DDT “KING OF DDT 2016 SAITAMA”, 05/06/2016
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
408 Fans – No Vacancy
0. King Of Dark Title: Tanomusaku Toba defeated Yumehito Imanari (c) with the Backhand Blow (3:53).
*D1 for Yumehito Imanari.
1. Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi, Guanchulo, Saki Akai & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi, Hoshitango, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Eddie French when Oishi pinned Hoshitango with the Coax (5:57).
2. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Tetsuya Endo defeated Mad Paulie with the Sky Twister Press (12:01).
3. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Kazuki Hirata defeated Shunma Katsumata with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (5:29).
4. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Soma Takao defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Gin And Tonic (11:!9).
5. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Shuji Ishikawa defeated Kota Umeda with the Running Knee Lift (10:17).
6. 3 Way Match: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Daisuke Sasaki and Gota Ihashi when Takeshita pinned Ihashi with the German Suplex (8:19).
7. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: KENSO defeated Antonio Honda with the Hagakure (14:11).
8. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: HARASHIMA defeated Masa Takanashi with the Cross Armbreaker (6:58).
9. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Kazusada Higuchi defeated Yasu Urano with a Doctor Bomb (16:23).
10. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 1: Shigehiro Irie defeated Yukio Sakaguchi with the Beast Bomber (16:34).
The King Of DDT 1st Round was the focus of this show. Tetsuya Endo defeated Mad Paulie, eliminating Daisuke Sasaki’s pet with a strong Torture Rack Bomb and Sky Twister Press. Kazuki Hirata ditched the dancing for his match with Shunma Katsumata and eliminated him by countering the Lightning Spiral into the Miracle On Shot Cradle. Only afterwards did Hirata start dancing. In a match between former Drift members, Soma Takao got the better of Keisuke Ishii. Takao was happy to see that he did not stumble and fall at his first challenge post-Drift. Kota Umeda tried what he could against Shuji Ishikawa and even kicked out of the Fire Thunder but he fell to the Running Knee Lift. KENSO wasn’t welcomed into the tournament by Antonio Honda but he didn’t let that get him down. KENSO won and said it was going to be the Summer Of KENSO. HARASHIMA bested Masa Takanashi but at one point was almost counted out. HARASHIMA countered the Takatonic into a Cross Armbreaker for a submission victory, a change from his usual method of winning with the Somato. Kazusada Higuchi also added a new move to his repertoire, pinning Yasu Urano with a Doctor Bomb to go through. Finally Shigehiro Irie and Yukio Sakaguchi beat the heck out of each other in the main event. Irie won but he hugged with Sakaguchi after the match. They also both sat down and bowed to each other.
The Round 2 matches on 12th June are:
Tetsuya Endo Vs Kazuki Hirata
Soma Takao Vs Shuji Ishikawa
KENSO Vs HARASHIMA
Kazusada Higuchi Vs Shigehiro Irie
The 3 Way Match was the first meeting between Konosuke Takeshita and Daisuke Sasaki since their KO-D Openweight Title match. Also Gota Ihashi was there. Sasaki took out a 5 yen coin on a string and swung it back and forth over Ihashi’s face. He told Ihashi that he is the strongest wrestler he ever fought, so much stronger than Takeshita. If he beats Takeshita then he can get the KO-D Title. Sasaki then ordered a hypnotised Ihashi to only attack Takeshita. The 3 Way Match turned into a 2 Vs 1 Handicap match but Sasaki’s plan failed. Ihashi missed a Cross Body attack and landed on Sasaki instead. Takeshita then pinned Ihashi with the German Suplex to overcome the 2 on 1 challenge.
At the end of the opening match Sanshiro Takagi spoke to Toru Owashi about his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract. Owashi has held the contract ever since he won it back in March and Takagi wanted to know when Owashi would use it for a KO-D Title shot. Takagi tried to convince Owashi to cash it in but he declined. Owashi told him it is important to consider the current situation and not take attention away from the King Of DDT tournament. He said he’ll get his title match when it is appropriate.
Yumehito Imanari was busy with editing work when he was told in the ring for the King Of Dark Title match. He and Amon Tsurumi argued over whether he should wrestle or go back to work. Tsurumi hyped up his challenger. It isn’t Kazuyuki Fujita or Naoya Ogawa or Shinya Aoki. It was former DDT kickboxer Tanomusaku Toba! Imanari accepted the fight but was overwhelmed with punches and kicks. He tried to do a German Suplex but Toba knocked him out with the Backblow to win. Ken Ohka and KAI entered the ring after the match. KAI introduced himself to Toba and said he was a fan of his going all the way back to his Suicide Boyz days. When Tsurumi asked why they were out here KAI told him it was about the KO-D Tag Team Titles match on 3rd July. Tsurumi couldn’t confirm them as the No. 1 contenders and also pointed out that KAI is supposed to be at a WRESTLE-1 show that day.
Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa then came out. Sasaki greeted KAI by calling him “Mr. Sakai” and telling him it’s been ten years since they wrestled together in Mexico. He and KAI talked about Yohei Nakajima recently visiting Mexico and Sasaki said he brought him back an erotic book as a souvenir. Ohka asked Sasaki for a tag title shot and Sasaki accepted it. KAI celebrated while Tsurumi confirmed the match will go ahead on 3rd July.