DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU IN SAPPORO ~DRAMATIC DREAM CLOCK TOWER~”, 24/05/2015
Sapporo Teisen Hall
744 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. 3 Way Match: Kazuki Hirata defeated Antonio Honda and Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Hirata pinned Honda with a Cradle (9:54).
2. Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai defeated Yasu Urano & DJ Nira when Akai submitted Nira with a Camel Clutch (9:14).
3. Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao defeated MIKAMI, Tomoya & Makoto Oishi when Ishii pinned Oishi with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (9:57).
4. Akito defeated Kouki Iwasaki with the Scorpion Deathlock (11:19).
5. KUDO & Masa Takanashi defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Suguru Miyatake when KUDO pinned Sasaki with the Diving Double Knee Drop (13:25).
*KUDO wins one of Daisuke Sasaki’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contracts.
6. Falls Count Anywhere Special 4 Way Match: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Kota Ibushi, Sanshiro Takagi and Danshoku Dino when Takeshita pinned Dino with the German Suplex (13:28).
7. KO-D Openweight Title: HARASHIMA (c) defeated Kazusada Higuchi with the Somato (20:18).
*V1 for HARASHIMA. Kazusada Higuchi cashes in his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
In the short space of six months, Kazusada Higuchi went from his debut pro wrestling match in DNA to challenging for the KO-D Openweight Title in the main event of a DDT show. He’s been undefeated throughout that period and cashed in his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract in Sapporo to gain a home field advantage. But despite the former sumo’s power advantage, HARASHIMA withstood his attacks and fought back with the John Woo Dropkick and Reverse Frankensteiner. Higuchi ducked the Buzzsaw Kick and hit a desperation German Suplex for a nearfall. HARASHIMA quickly recovered and hit the Buzzsaw Kick twice before finishing him off with the Somato. HARASHIMA called Higuchi really strong for someone who has just been a pro wrestler for six months. He permitted Higuchi to ask for more matches against himself in the future.
As part of today’s farewell party to Sapporo Teisen Hall, DDT put together a special Falls Count Anywhere 4 Way Match that pulled out all the stops. Sanshiro Takagi brought a bowling ball, Kota Ibushi was armed with fireworks, Danshoku Dino lustfully attacked the audience and Konosuke Takeshita found a dolly tray. Takagi placed a chair flat on Dino’s stomach and dropped the bowling ball onto it. Ibushi dragged everyone outside the building so he could attack them with fireworks and also Moonsault off of a vending machine. Takeshita placed Ibushi and Takagi onto the dolly at separate times and pushed them into a row of chairs. Yoshihiko then suddenly appeared to aid Dino. Takeshita German Suplexed Ibushi while Ibushi was German Suplexing Yoshihiko. Takagi then delivered a stacked Sit Down Himawari bomb to Dino with Yoshihiko sitting on Dino’s shoulders. Yoshihiko was still wrapped around Dino’s neck when Takeshita hit a German Suplex of his own on Dino for the win. Ibushi then ignited his remaining fireworks as he left ringside while Yukinori Matsui yelled at him.
Daisuke Sasaki was introduced as the “Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Triple Crown Holder”. But by the end of the day he would have lost all of it. The first defeat was to KUDO in a tag team match. The rest happened on the second show which I will bring up later. Sasaki tried to flee from the match whenever he could to protect his investments. KUDO got revenge and won back the contract he lost to Sasaki one week ago. KUDO confronted HARASHIMA at the end of the show to tell him their KO-D Title match at Korakuen Hall on 31/5 is back on schedule!
Kouki Iwasaki was the other wrestler celebrating his homecoming today. He is a martial arts graduate of Kenichi Yamamoto’s POWER OF DREAM dojo in Sapporo. He even had new theme music.
Antonio Honda & Tomomitsu Matsunaga began the opening 3 Way Match before Kazuki Hirata could do his dance entrance. He got to do it after he won.