DDT “DNA 14”, 05/03/2016
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
350 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Nobuhiro Shimatani Debut Match: Kouki Iwasaki defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani with a Trampled Crab Hold (8:14).
2. Daiki Shimomura Debut Match: Kota Umeda defeated Daiki Shimomura with the Umeda Driver (10:49).
3. Tomoya Kawamura/Rainbow Kawamura Comeback Match: Rainbow Kawamura & Daichi Kazato defeated Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when Kazato pinned Guanchulo with the Sister Abigail (9:57).
4. Bear The Same Fate If They Take The Same Road! Brothers Take Different Paths!: Tigger Bedscene & Shiori Asahi defeated Dai Suzuki & Ken Ohka when Bedscene pinned Suzuki with a Northern Lights Suplex (11:39).
5. Kazusada Higuchi defeated Mizuki Watase with a Canadian Backbreaker (10:26).
6. Kota Umeda defeated Kouki Iwasaki with the Umeda Driver (15:45).
Kota Umeda used a new finisher to win both of his matches. The temporarily named Umeda Driver is a modified Fisherman Buster that looks like it lands similarly to a Northern Lights Bomb. Umeda pointed out that two thirds of the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions lost today while he beat two wrestlers in separate matches. In order to prove he is the strongest in DNA, Umeda must beat the only champion who has yet to be defeated, Kazusada Higuchi!
Mizuki Watase was able to give Higuchi a Back Drop for a nearfall but ultimately fell to Higuchi’s Canadian Backbreaker. Watase figured out that the Back Drop that won him his first wrestling match isn’t polished enough to beat someone like Higuchi. The feeling he got when he won a match was fun but useless if he can’t beat stronger opponents. He wants to have the same motivation he felt when he wrestled Shinjiro Otani.
Dai Suzuki is now 0-4 in DNA matches against his brother Tigger Bedscene. His partner for the match Ken Ohka praised Suzuki for his daring performance despite losing. Ohka told him to hang in there. It was revealed Suzuki wrestled with a cracked meniscus in his left knee. He hasn’t decided to get surgery or to let it heal naturally.
The returning Tomoya Kawamura declined to appear at the show’s opening ceremony. A message was passed along saying Kawamura was going to debut a new costume and ring name but wanted to wait until his match to reveal it. And reveal it he did. Wearing a Hatsune Miku wig, a colourful vest and a big ruffled collar to go with his normal tights Kawamura is now known as Rainbow Kawamura. He used a bottle of hand disinfectant to clean himself during the match. He explained that he spent a lot of time in Shinjuku while recovering from injury. He is called Rainbow Kawamura because his new costume has beautiful rainbow colours and he will use his disinfectant to clean up the world of pro wrestling.
DNA’s newest rookies Nobuhiro Shimatani and Daiki Shimomura both had their debut matches on this show, each against one of the wrestlers involved in the main event. Shimatani wore red gear for his match against Iwasaki. He wants to be the kind of wrestler who is brave with his strikes. Shimomura wore orange shorts and green kneepads as he wrestled Umeda. He received a lot of streamers for his introduction. He had a high flying style, hitting a Quebrada followed by a Swan Dive Lariat on Kouki Iwasaki during his hot streak in the match. Unfortunately Shimomura dislocated his left arm and has been told to rest for three weeks. He will have to miss the Sumo Hall show.
Mao Inoue will return from injury in time for the DDT 19th Anniversary show in Sumo Hall on 21st March.
A memorial for the late Eiji Esaki, aka Hayabusa was held by Sanshiro Takagi at the beginning of the show.