DDT “ROAD TO SUPER ARENA IN OYODO ~DRAMATIC DREAM TENROKU~”, 09/01/2017
Osaka Oyodo Community Center
322 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Kazusada Higuchi, Kouki Iwasaki & Candice LeRae defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when LeRae pinned Hirata with the Balls Plex (9:12).
2. Antonio Honda & Yuni defeated Masahiro Takanashi & Guanchulo when Honda pinned Guanchulo with the Diving Fist Drop (9:18).
3. Yasu Urano & Soma Takao defeated Keisuke Ishii & Rekka when Urano pinned Rekka with a Figure Four Jackknife (9:47).
4. 3 Way Match: KUDO defeated Tetsuya Endo and Shunma Katsumata when KUDO pinned Katsumata with the Diving Double Knee Drop (8:46).
5. 26cm Height Difference! New Year Special Single Match: Yoshihiro Takayama defeated Makoto Oishi with the Knee Lift (9:26).
6. Oyodo Specialty! I Came Here To Osaka Many Times To Know Its Dialect Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie by Referee Stoppage when HARASHIMA choked out Sasaki with a Modified Sleeper (16:25).
7. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Masakatsu Funaki & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Mike Bailey (c) when Funaki pinned Bailey with the Hybrid Blaster (14:43).
*Konosuke Takeshita & Mike Bailey fail in V2. Masakatsu Funaki & Yukio Sakaguchi become the 59th KO-D Tag Team Champions.
Looks like Masakatsu Funaki will be sticking around for a while because he is now a KO-D Tag Team Champion! Funaki drilled Mike Bailey’s head into the canvas with the Hybrid Blaster to cause the title change. Yukio Sakaguchi’s victory speech was cut off when HARASHIMA & Akito entered the ring. Akito reminded Sakaguchi that he beat him by submission yesterday. He asked how humiliating must it have been? Sakaguchi tried to brush his comments off but Akito then said that there’s no way the pain he caused to Sakaguchi’s legs have already gone away. Sakaguchi said that liquor is his medicine. He then wanted to know if Akito was here to challenge him. Well there’s no need as Sakaguchi nominated him and HARASHIMA as the No. 1 Contenders anyway. When Smile Squash were sent away, Funaki told a story about meeting Sakaguchi’s father Seiji Sakaguchi at a New Japan training camp when he was around 16 years old. He did not think he would be winning championships with Seiji’s son 32 years later.
HARASHIMA got a measure of revenge on Daisuke Sasaki for yesterday’s sneak attack. After he hit Sasaki with the Somato, HARASHIMA then applied a Sleeper Hold and choked out Sasaki to win. When Sasaki was revived backstage he asked if Candice LeRae saw what happened. Apparently she did. Sasaki then swore he will kill HARASHIMA!
At the start of the show Makoto Oishi had to be encouraged by Amon Tsurumi to have his match with Yoshihiro Takayama. Oishi was intimidated by the massive size difference and the result was never in doubt. Oishi was fighting back the tears as he thanked Takayama for the match backstage afterwards. Takayama tried to cheer him up by saying he showed No Fear.
Yasu Urano will get his AJPW Jr. Title match against Keisuke Ishii on 29th January. He was in such a good mood over this and his win today that he was full of praise for Ishii in his post-match promo. Urano said he would not mind if he had to wait for the title shot but the All Japan office gave their blessing for it to happen on the 29th. Urano promises a fair fight but Ishii doesn’t believe him.
Antonio Honda doesn’t feel bad about his age when he teams with Yuni. Honda’s 39 years old and Yuni is only 8. That makes their average age 23. Honda is now thinking up a team name for themselves.
There was a little bit of tension between Kazuki Hirara and Candice LeRae. Candice complained about Hirata’s dance entrance. However she was happy to dance herself once she put on the Hirata GO! glasses. During the dance Kazusada Higuchi Headbutted Hirata in time with the music. Candice then pinned Hirata with the Balls Plex.
Danshoku Dino Vs Yoshihiro Takayama was booked for Osaka Edion Arena #2 on 4th February.