DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU IN OSAKA ~DRAMATIC DREAM TSUTENKAKU~”, 13/07/2014
Osaka Higashinari Kumin Hall
489 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. 3 Way Match: Makoto Oishi defeated Shoichi Uchida and Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Oishi pinned Matsunaga with the Jikiden Tornado Clutch (9:18).
2. Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kiai Ryuuken Ecchan when Soma pinned Ecchan with the Gin And Tonic (11:29).
3. Yasu Urano defeated Daisuke Sasaki with a Japanese Leg Lock Clutch (10:48).
4. Kota Ibushi 10th Anniversary Debut Produce – Kickboxing Rules: Kota Ibushi defeated Gota Ihashi and Michael Nakazawa by Knockout (4R 1:57) (Special Referee: Kota Ibushi).
5. Match Must End By Ring Out: Danshoku Dino defeated DJ Nira by Ring Out (1:03:17).
6. HARASHIMA & Akito defeated MIKAMI & Isami Kodaka when HARASHIMA pinned MIKAMI with the Somato (10:58).
7. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Antonio Honda, Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masa Takanashi (c) when Honda pinned Takanashi with a Takatonic Crosscut (16:50).
*Shuten-dōji failed in V2. Happy Motel become the 11th KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions!
Happy Motel are the new KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions! The trio’s good fortunes since their formation continued when they defeated Shuten-dōji to win the belts. With this being his first championship in his career, Tetsuya Endo said he lost his championship virginity. No. 1 Contenders Team Dream Futures were at ringside to watch the title match but Antonio Honda had a different idea for his team’s first title defence. Happy Motel will face both Shuten-dōji and Drift in a 3 Way match for the title at Korakuen Hall on 20th July.
Isami Kodaka took Kota Ibushi’s place in the semi-main event, teaming with MIKAMI to face HARASHIMA & Akito. HARASHIMA pinned MIKAMI with the Somato but was reminded by Kodaka that in order to face him at Sumo Hall he has to beat Kenny Omega at Korakuen first. Kodaka also said he is confident HARASHIMA and Omega will have a great match together.
The despicable DJ Nira attacked Makoto Oishi with a pencil after the opening match, prompting Danshoku Dino to come to his friend’s rescue. Nira challenged Dino to a No DQ, No Pinfall, No Give Up, No Countout match that could only end when a wrestler was thrown over the top rope and out of the ring. The match took place later in the show and lasted over an hour. Dino and Nira brawled away from ringside with an injured Oishi chasing after them. Rather than wait for them to return, DDT decided to carry on with the show. Dino & Nira would reappear inbetween the remaining matches only to fight their way out of the arena again. Finally when the main event was done they fought back into the ring and Dino eventually threw Nira over the top rope to the floor for the victory.
Kota Ibushi was able to contribute to the show by being the special referee for a kickboxing match between Gota Ihashi and Michael Nakazawa. The match was part of Ibushi’s 10th Anniversary celebration and Ibushi revealed it was originally supposed to be Nakazawa Vs Yoshihiko. Nakazawa protested the match because he has no kickboxing experience and he had no shin guards either. Ibushi made some questionable calls over knockdowns and also allowing the two to fight outside the ring. Ihashi even put Nakazawa in a Boston Crab and Ibushi just asked if Nakazawa wanted to give up. Nakazawa had enough and in the fourth round removed his tights and gave Ibushi the Ultimate Venom Arm. While Nakazawa prepared to do the same to Ihashi, Ibushi recovered and put on a boxing glove. He swung at Nakazawa but Nakazawa ducked making Ihashi take the blow instead. Ibushi tried a High Kick but the same thing happened and Ihashi was down for the count. Ibushi then knocked out Nakazawa with a Sole Butt, counted both Nakazawa and Ihashi out and declared himself the winner. After the match Ibushi said he will try and return to action at Korakuen Hall and promises to survive the G1 Climax.