DDT “KING OF DDT OSAKA 2014”, 15/06/2014
Osaka Joto Kumin Hall
472 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Kenny Omega & Daisuke Sasaki defeated Keisuke Ishii & Soma Takao when Omega pinned Takao after the Freedom Call (7:50).
2. 4 Vs 3 Handicap Match: MIKAMI, Yukio Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Endo & Michael Nakazawa defeated Hideki Shiota, Sanshiro Takagi & Gota Ihashi when Sakaguchi pinned Shiota with the PK (8:38).
3. King Of DDT – Round 2: Shigehiro Irie defeated Antonio Honda with the Beast Bomber (14:56).
4. King Of DDT – Round 2: KUDO defeated Tomomitsu Matsunaga with the Diving Double Knee Drop (16:11).
5. HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Akito defeated Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & HAYATA when Urano pinned Oishi with the Tombstone Piledriver (13:24).
*Yasu Urano wins Makoto Oishi’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
6. King Of DDT – Round 2: Kota Ibushi defeated Masa Takanashi with the Sit Down Last Ride (12:53).
7. King Of DDT – Round 2: Isami Kodaka defeated Konosuke Takeshita with the Brainbustaaaaahhhhh!!!!! (20:05).
The King of DDT semi-finals are now set. Shigehiro Irie will face KUDO while Kota Ibushi will face Isami Kodaka. Irie’s Beast Bomber has become a very effective finisher in recent months and here it was used to put away Antonio Honda. KUDO made sure that Tomomitsu Matsunaga would not beat him like he did Kenny Omega. Despite losing, Matsunaga now has a new attitude based on his strong performance in the tournament and will make it to the top one step at a time. Ibushi fought against a spirited performance from Masa Takanashi to win his match. Finally Kodaka took a page from El Generico’s book and defeated Konosuke Takeshita with the Brainbustaaaaahhhhh!!!!!
A lottery was held to determine the semi-finals. Each qualifying wrestler had to pull a ball out of a box and whoever picked the same colour would face each other. Oddly enough the resulting matches would have happened anyway if the tournament was organised with a playoff bracket from start to finish.
Makoto Oishi must now regret pulling out of the King of DDT. He left the tournament after winning one of the two remaining Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contracts. But he waited too long to cash in and wound up losing the contract to Yasu Urano when Urano pinned him in a Six-Man Tag Team match. As a contract holder, Urano now has to worry about whether or not he should cash in on his friend and team mate HARASHIMA. The other contract holder at the moment is Super Sasadango Machine who has done the smart thing and stayed away from the wrestling often, reducing the risk of him losing the contract. When he decides to get his KO-D Title match, only he knows.
The Handicap Match was originally billed as Shiota-gun Vs DDT Sekigun. But Sanshiro Takagi told Hideki Shiota he never had permission to add him to his new unit. So Shiota instead renamed the match the Shiota New Organisation Raising An Army Assessment Match. When asked what the name of his new organisation was, Shiota called it Salt Japan Pro Wrestling.