DDT “WRESTLING OKEHAZAMA 2016”, 14/02/2016
Aichi Nagoya Naka Sports Center
423 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. MAX LUCHA LIBRE Maximo Title: Daisuke Sasaki (c) defeated Makoto Oishi with the Vietnam Driver II (10:37).
*V4 for Daisuke Sasaki.
2. Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Kouki Iwasaki when Hirata pinned Iwasaki with the Miracle One Shot Cradle (10:11).
3. 3 Way Match: Kengo Takai defeated Danshoku Dino and Guanchulo when Takai pinned Guanchulo with a Lariat (7:40).
4. Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo & Hiroshi Fukuda defeated Yukio Sakaguchi, Masa Takanashi & Gota Ihashi when Takeshita pinned Ihashi with the German Suplex (10:27).
5. Isami Kodaka defeated Kota Umeda with the Isamuashi Zan (10:57).
6. Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao defeated HARASHIMA, Akito & Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Irie pinned Matsunaga with the Beast Bomber (11:20).
7. Antonio Honda defeated Yasu Urano with the Diving Fist Drop (19:28).
In the main event Antonio Honda got a much needed boost of momentum by beating Yasu Urano. Afterwards Honda spoke about recently turning 38 years old and compared it to The Walking Dead. He’s been in a pessimistic mood as if he was in a world filled with zombies. Even if he gets rid of the zombies he never knows when he could die and turning 38 makes him feel like he’s one step closer to death. However last year he had a good time wrestling against younger people like Kazuki Hirata and Akito, especially his match with Akito for the DDT Extreme Title. It was moments like them that reminds him why he is dedicated to pro wrestling. He invited the rest of Happy Motels into the ring and told them, the referee and the audience to embrace these moments with him. In the post-match interview Honda brought up The Walking Dead again and explained that wrestling Urano was like fighting a zombie. No matter how hard he hit him he always came back. The only way to beat him was to shoot him through the head. But since he had no guns he had to use the Bionic Elbow and Diving Fist Drop instead.
Shigehiro Irie continues to steam roll through his opponents. His only thoughts right now are beating HARASHIMA later this month and his recent victories are keeping him sharp.
Kota Umeda confronted Amon Tsurumi at the start of the show asking if he could be inserted into the KO-D No. 1 Contender’s Match on 28th February after he beats Isami Kodaka. Tsurumi told him that would be impossible but relented when Umeda threatened him. Umeda was happy with the decision and now more motivated for his match. Unfortunately he couldn’t beat Kodaka and the KO-D Openweight Champion now has a clean sweep over Shuten-dōji in singles matches except for KUDO. Kodaka said he will wait for KUDO to return.
In a non-title match T2Hide were able to beat their upcoming challengers from DNA. Kazuki Hirata told the DNA wrestlers to do their best training because the match result will be the same at Korakuen Hall. Kouki Iwasaki was annoyed that he was pinned from a Cradle and is determined not to let that happen again when the titles are on the line.
Daisuke Sasaki interrupted the opening announcements to demand his match with Makoto Oishi to be a MAX Lucha Libre Maximo Title Match. He beat Oishi to add another successful title defence to his reign. Backstage Sasaki accused DDT of probably being behind a conspiracy to not book title defences for him.