DDT “FRIENDSHIP, EFFORT, VICTORY IN NAGOYA 2016”, 15/05/2016
Nagoya International Conference Hall
1. Nagoya Specialty! Miso Stew Special Tag Match: Super Sasadango Machine & Saki Akai defeated Ultraman Robin III & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Machine pinned Shimatani with the Vertical Drop Lehmann Shock (7:33).
2. 3 Way Tag Match: Masa Takanashi & Guanchulo defeated Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata and Antonio Honda & Hiroshi Fukuda when Guanchulo pinned Hirata with a School Boy (8:15).
*Guanchulo wins Kazuki Hirata’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
3. KENSO KING OF DDT 2016 Assessment Match: Cherry defeated KENSO with the Spring Night Love (7:48).
4. Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Kota Umeda when Takeshita pinned Umeda with the German Suplex (12:21).
5. Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi defeated HARASHIMA & Mizuki Watase when Oishi pinned Watase with the Jikiden Tornado Clutch (10:16).
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao defeated Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Kouki Iwasaki (c) when Takao pinned Iwasaki with the Gin And Tonic (15:09).
*Team DNA fails in V3. Team Drift become the 25th KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions!
7. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa (c) defeated Akito & Yasu Urano when Sasaki pinned Urano with the Vietnam Driver II (26:34).
*V3 for Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa.
Nagoya is Akito’s home but his attempt to win gold in front of his neighbours ended in failure. He & Yasu Urano pulled out that they could do against Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa. They gave Ishikawa a Double Superplex. Urano did a Slingshot Senton out of the ring onto Ishikawa. Urano even attempted a Moonsault but Sasaki rolled out of the way. Akito lifted Sasaki up for the Kinniku Big Move but Ishikawa stopped him with a Running Knee Lift. Ishikawa threw Akito out of ring while Sasaki gave Urano the Vietnam Driver II for a successful KO-D Tag Team Titles defence. Sasaki bragged that he has now defeated all members of Smile Squash.
Team Drift have won the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles for the sixth and possibly final time as a unit. Things weren’t looking good for the challengers when Kazusada Higuchi held onto Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie outside the ring. Shunma Katsumata dove out onto all three of them. Kouki Iwasaki tried to give Soma Takao the Leg Capture Suplex but Takao escaped. He then rolled Iwasaki into the Gin And Tonic to cause the title change. Takao said the DNA team were strong but it was Drift’s superior teamwork that was the difference maker. Irie was happy to win a championship in the city where he had his debut match. Ishii said he has a deep fondness for this championship and their sixth reign was a long time coming. He’s considering whether or not they will defend the title before they disband. Drift will split up on 29th May so time is running short to make the decision.
Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi are back to winning ways. Even though Oishi pinned the rookie Mizuki Watase, he and Dino instead see it as a victory over HARASHIMA. They think that is enough to earn them a KO-D Tag Team Title shot. They realise Sasaki will be busy defending the KO-D Openweight Title soon so they asked Amon Tsurumi if they could challenge for the All Asia Tag Team Titles instead! All they have to do is contact the PWF Chairman, Dory Funk Jr. Tsurumi said that would be impossible but then figured Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto might accept the challenge so they can have an easy title defence. Tsurumi told them he would look into it and to come back to him in a month’s time.
Match #3 was held to determined if KENSO would be allowed into this year’s King Of DDT tournament. He took on Cherry in a match that on paper would favour him heavily. However Cherry fought her hardest and even hit a Top Rope DDT to KENSO. A ref bump led to Ultraman Robin III running down to the ring and unmasking. It was Sanshiro Takagi! He gave KENSO a Stunner and Cherry locked in the Spring Night Love to pin KENSO for the three count. A sad KENSO accepted his failure but Cherry suddenly stood up for him. She criticised Takagi for interfering in the match and for wearing a ridiculous costume. She thinks KENSO deserves one more chance and this time it should be against Takagi himself. Takagi played dumb and said he was Ultraman Robin. Tsurumi said then Robin will be KENSO’s opponent. Takagi immediately took that back and accepted the match for 29th May. Meanwhile KENSO took a liking to Cherry and asked her to be in his corner for the match. He told her has a beautiful American made kimono for her to wear.
Guanchulo now has a Right To Challenge Contract. He, Danshoku Dino and Toru Owashi all have the remaining contracts.
The opening match had to be changed when Mammoth Handa was injured in an accident during his warm up exercises. Sanshiro Takagi was also unexpectedly announced as being absent due to a sudden private matter. Their replacements were Nobuhiro Shimatani and the debuting Ultraman Robin III. Robin’s mask slipped off during the match revealing it to be Takagi as part of his KENSO scheme later on in the show. Shimatani took the mask and decided to wear it. Saki Akai unmasked him and also decided to put it on herself.