DDT “DDT FES 2016”, 06/11/2016
Shin-Kiba Studio Coast
1,630 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Kameleo-gun Vs Macho 29-gun: TORU (Toru Owashi), SAKI (Saki Akai) & NOBU (Nobuhiro Shimatani) defeated Seiya Morohashi, Reika Saiki & Lady Beard when TORU pinned Morohashi with La Magistral Cradle (4:36).
2. BLACK OUT Presents Tag Match: LiLiCo & Gorgeous Matsuno defeated Guanchulo & Cherry when Matsuno pinned Guanchulo with a School Boy (9:30).
3. DJ Stecase King Presents Symphony Of Hell 6-Man Tag Team Death Match: KUDO, Masahiro Takanashi & Yoshihiko defeated Yasu Urano, Keisuke Ishii & Kikutaro when KUDO submitted Kikutaro with a Manjigatame (8:59).
4. Endless Idol Strife: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuki Hirata & Kouki Iwasaki (w/ Up Up Girls) defeated Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (9:06).
5. DISH// Danshoku Trials Pilgrimage: Soma Takao & Akito (w/ DISH//) defeated Danshoku Dino & Mizuki Watase when Takao pinned Watase with the Gin And Tonic (11:44).
6. Rock ‘N’ Roll Death Match: Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi (w/ Akira Shimizu) defeated A.YAZAWA (w/ Bed Inn Girls) with a Double Brainbuster (14:40).
7. Shin-Kiba STUDIO COAST Whole Surface Street Wrestling: Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Kota Ibushi, Kazusada Higuchi & Gota Ihashi when Endo pinned Ihashi with the Sky Twister Press (20:47).
8. Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Shigehiro Irie defeated HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi when Irie pinned HARASHIMA with the Vertical Drop Back Flip (13:40).
DDT’s first music festival put together a mixture of pro wrestling and pop music concerts. There were many, many, many musical acts performing throughout the day so I’m just going to focus on the wrestling portion of the show.
The main event was Shigehiro Irie’s first match back in DDT since he left for an American excursion back in July. Irie teamed with Konosuke Takeshita to take on HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi. Irie’s time away wrestling in another country looks to have paid off because he ended up beating one of the headliners for “OSAKA OCTOPUS 2016”! He and Takeshita celebrated by inviting musician Kenji Ohtsuki into the ring. Irie requested for Ohtsuki to make him a new entrance song. Ohtsuki said if Sanshiro Takagi is willing to pay him an exorbitant price, he can get to working on the song.
Kota Ibushi also returned to DDT for a big 8-Man Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere match against DAMNATION. This was Ibushi and Daisuke Sasaki’s first match together since they were part of the Golden☆Storm Riders. The match began away from the ring and near the stage. In fact, NωA were on stage ready to perform their new song when the other wrestlers came by and literally kicked them off the stage to continue their match. Ibushi and Mad Paulie squared off by spraying each other with cola. The match then spread over to a nearby swimming pool. Paulie intercepted Takagi’s Combat Bicycle but wound up cycling into the pool. Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo then Suplexed Ibushi in with Gota Ihashi joining when he tried to stop them. Back near the ring Endo Moonsaulted from a handrail while Sasaki and Ibushi fought up to a second floor balcony. Sasaki grabbed Ibushi’s arm, stood on the balcony and did the Jinsei Shinzaki rope walk across the rail! Meanwhile Kazusada Higuchi jumped off the VIP seat area to splash Paulie through a table! Shuji Ishikawa directed the match back to the ring where he fought with Takagi. Eventually Ihashi found himself in a 1 Vs 4 predicament against all of DAMNATION. He had no chance and was given the Splash Mountain followed by the Sky Twister Press to end a chaotic match. Surprisingly it turns out Sasaki and Ibushi still get along. Sasaki said it’s been a year since they last saw each other and he didn’t know what Ibushi was up to until he checked the internet. Meanwhile he conquered DDT with the kingdom of DAMNATION. Sasaki wished Ibushi the best and they shook hands.
Antonio Honda was sidelined with love-sickness and unable to compete. Luckily A.YAZAWA was brought in to replace him. YAZAWA was accompanied by the Bed Inn Girls while Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi had Akira Shimizu in his corner. It was a Rock ‘N’ Roll Death Match where everyone had to stop wrestling and dance whenever music was played. The Bed Inn Girls stripped down to their swimsuits to distract Hiroshi but Shimizu’s own music then played. His live singing made Hiroshi concentrate and win the match.
The members of DISH// helped fight off Danshoku Dino with Dropkicks after Match #5. Dino claimed before the show that one of the band would betray the others. The guilty party admitted to this and ran off being chased by the others.
Throughout the show NωA’s musical performance kept on getting interrupted. Not only did the Falls Count Anywhere match push them away but Yoshihiro Takayama’s entrance cut off their original set too. NωA declared they will finally sing their new song after they beat Takayama’s team. That didn’t happen. Instead Kazuki Hirata placed his HIRATA GO! glasses on Takayama and the giant gave Big Boots to all NωA members on route to victory. However there was a happy ending for NωA. At the very end of the show they came out and got to sing their new song “Going My ωay!! ~You Are Not Alone~”.
The wrestlers in Match #3 were all at the mercy of the Kinnikuman character Stecase King. He was the DJ for the match and would play different theme songs throughout the match. The wrestlers were powerless to the music and found themselves mimicking the wrestlers associated with the famous theme songs. Kikutaro transformed into Stan Hansen and Jumbo Tsuruta while Yoshihiko became a shoot wrestler when the UWF Theme was played. It then did some high flying spots during “Sky High”. The match ended when “Honō no Fighter” came on and everyone on KUDO’s team applied the Manjigatame to their opponents until they submitted.
Gorgeous Matsuno tried to be a leader and told LiLiCo he would teach their opponents “the rigours of professional wrestling”. That was easier said than done. Cherry was in a sour mood and told Guanchulo to kill the “old hag” LiLiCo. Some miscommunication caused Cherry and Guanchulo to hit each other and Matsuno caught Guanchulo in a School Boy to win.
Toru Owashi, Saki Akai & Nobuhiro Shimatani came out with new looks to fit in with the band Kameleo in the opener. Their opponents came out looking macho because they were accompanied by the Macho 29. Lady Beard had to leave early to go prepare for a live NHK interview so the Macho 29 team had to fight a 2 Vs 3 disadvantage. Sanshiro Takagi eventually came to the rescue to big fanfare but an accidental Lariat to Seiya Morohashi cost them the match.