DDT “MEMORIES OF SUMMER VACATION 2015”, 30/08/2015
600 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. King Of Dark Title: Kouki Iwasaki defeated Gota Ihashi (c) with a Cobra Twist (1:30).
*D9 for Gota Ihashi.
1. Makoto Oishi & Shunma Katsumata defeated Danshoku Dino & Super Sasadango Machine when Katsumata pinned Machine with the Firebird Splash (5:45).
2. Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi when Iwasaki pinned Takagi with a Ground Cobra Twist (7:25).
3. 4 Way Match: Masa Takanashi defeated Kazuki Hirata, Hiroshi Fukuda and Gorgeous Matsuno when Takanashi pinned both Hirata and Fukuda with a Double Small Package (7:26).
4. Yukio Sakaguchi & KUDO defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Kota Umeda when Sakaguchi pinned Umeda with the Right Knee Of God (14:33).
5. Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated Kota Ibushi & Suguru Miyatake whe Endo pinned Miyatake with the Torture Rack Bomb (16:48).
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao (c) defeated HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Akito when Irie pinned Akito with the Final Impact (19:25).
*V5 for Team Dream Futures.
Shigehiro Irie sent out a message to Ken Ohka by using the Spear Of Flame on the way to successfully defending the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles with Team Drift. At 5 defences Drift has the most successful title run in the championship’s history and Irie said this is proof that Drift is the strongest unit in DDT. #OhkaEmpire interrupted the victory speech to again challenge Drift to a title match. Amon Tsurumi came out and denied them the title shot. Instead he booked Irie Vs Danshoku Dino on 6th September.
Super Sasadango Machine is in trouble for violating a rule in the DDT Dramatic General Election. He was inspired by Makoto Oishi’s free hug campaign to do a “Free Princess Hug” campaign. Imagine a groom carrying his bride at a wedding, that’s what a princess hug is. That part is ok but the campaign also invited people to take multiple photos with Sasadango. The election only allows two fan photographs with the wrestlers per meeting. Sasadango was warned that another offence will disqualify #OhkaEmpire from the election. Sasadango and Ohka apologised after the show.
Konosuke Takeshita was full of praise for Tetsuya Endo after they defeated two thirds of the Golden☆Storm Riders. He said Endo is on top form since coming back from his injury. Suguru Miyatake was annoyed at losing again. When asked which of his and Kota Ibushi’s attacks was the most effective today, Suguru said it was the Diving Foot Stomp he accidentally took from Ibushi when Endo rolled out of the way. Ibushi apologised.
Everything was back to normal for Yukio Sakaguchi and KUDO. The two were on the same page in their tag match and there was no bad blood between them after their KO-D Openweight Title match at Sumo Hall. This was also KUDO & Kota Umeda’s last match before entering the NOAH Jr. Heavyweight Tag League.
Masa Takanashi won the 4 Way Match with an impressive double pin. Hiroshi Fukuda had Kazuki Hirata sitting on his shoulders. Takanashi was able to grab Hirata and roll both him and Fukuda into a Small Package, pinning both at the same time. Fukuda and Hirata blamed each other for losing the match.
Booing 2015 took a page out of former member Michael Nakazawa’s playbook to win their match. Gota Ihashi took off his tights and threw them to Kouki Iwasaki when the referee was down. Iwasaki put Sanshiro Takagi in the Cobra Twist and then rubbed the tights in Takagi’s face, stunning him long enough to be pinned. Takagi demanded a rematch and one will happen on the 6th September Kasukabe Hall show.
KAT-TOO were able to beat #OhkaEmpire when Ohka accidentally Speared Super Sasadango Machine in a botched interference. Still it was a big boost for Shunma Katsumata to pin a DDT veteran and to do so with the Firebird Splash.
An impromptu King Of Dark Title match kicked off the show. Gota Ihashi brought down his Booing 2015 partner Kouki Iwasaki. Ihashi called himself the leader of the group and ordered Iwasaki to lie down and be pinned. Iwasaki almost did what he was told but kicked out of the pin. Iwasaki said his body was moving on its own and he wasn’t doing it on purpose. He kept kicking out and Ihashi got so frustrated he went for a Splash. Iwasaki rolled out of the way and then pinned Ihashi out of instinct with a Cobra Twist.
PWG’s king of sleaze is coming to DDT. Joey Ryan will be wrestling on 5 DDT shows (one is a DNA show) between 19th to 27th September.
Keisuke Ishii will produce his own event next January in Tokorozawa Citizen Gymnasium Sub Arena. For the moment the event is called “NEW YEAR! PINK KNEEL KICK 2016” and will take place on 23rd January.