DDT “USHIKU BIG BUDDHA 2014”, 07/12/2014
Ibaraki Ushiku Sports Park Gymnasium Sabuarina
1. Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated MIKAMI, Gota Ihashi & Mitsuhiro Yoshida when Hirata pinned Ihashi with the Sliding Kick (6:51).
2. Masa Takanashi defeated DJ Nira after Daisuke Kiso accidentaly Power Bombed Nira (6:23).
3. Soma Takao & Shunma Katsumata defeated Tetsuya Endo & Kota Umeda when Takao pinned Umeda eith a Diving Foot Stomp (11:49).
4. Michael Nakazawa Holiday Countdown 1 – ●● Lore! Special Single Match: Shun Miyatake defeated Michael Nakazawa with a Cradle (9:45).
5. KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Antonio Honda & Konosuke Takeshita when KUDO pinned Honda with a Diving Double Knee Drop (14:27).
6. Yasu Urano defeated Makoto Oishi with a Small Package (14:10).
7. 3 Way Match: HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie and Daisuke Sasaki & Tomomitsu Matsunaga when HARASHIMA pinned Sasaki with the Somato (14:56).
The two DDT singles champions were a successful force in the main event but their respective challengers reminded them that they are threats to their titles. Akito and Tomomitsu Matsunaga brawled outside the ring while HARASHIMA and Shigehiro Irie got stuck in. The four wrestlers had to be kept apart after the match.
Shuten-dōji scored a win over Happy Motel but Konosuke Takeshita created more tension between the two sides afterwards. Takeshita dared KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi to take his KO-D Tag Team Title belt away from him. He and Sakaguchi had a stare down and had to be separated. Shuten-dōji then had an early toast for when they win the titles.
Michael Nakazawa recognises Shun Miyatake as his successor when he leaves for Singapore next year. To prove it Miyatake fought like Nakazawa during their match right down to stripping off his trunks and wrestling in a thong. Miyatake regretted doing so as it was cold in the arena. Nakazawa however embraced it and went for the Ultimate Venom Arm. Miyatake countered it into a Cradle and got the victory. After the match Nakazawa took out another pair of underwear and offered it to Miyatake. According to Nakazawa it was the underwear he wore in his first ever wrestling match. Miyatake declined them and apologised before leaving.
DJ Nira was very ill during his match with Masa Takanashi. Nira had to be stretchered out from the locker room to the ring on a tatami mat and barely had the strength to stand. However, Nira’s constant fainting inadvertantly made him dodge many of Takanashi’s attacks. Nira yelled he was done pretending and the warm-up was over, then fainted again. Takanashi and referee Daisuke Kiso lifted Nira up off the mat but Nira slipped away from Takanashi’s grip and was accidentally Power Bombed by Kiso! Takanashi got the pin and Nira was placed on the tatami mat to be stretchered back to the locker room.
Gota Ihashi stole Kazuki Hirata’s thunder by doing the Magnum TOKYO entrance and wearing the Magnum mask. A pissed off Hirata later yelled “That’s my dance!” while hammering Ihashi with Elbow Strikes. Hirata got some measure of revenge when he pinned Ihashi with the Sliding Kick.