DDT “OSAKA BAYS BLUE SPECIAL 2016”, 18/09/2016
Osaka Edion Arena #2
535 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Guanchulo & Rekka defeated Mizuki Watase & Daiki Shimomura when Guanchulo pinned Rekka with the Acyl Pin Driver (7:49).
2. Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi defeated Gota Ihashi & Kouki Iwasaki when Owashi pinned Ihashi with La Magistral Cradle (6:49).
3. 3 Way Match: Danshoku Dino & Keisuke Ishii defeated Akito & Yasu Urano and Antonio Honda & Yoshihiko when Dino pinned Honda with the Danshoku Driver (10:15).
4. Original Shuten-dōji Vs NωA!: KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi defeated Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO when KUDO pinned Oishi with the Diving Double Knee Drop (9:06).
5. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Soma Takao (c) defeated Kazuki Hirata with the Gin And Tonic (18:07).
*V1 for Soma Takao.
6. HARASHIMA, Yuko Miyamoto & Kazusada Higuchi defeated Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Polly when Higuchi pinned Polly with the Goten (16:03).
7. Special Single Match: Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita with the Sky Twister Press (22:13).
A clash of former best friends headlined DDT’s annual “OSAKA BAYS BLUE SPECIAL” in Osaka Edion Arena #2. In fact, Tetsuya Endo’s turn to DAMNATION began because he couldn’t beat Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Title back in July. With a new, darker attitude Endo took his chance to redeem himself. Daisuke Sasaki gave a helping hand early when he swept Takeshita’s leg as he rebounded from the ropes. Endo himself hit some big moves like a No Touch Topé and a Hand Spring Kneel Kick. But Takeshita fired back with a Blue Thunder and a Turnbuckle Bomb. Endo tried to do the Torture Rack Bomb but Takeshita countered it into a Sleeper Hold. Takeshita went for his German Suplex finisher but Endo landed on his feet. This time he hit the Torture Rack and followed with the Sky Twister Press to finally get that victory over Takeshita. After the match Endo told Takeshita that this was reality. He thanked Sasaki for giving him the chance to show his true worth. Sasaki said he and Endo will win the KO-D Tag Team Titles, then Shuji Ishikawa will beat Kazusada Higuchi to keep the KO-D Title. Add in the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles and soon all KO-D belts will be under their control. DAMNATION will conquer DDT!
HARASHIMA could hardly wait to get his hands on DAMNATION in the 6-Man Tag match. After a quick ringside brawl HARASHIMA and Higuchi teamed up to take on Ishikawa. The champion and his challenger fired back and forth until they were both spent and laid out. However Higuchi got his second wind when fighting Mad Polly and slammed Sasaki’s pet with a big Goten for the three count. Higuchi warned Ishikawa that the same will happen to him on 25th September. Higuchi then told the Osaka crowd he will be the champion when DDT returns to the city.
Soma Takao successfully completed his first defence of the AJPW Jr. Title with a win over Kazuki Hirata. Takao’s opponent had spent the last month trying to prove he was taking this match seriously, ditching his dancing antics during his bouts. A Mad Splash got him close to winning but his Egoist Driver was countered into a Reverse DDT. Takao then won with the Gin And Tonic. Hirata sat and bowed to Takao and he got a pat on the shoulder in return. Takao said in his victory speech that he wants to be a strong champion whether it’s in DDT or elsewhere in Japan.
KUDO took time to appreciate being able to wrestle again. He told the crowd this was the first time in a year that he wrestled in Osaka. His knees have recovered steadily and he wants to show more and more strength when he comes back to Osaka next month.
During the 3 Way Tag Match Yoshihiko betrayed its tag partner Antonio Honda! It dove onto Danshoku Dino but was caught and put in the Lip Lock for a long time. The kiss convinced Yoshihiko to join Dino’s side and it gave Honda a Choke Slam. It then performed a Spinning Headscissors that threw Honda into the Danshoku Driver. When the match was over Dino was informed he will defend the DDT Extreme Title in Sapporo on 10th October. His opponent? Sanshiro Takagi! With DDT’s 20th Anniversary approaching Takagi is looking back through the company’s history to find a match for him and Dino. He found just the one, the Dai Ichin Pa-Lien Seiha Match! Dino thinks Takagi is sick because he spends so much time managing different companies. So it is up to Dino as the Wrestling Mentalist to cure him.
Kota Ibushi, Kuishinbo Kamen and Kikutaro were announced for “OSAKA OCTOPUS 2016” in Osaka Edion Arena #1 on 4th December.