DDT “ROAD TO SAITAMA SUPER ARENA 3”, 17/05/2014
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
350 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Konosuke Takeshita defeated Shunma Katsumata with the Wall Of Takeshita (6:26).
2. Antonio Honda defeated Guanchulo with a Cradle (10:21).
3. King Of DDT Qualifying Match: Tomomitsu Matsunaga defeated Tetsuya Endo with the Tiger Driver (14:30).
4. Infomercial Match – Oscar Promotion Saki Akai Latest DVD “Beautiful Day”: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Saki Akai defeated Makoto Oishi, Michael Nakazawa & DJ Nira when Akai pinned Nakazawa with a School Boy (12:13).
5. Kesiuke Ishii, Soma Takao, MIKAMI & Kazuki Hirata defeated Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Daisuke Sasaki & Gota Ihashi when Takao pinned Ihashi with a Diving Foot Stomp (10:44).
6. 3 Way Match: Danshoku Dino Vs Shigehiro Irie Vs Aja Kong ended in a No Contest (6:07).
7. HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Akito defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masa Takanashi when Akito submitted Takanashi with the Triangle Scorpion (14:39).
Akito’s first match teaming with HARASHIMA and Yasu Urano was a big success with a victory over Shuten-dōji. The new unit name for the trio is Smile Squash. After the match HARASHIMA told KUDO he will absolutely win the KO-D Openweight Title from him on 25th May. Urano and Akito then challenged Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie to an All Asia Tag Team Titles match. Amon Tsurumi stepped in and said he will negotiate with All Japan to make the match but warned he would not get an immediate answer. Ishii accepted the challenge and said the title match will happen.
Before the Love Triangle 3 Way match began, Danshoku Dino was seen leaving Aja Kong’s locker room, possibly attacking and eliminating her from the match. Shigehiro Irie was distraught when he found out but whatever Dino did to Kong did not work because she made it to the ring eventually. Dino demanded Irie to choose between him or Kong. Irie then elbowed him in the face. The match fell apart when Dino’s Lip Lock took out not one but two referees. Kazuki Hirata made his Magnum TOKYO entrance and took up the role of replacement referee. He was then knocked out by a Double Lip Lock from both Dino and Kong. The match was called off and Irie was left alone in the ring. He began to weep as he realised he he might have lost something important.
The Golden Rendezvous is no more. Gota Ihashi took the pinfall loss in the 8-Man Tag match and Kenny Omega blamed him afterwards. Ihashi was on the top turnbuckle ready to do a high risk move when his own partner Daisuke Sasaki shook the top rope, causing Ihashi to lose balance and fall to the mat. Omega told the both of them “You are all bad!” Kota Ibushi agreed. Ihashi quit the stable and immediately decided to team with Michael Nakazawa & Tomomitsu Matsunaga. Nakazawa asked Ihashi what he wants to do and Ihashi said he wants to stand out. They then sang “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen. After that they challenged Ibushi, Omega & Sasaki (who are now called the Golden Storm Riders) to a 6-Man Tag match on 29th May.
The Infomercial Match was all about promoting Saki Akai’s gravure DVD “Beautiful Day” which comes out on 30th May. Images from the DVD was shown on the big screen as the match went on. However Michael Nakazawa was jealous of Saki and her DVD so he made his own amateur gravure DVD two days ago. Whenever he took control of the match clips of his movie appeared on the screen instead of Akai.
DDT announced a new Theme Music Project. They are working with Sizuk Entertainment to produce new entrance songs for the roster. Konosuke Takeshita is the first person to get a new song and it debuted on today’s show.
Ibushi and Omega will not be at the next Saitama show on 8th June because they will be wrestling in New Japan. DDT are considering bringing in special guests to make up for their absence.
On yesterday’s All Japan show, Keisuke Ishii and Shigehiro Irie successfully defended their All Asia Tag Team Titles against Kento Miyahara & Kotaro Suzuki. On today’s All Japan show Masao Inoue pinned Jun Akiyama during a Battle Royal to win the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title. Akiyama pinned Inoue after the match to win it back. Looks like he wants to be the champion after all. DDT has invited whoever the champion will be to defend the belt in Shinjuku on 29th June.