DDT “SAITAMA SLAM! VOL. 18”, 07/01/2017
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
350 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. King Of Dark: Daiki Shimomura defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani (c) with a Crucifix Pin (1:47).
1. Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Soma Takao & Gota Ihashi when Hirata pinned Ihashi with a Sliding Kick (7:27).
2. 3 Way Match: Mike Bailey and Shigehiro Irie defeated Mad Paulie by Disqualification when Paulie attacked the referee (11:01).
3. Yoshihiro Takayama, Kouki Iwasaki & Saki Akai defeated Antonio Honda, Guanchulo & Candice LeRae when Takayama pinned Guanchulo with the Running Knee Lift (9:13).
4. Keisuke Ishii & Mizuki Watase defeated Toru Owashi & Yasu Urano when Ishii pinned Urano with an Inside Cradle (10:22).
5. Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa & Tetsuya Endo defeated HARASHIMA, Akito & Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Sasaki submitted Matsunaga with La Mistica Crossover Facelock (13:31).
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi (c) defeated Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO when Sakaguchi pinned MAO with the Right Knee Of God (10:20).
*V2 for Shuten-dōji.
7. KO-D Openweight Title Challenger Decision Tournament – Round 1: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Kazusada Higuchi (25:31).
Konosuke Takeshita is one more match away from reaching the main event of “JUDGEMENT 2017” in March. He defeated Kasusada Higuchi in the first match of a four man playoff. There were Lariats a plenty as both men wanted to outlast the other with their strength. Takeshita kicked out of the Doctor Bomb at two but Higuchi kicked out of a Vertical Drop Brainbuster at one. Takeshita hit the same Horizontal Chops he used to beat Toru Owashi last year but Higuchi survived them. It took a German Suplex to end the match and send Takeshita through to the final. Takeshita said when he wins the KO-D Openweight Title at Saitama Super Arena he will want one more match with Higuchi.
Shuten-dōji are still the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions but they have bigger fish to fry this weekend. They are more invested in seeing KUDO beat Tetsuya Endo tomorrow and eventually win the main event spot for “JUDGEMENT 2017”. They would love nothing more than to see KUDO Vs HARASHIMA for the title to celebrate DDT’s 20th Anniversary.
HARASHIMA has other problems to worry about for now. After losing to DAMNATION, he was approached by Daisuke Sasaki. Calm and polite, Sasaki said he is over Candice LeRae and promised to fight fair against HARASHIMA in their title match on 29th January. They were about to shake hands when Sasaki kicked HARASHIMA and then put him in the Modified Cross Facelock until the champion fainted. Sasaki threw HARASHIMA out of the ring and yelled that he will become the champion on 29/1.
Yasu Urano is worried he now cannot challenge Keisuke Ishii for the AJPW Jr. Title after being pinned by him today. He was told that it’s still possible. It’s all up to the PWF President Dory Funk Jr. Urano wouldn’t dare to ask him immediately. Instead he’s going to be more calculated and wait until the time is right.
The 3 Way Match fell apart when Mad Paulie attacked the referee. Shigehiro Irie and Mike Bailey worked together to fight him off and send him packing. Irie gave Bailey a thumbs up afterwards.
It just goe from bad to worse for Nobuhiro Shimatani. After losing another King Of Dark Title match he was told afterwards that he cannot wrestle for DNA as long as he is champion. Shimatani swears he will get rid of the cursed championship and go back to DNA when it is relaunched next month.
Danshoku Dino was not at the show due to a back injury. Instead the BOYZ president Johnny Etajima appeared to announce his plans for the 12th January BOYZ event. He wants to do something unusual so the show will be based around a competition between two teams captained by Makoto Oishi and HARASHIMA. Oishi has a mystery wrestler on his team, the only clue is it’s an attractive blonde. Everyone assumes it is Yasu Urano.