DDT “REVIVAL! OSAKA DOTONBORI STORY 14”, 13/01/2014
Osaka Dotonbori Arena
380 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. La Pete defeated Guanchulo with the RKO (6:41).
2. Next Iron Man Challenger Battle Royal: Masa Takanashi defeated Sanshiro Takagi, MIKAMI, Soma Takao and DJ Nira when Takanashi pinned Nira with the Takatonic (4:20).
3. Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie defeated Toru Owashi & Akito when Irie pinned Akito with the Flying Sausage (11:06).
4. HARASHIMA, KUDO & Yasu Urano defeated Hikaru Sato, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Michael Nakazawa when KUDO pinned Nakazawa with the Diving Double Knee Drop (14:22).
– Ironman Heavymetalweight Title: Masa Takanashi defeated HARASHIMA (c) with a School Boy (1:59 pm).
*Masa Takanashi becomes the 980th champion.
5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Aja Kong (c) defeated Antonio Honda, Daisuke Sasaki & Shoichi Uchida when Kong pinned Uchida with a Vertical Drop Brainbuster (16:17).
*V1 for The Homo-sapiens.
6. Next KO-D Tag Challenger Final: Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega Vs Tetsuya Endo & Konosuke Takeshita ended in a Time Limit Draw (30:00).
A 30 minute draw was not an expected result in the main event. Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo stepped up big time against the Golden Lovers in a match where the winners would get a KO-D Tag Team Title shot. Amon Tsurumi said after the match that he was delighted with the rookies for their growth and now had to decide who would get the title shot. Members of the audience called for a 3 Way between the teams and the champions. Kenny Omega agreed. Kota Ibushi just said he would do his best. Endo called himself and Takeshita the “Future Leaders of DDT” and said they will win the belts.
Masa Takanashi became the No. 1 Contender for the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title and was quick to use it. He snuck into the ring while HARASHIMA was cutting a post-match promo and pinned him with a School Boy to win the title and end the DDT Triple Crown. HARASHIMA admitted he let his guard down and wants to win back the title.
DDT is aiming to hold a show in Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium for 13th April. It will be a special event for Yukinori Matsui since he will be celebrating his 20th anniversary in wrestling.