DDT “DRAMATIC TENJINBASHI! 2016”, 10/01/2016
Osaka Oyodo Community Center
383 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. Dark Match: Shunma Katsumata defeated Dai Suzuki with the Lightning Spiral (3:01).
1. Ryota Nakatsu defeated Guanchulo with an Arm Lock (6:31).
2. Scramble Bunkhouse Glasses Death Match: Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Shoichi Uchida defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when Dino pinned Hirata with the Danshoku Driver (11:52).
3. Keisuke Ishii & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Mizuki Watase when Iwasaki pinned Watase with the Leg Capture Suplex (12:54).
4. Antonio Honda, Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated Daisuke Sasaki, Suguru Miyatake & Candice LeRae when Endo pinned Miyatake with the Sky Twister Press (13:34).
5. Akito & Yasu Urano defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Urano pinned Matsunaga with a Cradle (14:01).
6. HARASHIMA defeated Hiroshi Fukuda with the Cradle (9:10).
7. Isami Kodaka & Masa Takanashi defeated Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao when Kodaka pinned Takao with the Gin And Tonic Cutback (14:31).
Isami Kodaka & Masa Takanashi worked well as a team in the main event. Takanashi saved Kodaka from Soma Takao’s Gin And Tonic, then later pulled the referee out of the ring when Kodaka was being pinned. Kodaka countered the Gin And Tonic again and rolled Takao over for the three count. Takanashi handed Kodaka a beer after the match and held a toast for their KO-D Openweight Title match. They drank but Takanashi suddenly kicked Kodaka and gave him the Takatonic! He yelled at Kodaka that he was going to win the title and ended the show drinking with Yukio Sakaguchi.
Yasu Urano learned that his DDT Extreme Title match with Kendo Kashin will allow a single wrestler to be in each man’s corner and they can swap places when they touch their partner. The way it is described sounds a lot like a tag team match but Kendo thinks otherwise. At the moment it looks like Akito will be Urano’s partner for the match.
It seems that almost everybody in DDT is falling for Candice LeRae. All members of Happy Motel wanted a kiss from her but she rejected them. In the post-match interview Candice said she was in front of a great audience and Japanese fans are the best. Guanchulo translated her comments but Daisuke Sasaki was convinced he was lying. Why? Because Sasaki thought Candice was clearly saying “Sasaki, I love you!” He’ll team with her on their own next and will find a ring for their wedding.
DDT will run Kyoto KBS Hall on 14th May and Kobe Sambo Hall on 31st July. It will be DDT’s first show in Sambo Hall in over 7 years. They were last there in November 2008. The last KBS Hall show was in May 2011 and is remembered as the Zundoko Bus Incident. The tour bus broke down on the Tomei Expressway early in the morning and they had to spend 189,000 yen on other transport to reach the arena. Then when the show was over and it was time to go back to Tokyo the same bus broke down again and the entire trip lasted 26 hours!
Everybody in Match #2 agreed to compete in a Scramble Bunkhouse Glasses Death Match.