DDT “OSAKA BAY BLUES SPECIAL 2014”, 13/09/2014
Osaka Bodymaker Colosseum #2
739 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & Kiai Ryuuken Ecchan when Hirata pinned Katsumata with the Viagra Driver (7:56).
2. Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Daisuke Sasaki with th PK (7:53).
3. 4 Way Match: Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao defeated Yasu Urano & Akito, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Gota Ihashi and MIKAMI & Shoichi Uchida when Irie pinned Ihashi with the Beast Bomber (7:13).
4. Antonio Honda defeated Kuishinbo Kamen with the Diving Fist Drop (13:51).
5. Next KO-D Tag Team Titles Challenger Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated KUDO & Masa Takanashi when Endo pinned KUDO with a Cradle (18:45).
6. DDT Extreme Title: Danshoku Dino (c) defeated Zeus with a 3 Count Kiss (9:32).
*V2 for Danshoku Dino.
7. Kota Ibushi 10th Anniversary Debut Match: Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega defeated Michael Nakazawa & Yoshihiko when Ibushi pinned Nakazawa with the PK Heart (17:59).
8. KO-D Openweight Title: HARASHIMA (c) defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Somato (20:31).
*V4 for HARASHIMA.
HARASHIMA’s dominance continues. The KO-D Openweight Champion defeated Keisuke Ishii in Osaka to mark his 4th successful defence of the belt (and his 10th in the space of a year). Ishii got his title shot after winning a young wrestlers tournament intended to promote new blood for the title chase. HARASHIMA admitted he did not expect Ishii to have improved to the level he was but HARASHIMA was still stronger. The champ’s next defence will be in Korakuen Hall on 26th October against the runner up of the DDT Dramatic General Election. HARASHIMA doesn’t mind who it is as long as he finishes the election in first place. If he finishes second he gets to choose his challenger.
The last match in Kota Ibushi’s 10th anniversary celebration finally took place. Ibushi teamed with Kenny Omega to take on Michael Nakazawa and Yoshihiko who transformed into Ibushihiko for the occasion. Nakazawa congratulated Ibushi on his 10 years in wrestling but pointed out that he’s been through so many injuries that he’s really only been wrestling for around 8 years. Nakazawa then said Ibushihiko is the one who should have the double contract with DDT and New Japan. During the match, Ibushihiko was thrown on top of a nearby basketball hoop by Omega.
Danshoku Dino Vs Zeus for the DDT Extreme Title was fought in a Kiss Pin Match where a pin or submission would only count if the wrestlers were kissing each other as it happened. Surprisingly Zeus was not fazed at all when the rules were explained to him. Dino needed all the help he could get from Makoto Oishi and Shunma Katsumata. His two cornermen interfered in the match but were both overpowered by Zeus. The challenger even threatened to kiss the referee! Sino then summoned Shun Miyatake (Trainee) to help him and eventually the distractions were enough for Dino to pin Zeus with a kiss. After the match Zeus linked arms with Yukinori Matsui and said “a nice couple is born in Osaka!”
Tetsuya Endo scored the upset pin on KUDO to win himself and Konosuke Takeshita a KO-D Tag Team Title shot on 28th September. Later in the show Takeshita & Endo confronted the Golden Lovers to confirm the match. Endo spoke about his match with Kenny Omega during Beer Garden Week and also the 30 minute draw between both teams that took place back in January. Omeg said the Golden Lovers would have won in the 31st minute if the match continued. He also said if Endo scored 110 points with his best effort then he would need to score more than 150 points to succeed. He then asked Tsurumi to give the title match a 60 minute time limit to make sure another draw won’t happen.
Kazuki Hirata appealed for T2Hide to get a KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Title shot after they won the opening match. Amon Tsurumi said he would positively consider it.
Next year’s big show in Saitama Super Arena will be called “SAITAMA SUPER DDT 2015”.