DDT “BEST WESTERN LARIAT SERIES 2017 SEASON OPENER”, 22/01/2017
Tokyo Best Western Rembrandt Hotel Tokyo Machida
380 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. King Of Dark Title: Rekka defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani (c) with a Cross Armbreaker (5:15).
*D9 for Nobuhiro Shimatani.
1. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – 3 Way 6-Man Tag Team Match: Kazusada Higuchi, Kouki Iwasaki & Mizuki Watase defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi (c) and Konosuke Takeshita, Antonio Honda & Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi when Higuchi pinned Honda with the Doctor Bomb (8:57).
*Shuten-dōji fails in V3. Team DNA becomes the 28th KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions!
2. Lunch Time Concert To Enjoy Singing And Dancing In Machida: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when Oishi pinned Hirata with the Jikiden Tornado Clutch (12:39).
3. Saki Akai & Guanchulo defeated Danshoku Dino & Gota Ihashi when Akai pinned Ihashi with the Rookie Award (12:43).
4. Keisuke Ishii & Hoshitango defeated Yasu Urano & Soma Takao when Ishii pinned Urano with a Cradle (10:45).
5. Charismatic Electric Shock Combination Of The Death Match And The Emperor In The Wrestling World!: Yoshihiro Takayama & Jun Kasai defeated Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Paulie when Kasai pinned Paulie with a Backslide Pin (11:35).
6. Smile Squash Vs DAMNATION!: HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo when Akito submitted Endo with the Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock (16:22).
Once again Daisuke Sasaki was pretending to play nice in front of HARASHIMA. A handshake offer was kicked away but he got to hit his Low Blow later in the match. Tetsuya Endo also joined in the cheating by choking HARASHIMA with a T-shirt while the referee’s back was turned. DAMNATION’s attention then turned to Akito but HARASHIMA came back and took out Sasaki with the Somato. Akito avoided Endo’s Sky Twister Press and locked on the Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock to win. HARASHIMA and Sasaki stared at each other after the match until Sasaki withdrew from ringside with Endo.
The other members of DAMNATION attacked Yoshihiro Takayama during his entrance. This resulted in a brawl throughout the auditorium until things calmed down. Jun Kasai fought dirty as well, distracting Daisuke Kiso to attack Mad Paulie. Takayama fought with Shuji Ishikawa in the ring during the final moments. Kasai rolled out of the way from Paulie’s Reverse Splash then pinned him with a Backslide. Kasai has secret plans in place for his DDT Extreme Title defence against Paulie. He noticed how Paulie always has a dog chain attached to him so they should have a Dog Chain Death Match!
Yasu Urano was again beaten by Keisuke Ishii with a flash pin. He is now getting frustrated that he can’t beat the AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Champion.
DDT was welcomed to the Best Western Rembrandt Hotel in Machida, Tokyo. Not only was there wrestling on offer but food and drink as well. Gota Ihashi wanted to have a romantic stay so he had a challenge for Saki Akai. If Ihashi’s team won, he and Akai would share the same hotel room. Akai’s tag partner Danshoku Dino accepted but only on the condition that if he & Akai won then the hotel manager would have to spend the night with Dino. Ihashi tried to hit a Splash on Akai several times, finally succeeding when Dino couldn’t pull Akai out of the way in time. However Akai recovered and pinned Ihashi with the Rookie Award boot to the face. Akai told the hotel manager he now had to give Dino his best service in their suite tonight.
The odds were not in Shuten-dōji’s favour when they defended the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles in a 3 Way Match. As much as they tried to take control of the match, it broke down into chaos and the belts changed hands without anybody in Shuten-dōji getting pinned. Yukio Sakaguchi hit the Right Knee Of God on Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi but Antonio Honda then took him out with a Bionic Elbow. That gave Kazusada Higuchi the opportunity to give Honda the Doctor Bomb to win the titles for DNA! Shuten-dōji weren’t happy with the result but resisted taking their anger out on the new champions.