DDT “KING OF DDT 2016 OSAKA”, 12/06/2016
Osaka Edion Arena #2
607 Fans – No Vacancy
0. Dark Match: Mizuki Watase & Nobuhiro Shimatani defeated Guanchulo & Heddi French when Watase pinned Guanchulo with a Back Drop (4:40).
*Mizuki Watase wins Guanchulo’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
1. 4 Way Tag Match: Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi, Keisuke Ishii & Kouki Iwasaki and Yasu Urano & Shunma Katsumata when Sasaki submitted Katsumata with the Cross Facelock (5:39).
2. Konosuke Takeshita, Antonio Honda & Hiroshi Fukuda defeated Yukio Sakaguchi, Masa Takanashi & Kota Umeda when Takeshita pinned Umeda with the German Suplex (9:47).
3. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 2: Tetsuya Endo defeated Kazuki Hirata with the Sky Twister Press (10:11).
4. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 2: Shuji Ishikawa defeated Soma Takao with the Splash Mountain (16:07).
5. All Asia Tag Team Titles: Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto (c) defeated Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi when Miyamoto pinned Dino with the Axe Guillotine Driver (11:59).
*V6 for Yankee Two Kenju. Yuki Miyamoto wins Danshoku Dino’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
6. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 2: HARASHIMA defeated KENSO with the Somato (16:06).
7. King Of DDT 2016 – Round 2: Shigehiro Irie defeated Kazusada Higuchi with a Tazzmission (15:50).
The King Of DDT final four has been determined. In the quarter final matches Shigehiro Irie surprised everyone by tapping out Kazusada Higuchi with a Tazzmission. This is a new move in Irie’s arsenal and to tap out Higuchi with it is quite an achievement. HARASHIMA did everyone a favour and knocked KENSO out of the tournament. Shuji Ishikawa cut short Soma Takao’s post-Drift winning streak. And last but not least Tetsuya Endo bested Kazuki Hirata who claimed his Hirata GO! glasses were at full power. A lottery was held at the end of the show to pick who would face who at the semi final. Ishikawa had to leave early so Daisuke Sasaki represented him by wearing a cardboard cutout of his face. The semi final matches are HARASHIMA Vs Endo and Ishikawa Vs Irie.
The All Asia Tag Team Title match was overshadowed by an embarrassing situation for DDT. All Japan entrusted the belts to DDT during the week but they were accidentally left behind in Nagano after Saturday’s show. The referee for the match Kyohei Wada was angry that such a thing could even happen. Both Sanshiro Takagi and Amon Tsurumi apologised and took the blame for the mismanagement of the belts. Despite the absence of the belts, the championship match between Yankee Two Kenju and Guname Express went ahead as planned. Yuko Miyamoto scored the pinfall and won a Right To Challenge Contract to go along with a successful title defence. When Miyamoto had the contract explained to him by Isami Kodaka, he asked when the next KO-D Openweight Title match was supposed to take place. He was told the 3rd July in Hakata Star Lane. Miyamoto declared he will cash in his title shot for 3rd July and will go one on one with Konosuke Takeshita! However he was warned that the match will not go ahead if he loses a match and his contract between now and then.
Dick Togo made his first appearance in DDT since announcing his intentions to come back from retirement. He explained that for the last year his desire to wrestle again became louder and louder everyday. It became so big that he can no longer take it. He has only one life and he wants to live it by being honest with himself. So he decided now is the time for his return to the ring. He announced his first match back in DDT will be on 3rd July and he is also booked for several other dates throughout the summer including “PETER PAN 2016” at Sumo Hall on 28th August. His return match is a tag bout between himself & Antonio Honda Vs Yasu Urano & Guanchulo. Togo said DDT has changed dramatically since he was gone. He looks forward to hitting the new wrestlers who have come during his absence. He looks forward to hitting his disciples again. He even looks forward to hitting whatever unknown wrestlers he might get put in the ring with.
Another Right To Challenge Contract changed hands in the dark match. Guanchulo lost his contract to Mizuki Watase.