DDT “DRAMATIC GRAND ILLUMINATION!”, 03/04/2016
Shizuoka Izuguranparu Park
500 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Gota Ihashi when Iwasaki pinned Matsunaga with the Leg Capture Suplex (5:10).
*Kouki Iwasaki wins Tomomitsu Matsunaga’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
2. Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when Hirata pinned Guanchulo with the Viagra Driver (7:33).
3. Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi defeated Masa Takanashi & Kota Umeda when Dino pinned Umeda with the Danshoku Driver (8:41).
4. DDT Extreme Title – Illumination Match: Super Sasadango Machine (c) defeated Shigehiro Irie with the Vertical Drop Lehmann Shock (8:34).
*V1 for Super Sasadango Machine.
5. Akito & Yasu Urano defeated Keisuke Ishii & Soma Takao when Urano pinned Ishii with a Rolling Cradle (10:47).
6. DDT Special 4 Vs Happy Motel Falls Count Anywhere 8-Man Tag Team Match: Sanshiro Takagi, HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai defeated Antonio Honda, Konosuke Takeshita, Tetsuya Endo & Hiroshi Fukuda when HARASHIMA pinned Fukuda with the Somato (18:48).
DDT went to the great outdoors for this show. Izuguranparu Park was holding a light show and DDT was brought in as the lead up to the event. A ring and stage entrance was set up in the area but everyone in the main event didn’t care and took the match over to different areas of the park. Yukio Sakaguchi and Saki Akai entered the area in style by driving a car over to the ring. Sanshiro Takagi cycled to ringside on his Combat Bicycle. He used a fire extinguisher on anyone in his way. Then there was a daisy chain of Necklocks along a pathway. The match went over to the trampoline area where everyone got on swings and tried to swing into each other. Takagi was thrown into a night covered in lights and acted like he was caught in a barbed wire explosion blast. Tetsuya Endo Moonsaulted off of a vending machine. Then he was run over by the car driven by Sakaguchi. Konosuke Takeshita found a baseball bat covered in lights and swung it at Takagi. The match eventually found its way back to the ring and HARASHIMA pinned Hiroshi Fukuda with the Somato to win.
Super Sasadango Machine presented his thesis on “The Creation Of Mutual Benefit In Professional Wrestling And Illumination” before the DDT Extreme Title match. He then faced Shigehiro Irie in an Illumination Match. As daylight went away the lights in the area would switch on. Sasadango was hoping that the pretty lights would distract Irie so he could hit the Lehmann Shock three times, enough to beat anyone. In order to do this he had possession of three Illumination Cards that would activate Royale Mode and switch on the lights. The plan surprisingly worked and Sasadango pinned Irie after the third Lehmann Shock. The champion admitted he thought he was going to die and he wanted to turn down his next title defence scheduled for 24th April. Kazuki Hirata came down on a segway and challenged Sasadango for the title.
Kouki Iwasaki took the Right To Challenge contract from Tomomitsu Matsunaga by pinning him in the opener.