DDT “DDT SPECIAL 2014”, 26/10/2014
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,200 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
DDT Dramatic General Election Ranking In Parentheses
0. Dark Match: MIKAMI (#21) defeated Shunma Katsumata (#24) with a School Boy (4:19).
0. Dark Match: Shigehiro Irie (#23) Vs Daisuke Sasaki (#22) ended in a Time Limit Draw (10:00).
1. Saki Akai (#6) & Makoto Oishi (#16) defeated Cherry (#7) & Yasu Urano (#11) when Oishi pinned Cherry with the Miracle Ecstasy (6:35).
2. KUDO (#10) & Masa Takanashi (#15) defeated Keisuke Ishii (#4) & Soma Takao (#8) when Takanashi pinned Soma with the Takatonic (7:09).
3. Tetsuya Endo (#20) defeated Kazuki Hirata (#11) with a Cradle (3:38).
4. Yukio Sakaguchi (#17) defeated Super Sasadango Machine (#18) with a Reverse Cross Armbreakr (2:57).
5. Dramatic Send Off ~ Kenny Omega Last DDT Match – Falls Count Anywhere Match: Kota Ibushi (#1) & Kenny Omega (#18) defeated Danshoku Dino (#5) & Konosuke Takeshita (#18) when Omega pinned Dino after the Golden Shower (25:43).
6. DDT Extreme Title – Give Up Only Match: Akito (c) (#9) defeated Antonio Honda (#13) with a Sharpshooter (13:38).
*V2 for Akito.
7. KO-D Openweight Title: HARASHIMA (c) (#3) defeated Isami Kodaka (#2) with the Somato (15:21).
*V5 for HARASHIMA.
KO-D Title Next Challenger Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament
1. Round 1: Tetsuya Endo defeated Super Sasadango Machine with Scissors.
2. Round 1: Makoto Oishi defeated Yukio Sakaguchi with Paper.
3. Round 1: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Masa Takanashi with Scissors.
4. Round 1: Yasu Urano defeated Antonio Honda with Paper.
5. Round 1: Kazuki Hirata defeated KUDO with Scissors.
6. Round 1: Soma Takao defeated Akito with Paper.
7. Round 1: Cherry defeated Saki Akai with Paper.
8. Round 1: Keisuke Ishii defeated Danshoku Dino with Scissors.
9. Quarter Final: Makoto Oishi defeated Tetsuya Endo with Paper.
10. Quarter Final: Yasu Urano defeated Konosuke Takeshita with Rock.
11. Quarter Final: Soma Takao defeated Kazuki Hirata with Rock.
12. Quarter Final: Cherry defeated Keisuke Ishii with Paper.
13. Semi Final: Yasu Urano defeated Makoto Oishi with Rock.
14. Semi Final: Soma Takao defeated Cherry with Paper.
15. Final: Soma Takao defeated Yasu Urano with Paper.
The entire card for today’s show was created based on the results of the DDT Dramatic General Election. In the main event HARASHIMA defended the KO-D Openweight Title against the runner up of the election Isami Kodaka. The winner Kota Ibushi gets his title shot in Saitama Super Arena next February. The two were involved in several matches together this year including the main event of Sumo Hall but they never faced each other one on one until today. HARASHIMA once and for all came out on top and told Kodaka the match was fun. Amon Tsurumi came out and declared an immediate Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament to determine the No. 1 Contender for 30th November. Soma Takao beat Yasu Urano in the final and told HARASHIMA afterwards that the General Election wasn’t the end of the tension, it is just the beginning. HARASHIMA said he isn’t nervous because Takao won a tournament based on luck and he’ll have to increase his ability much more if he wants to win.
Akito seems pretty pleased with his DDT Extreme Title run so far. He’s been happy with the rule choices he defends the title under and today was a Give Up only match against Antonio Honda. He thinks he is now making the Extreme Title accessible to both the junior and senior wrestlers of DDT to chase after.
Today was the final match of DDT’s resident charismatic Canadian, Kenny Omega. For six years, Kenny has done almost everything you could think of for the company. Now it is time for him to move on and advance his career over in New Japan. But first he had a Fall Count Anywhere match to compete in. Teaming with Kota Ibushi for what may be the final Golden Lovers match for a while (Ibushi now wrestles as Heavyweight in New Japan, Kenny is sticking with the Jr. Heavyweight division when he moves over), they took on Danshoku Dino & Konosuke Takeshita. Kenny received a golden reaction from the crowd in attendence and the entire ring was covered in streamers for his ring introduction. The match was interrupted near the end by Michael Nakazawa when he pulled Yukinori Matsui out of the ring during a pinfall. Michael said he didn’t want Kenny to leave and so couldn’t let the match finish. Ibushi knocked out Michael and the match continued. Tetsuya Endo then interrupted the match when he pulled Daisuke Kiso out of the ring. Endo also begged Kenny not to leave. Ibushi knocked out Endo and the match continued once more. Kenny was about to pin Dino again the lights went out and his music played and his music played prematurely. Out came Yoshihiko dressed as Kenny! Nakazawa said that even Kennyhiko didn’t want Kenny to leave and the doll suddenly got into a fight with Ibushi in what is probably the weirdest love triangle in wrestling since Perry Saturn, Terri Runnels and Moppy. When the match finally got back on track Kenny gave Takeshita the One-Winged Angel and then joined Ibushi on the top rope to do the Golden Shower onto Dino. After the match Kenny admitted that saying goodbye would not be suitable because he is not retiring. DDT will always be with him and he hopes everyone will continue to cheer for him in New Japan.
Before Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Super Sasadango Machine could begin, Sasadango held a PowerPoint presentation titled “Measuring The Tendency Of Martial Artists In Pro Wrestling”. Sasadango worked out that he has no advantages over Sakaguchi other than height and weight. Sakaguchi’s strength is his striking ability and his weakness is his lack of experience as a pro wrestler. Sasadango needed more research so he then called the University of Europe to look up if a father’s weaknesses can be inherited by his children. He somehow worked out that Seiji Sakaguchi was the weakest amongst his siblings, therefore Yukio must be weak too. To mark this discovery, Sasadango developed a new pinning move called the Kids Clutch Lehmann Shock. Applying it once would remove 35% of the victim’s hit points, applying it twice would reduce 75% and applying it three times would take away 105%. The match began and Sasadango did the move twice, both getting nearfalls. He did it a third time but Sakaguchi countered it into a Reverse Cross Armbreaker and forced Sasadango to submit.
Tetsuya Endo defeated Kazuki Hirata pretty quickly, countering the Viagra Driver into a roll up for the pin. Afterwards Endo threw out the challenge for T2Hide Vs Happy Motel for the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles. Hirata was about to accept and wanted the match to be in Shizuoka Kiramesse Numazu but his partners Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi physically stopped him from saying it. Owashi called Hirata irresponsible for acting so rash, especially since they could hold the match at Korakuen Hall in front of a bigger audience. Hirata then slapped both Owashi and Takagi! He didn’t care how many people would see it or how small the venue is, he wants to show Happy Motel he isn’t a loser. The challenge was accepted and the title match will be in Shizuoka on 9th November.
DDT revealed some of its big matches for the rest of the year. The KO-D Openweight Title will be defended in Korakuen Hall on 30th November and 23rd December. Those are the final defences for the title until DDT goes to Saitama Super Arena next February. Big Japan powerhouse Daisuke Sekimoto will compete at the Saitama Super Arena show. The KO-D Tag Team Titles will be defended in Kawaguchi on 2nd November and then on the 30th November Korakuen show. Yasu Urano also announced that Kendo Kashin will wrestle at the Smile Squash produced event in Korakuen on 11th December.
The Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title may soon be vacated. Sanshiro Takagi noticed that the belt hasn’t been seen since “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2014” when popstar LiLiCo became the champion. Amon Tsurumi said that LiLiCo has a busy schedule so she has been unable to appear at any DDT show. Takagi then demanded that LiLiCo appears at Korakuen on 30th November otherwise she will be stripped of the title! Takagi also pointed out that the title is still active and it is possible she could lose it to somebody else until then.
Some new projects are on the way. There will be two DDT apps released on iPhone next month. DDT Nyokinyoki is a training game of some sort and DDT Camera lets you add DDT wrestlers to your pictures. The DDT Manga Project was also announced in collaboration with GANMA!, an online manga service. Sanshiro Takagi and Danshoku Dino will audition professional and amateur manga artsits for a serialized DDT manga.