DDT “PROGRESS AND HARMONY OF WRESTLING”, 17/08/2013
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
8,500 Fans – Super No Vacancy
0. Dark Match – Tokyo Women’s Wrestling Offer Match: Chikage Kiba & KANNA defeated Miyu Yamashita & Shoko Nakajima when KANNA submitted Nakajima with a Boston Crab (7:19).
0. Dark Match: Mitomi Masayuki & Tatsuhiko Yoshino defeated Gota Ihashi & SAGAT when Yoshino pinned SAGAT with a German Suplex (5:10).
1. All Night Nippon GOLD Personality Battle Royal: Sanshiro Takagi defeated Gorgeous Matsuno with the Spiccoli Driver (11:19).
Other Competitors: Nori da Funky Shibire-sasu, Hikaru Sato, Toru Owashi, DJ Nira, Emi Sakura, GAMI, Honey Jiro and Guanchulo.
2. Wrestling Style Vs Van: Pour Lui (BiS) (w/ Jun Kasai) defeated Hiroshi Fukuda (DPG) with the PSCV (Pour Lui Special Cowper Vacuum) (5:28).
3. Ultra Seven x DDT Collaboration Match: Yoshihiro Takayama & MIKAMI defeated Michael Nakazawa & Tomomitsu Matsunaga when MIKAMI pinned Nakazawa with the 450 Splash (4:55).
4. DRESSCAMP PRESENTS: Kenny Omega defeated Konosuke Takeshita with the Croyt’s Wrath (16:01).
5. Idol Lumberjack 4 Way Match: Makoto Oishi (Sizukaze & Kizuna ～KIZUNA～), Yuko Miyamoto (LinQ) and Isami Kodaka (Up Up Girls) defeated Sanshiro Takagi (Eri Nitta) with the Miracle Ecstasy, Half Twist Moonsault and Diving Double Knee Drop triple attack (7:35).
6. Monster Army Vs Sakaguchi Home: Yukio Sakaguchi, Masa Takanashi, Akito & Kazuki Hirata (w/ Kenji Sakaguchi) defeated Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki, Yuji Hino & Hoshitango (w/ Tetsu Watanabe) when Sakaguchi knocked out Honda with the Rear Naked Choke (12:38).
7. Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Shigehiro Irie, Keisuke Ishii & Takao Soma defeated HARASHIMA, KUDO & Yasu Urano when Irie pinned KUDO with the Vertical Drop Back Flip (14:22).
8. The Main Event: Kota Ibushi defeated Danshoku Dino with the Phoenix Splash (20:59).
Day 1 of the Sumo Hall doubleshot has been a success for DDT. The main event had Kota Ibushi defeating Danshoku Dino. After the match both men hugged and Dino asked Ibushi why he wrestles. Ibushi said because it is fun. Dino said it was an amazing coincidence because he thinks its fun too. He then asked why Ibushi is in DDT. Ibushi said its because he loves DDT. In another amazing coincidence Dino agreed.
Kenji Sakaguchi and Yukio Sakaguchi brought along handcuffs with the intention of arresting Antonio Honda for stealing their father’s ring robe while Yukio’s team went to war with the Monster Army. Kenji also proved to be an equalizer for his team, cutting off interference from Tetsu Watanabe during the finish. Yukio Sakaguchi choked out Antonio Honda to win the match. When Honda recovered he saw the error of his ways, apologised and accepted his arrest. However, Watanabe took responsibility for Honda’s actions and requested to be arrested too. Kenji felt pity for the them and offered to have a drink with them when they are released from prison in two or three days time.
Each of the idols involved in the Lumberjack match got to perform before the match. They were also given weapons for their lumberjack roles including a Piko Piko hammer (those large, hollow, plastic hammers), a megaphone and a harisen (large paper fan). One of the idols even began headbutting the wrestlers when they left the ring. There was a scent of collusion in the air when Makoto Oishi, Isami Kodaka and Yuko Miyamoto joined together to gang up on Sanshiro Takagi, hit each of their finishers on him and then all pinned him at the same time. Takagi threw a fit after the match screaming it wasn’t fair until his own idol Eri Nitta slapped him back to normal.
The DRESSCAMP match badly needed an appearance from Milano Collection AT. The entrance ramp was used as a fashion runway where Kenny Omega, Konosuke Takeshita, Saki Akai and Ayumi Goto all modelled in their costumes before the match.
Yoshihiro Takayama & MIKAMI Vs Michael Nakazawa & Tomomitsu Matsunaga contained interference of the kaiju kind. Before the match took place, MIKAMI and Yoshihiro Takayama were seen training together. They received a cryptic message, “Do not approach the Kitagawa.” Curious, Takayama travelled over to an apartment in Kitagawa where he was greeted by an Alien Metron warning him that he will attack DDT! Back in Sumo Hall, the Metron arrived during the match ready to cause havoc until Ultra Seven came to the rescue and chased it away. Back in the ring MIKAMI pinned Nakazawa with the 450 Splash. Ultra Sevin joined Takayama and MIKAMI in the ring afterwards and told them to fight for peace on Earth and DDT.
Hiroshi Fukuda performed with his DPG band but when his opponent Pour Lui tried to do the same he cut her off, saying nobody wanted to listen to her boring singing. This pissed off Lui’s cornerman Jun Kasai and he made sure to get involved in the match whenever he could, culminating in him giving Fukuda the Pearl Harbour Splash after a ref bump. Lui then got to perform with her group BiS after the match. DPG joined in as back up dancers while Fukuda ran off crying.
By winning the battle royal, Sanshiro Takagi won a guest spot on a future episode of All Night Nippon.
Muscle Sakai was in charge of producing the intro video. It ended with a message reminding fans that MUSCLE will return in the year 2030.
The event will be broadcasted on the TV Tokyo terrestrial station on 29th September.