DDT “YOKOHAMA TWILIGHT 2016 ~SPRING~”, 29/04/2016
Yokohama Radiant Hall
400 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. King Of Dark Title: Rekka defeated Gota Ihashi (c) with a Jumping Cross Armbreaker (5:08).
*D1 for Gota Ihashi.
1. KENSO, Hiroshi Fukuda & Eddie French defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Kazuki Hirata & Guanchulo when Fukuda submitted Hirata with a Crab Hold (12:04).
2. 3 Way Match: Toru Owashi defeated Makoto Oishi and Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Owashi pinned both Oishi and Matsunaga with a Double School Boy (5:01).
3. Team Drift Goodbye Series: Ken Ohka, Danshoku Dino & Super Sasadango Machine defeated Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao when Ohka pinned Ishii with the Spear Of Flame (12:40).
4. Shunma Katsumata & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Mao Inoue when Iwasaki pinned Inoue with the Leg Capture Suplex (14:32).
5. HARASHIMA, Akito & Yasu Urano defeated Antonio Honda, Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo when Urano pinned Honda with the Tombstone Piledriver (16:58).
6. Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Polly defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masa Takanashi when Polly pinned Takanashi with the Reverse Splash (11:48).
Daisuke Sasaki introduced everyone to his brand new pet and it is big and mean. His name is Mad Polly, he is 180cm tall and weighs 140kg. With Demolition style facepaint and a costume that reminds me of Bam Bam Bigelow, Polly was ordered to go after Yukio Sakaguchi. Polly withstood Sakaguchi’s kicks and threw him over with a German Suplex. Masa Takanashi tried to help Sakaguchi in taking down the newcomer but they were both taken down with a Lariat. Polly Choke Slammed Takanashi and then pinned him with a Vader style Reverse Splash. Sasaki added insult to injury by giving Sakaguchi the Vietnam Driver II. Sasaki then introduced his “cute” new pet to the crowd and called himself the charismatic double champion.
The semi-main event was vital for both teams to win. Both Smile Squash and Happy Motels were involved in bid defeats to Daisuke Sasaki at “MAX BUMP 2016”. HARASHIMA lost his KO-D Openweight Title to Sasaki and the New Gen Combo failed to regain the KO-D Tag Team Titles from Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa. Also Akito & Yasu Urano came out of the show as the next challengers for the tag titles. Antonio Honda gave a long speech to his teammates about training their soul, using dumbbells and producing tremendous nose hair in the process. The motivating talk didn’t work and Smile Squash came out of the match as the winners. Honda took the blame for the loss.
Ken Ohka eagerly wished Team Drift the best of luck in their futures. Each of the Drift wrestlers were a little put off by Ohka excitedly shaking their hands after the match. But it also gave them enough encouragement to challenge Team DNA to a KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Title match on the 15th May Nagoya show. They want to win the titles and disband as champions. Kouki Iwasaki accepted the challenge because he wants DNA to beat the best teams in DDT even if they are about to split up.
Both Tomomitsu Matsunaga and Makoto Oishi are on the hunt for a Right To Challenge Contract. They both had an opportunity to win one from Toru Owashi. Owashi’s contract arm band was ripped off and thrown over to Amon Tsurumi. Both Matsunaga and Oishi chased after Tsurumi but got a Double Lariat for their troubles. Later in the match Owashi capitalised on his opponents’ infighting by pinning both of them at the same time.
Hiroshi Fukuda tricked Kazuki Hirata into dancing when he sang “You Are More Beautiful Than Roses” into the microphone. He then rolled over Hirata into a Crab Hold during the dance. After that match KENSO confronted Sanshiro Takagi again about joining DDT full time. He said would have attended “MAX BUMP 2016” last week but his wife Hiroko Suzuki had a Funabashi City Council meeting that day. KENSO then brought up the King Of DDT tournament and requested entry into the tournament. Takagi refused but Amon Tsurumi offered KENSO an opportunity. KENSO will have a match in Nagoya on 15th May to determine if he deserves to enter King Of DDT.
DDT will be heading to Nagano in June and the management think it could be the start of something good. They decided to set up a sales manager position for the Nagano region. Toru Owashi volunteered to take the position. He was given 30,000 yen for operating expenses and is tasked in making the first Nagano show a success.