DDT “KEISUKE ISHII PRODUCE ~NEW YEAR! PINK KNEEL KICK 2016~”, 23/01/2016
Saitama Tokorozawa Citizen Gymnasium Sub Arena
482 Fans – Super No Vacancy
0. King Of Dark Title: Gota Ihashi (c) defeated Seiya Morohashi with a School Boy (0:09).
*Gota Ihashi passes D3. Seiya Morohashi becomes the 9th King Of Dark Champion.
0. King Of Dark Title: Seiya Morohashi (c) defeated Gota Ihashi with a Lariat (0:12).
*Seiya Morohashi passes D1. Gota Ihashi becomes the 10th King Of Dark Champion.
0. King Of Dark Title: Gota Ihashi (c) Vs Seiya Morohashi ended in a Time Limit Draw (3:00).
*D1 for Gota Ihashi.
1. Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki when Endo pinned Iwasaki with the Torture Rack Bomb (12:11).
2. Fresh Ariyama Greengrocer Cup Rumble: Antonio Honda (Spinach) defeated Kazuki Hirata (Bitter Gourd) with the Manjigatame (12:58).
Order Of Elimination: Sanshiro Takagi (Cucumber), Guanchulo (Carrot), Cherry (Tomato), Makoto Oishi (Cabbage), Daisuke Sasaki (Green Paper), Danshoku Dino (Eryngii), Kazuki Hirata (Bitter Gourd).
3. Yasu Urano defeated Hiroshi Fukuda with a Cradle (10:13).
4. HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Masa Takanashi & Kota Umeda when HARASHIMA pinned Umeda with the Somato (11:58).
5. Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Soma Takao with the Right Knee Of God (14:56).
6. All Asia Tag Team Titles: Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto (c) defeated Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie when Kodaka pinned Ishii with the Isamuashi Zan (20:39).
*V1 for Yankee Two Kenju.
Unfortunately for the hometown hero, Keisuke Ishii failed to win the All Asia Tag Team Titles with Shigehiro Irie. The current champions Yankee Two Kenju isolated Ishii and hit him with move after move until he was down for the count. Ishii showed brief signs of life when he suddenly caught Isami Kodaka with a Frankensteiner but his Kneel Kick was stopped with the Isamuashi Zan to end the match. Kodaka thanked the fans for cheering because it heated them up on a very cold day. The match was good preparation for his KO-D Openweight Title defence against Masa Takanashi.
Speaking of Takanashi, he ambushed Kodaka with a radish backstage after the show. Yuko Miyamoto saved Kodaka by throwing a box full of vegetables at Takanashi. They left Takanashi lying on the floor underneath the box crying. Guanchulo then walked past Takanashi, ignored him and grabbed one of the vegetables to eat.
The Battle Royal was sponsored by a local greengrocer. Every wrestler was given a vegetable they had to eat in the ring and say how delicious it was in order to compete in the match. If a wrestler could not do a convincing job advertising the vegetable they would be instantly eliminated. Thankfully everybody involved did their part with no hassle. Antonio Honda was rewarded with a basket of aloe from the greengrocer for winning the match.
Seiya Morohashi complained that a man like himself who has been wrestling for 18 years does not deserve to be in the dark match. He said he would crush Gota Ihashi. Then he got pinned in 9 seconds to become the new King Of Dark Champion. Morohashi begged for a rematch and this time he quickly beat Ihashi to transfer the belt back over to him. One more rematch was agreed to but was forced to end in a draw after 3 minutes right when Ihashi was about to do a Moonsault.