanashi Vs Daisuke Sasaki Vs Keisuke Ishii Vs Yasu Urano Vs Yuji Hino Vs Keita Yano Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Hoshitango Vs DJ Nira Vs Masao Inoue
*Five contracts are on the line.
5. AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) Vs Shigehiro Irie
6. KO-D Openweight Title: Danshoku Dino (c) Vs Sanshiro Takagi
DDT held a weigh in for Shigehiro Irie that would decide whether or not he would qualify for an AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title shot against Kenny Omega on Sunday. The weigh in was open to the wrestling media to avoid any suspicious results. However, when it was time for Irie to step on the scales he weighed in at 107kg! He was weighed again and the result was the same. They weighed him one more time and this time he came in at 101kg. I don’t know how Irie suddenly dropped 6kg but he is now officially eligable for the title shot.
Irie said he was happy to finally qualify for the title shot. Omega said that he wants the match to show the future of DDT. He thinks Irie will become the ace of DDT in the future but he is not the ace right now. When a reporter asked Irie how he lost all of the weight, Irie said he didn’t eat any rice for weeks. When asked if he is worried about losing strength due to the weight loss, Irie simply said “I’m happy.” Kenny was then asked to compare Irie with his previous challenger Shuji Kondo. Kenny said they are completely different. He will fight fair with Irie because DDT is family.