DDT “NANIWA WRESTLING ROAD 2017”, 04/02/2017
Osaka Edion Arena #2
1. The Best Soup Is A Song Or Something! No, And Dance! If You Do Not Say It’s The Final Settling Match!!: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when Katsumata pinned Hirata with a School Boy (7:52).
2. Keisuke Ishii defeated Gota Ihashi with a Dangerous Exploder (4:04).
3. Soma Takao & Yuni defeated Yasu Urano & Guanchulo when Takao pinned Guanchulo with the Gin And Tonic (9:42).
4. DAMNATION Vs DNA Naniwa Army: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno when Sasaki submitted Ueno with the Cross Facelock (11:21).
5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Kazusada Higuchi, Kouki Iwasaki & Mizuki Watase (c) defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Iwasaki pinned Takanashi with the Leg Capture Suplex (12:18).
*V1 for Team DNA.
– Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Kotatsu defeated Hyota Echizenya (c) by Pinfall (7:12 pm).
*Kotatsu becomes the 1,207th champion.
6. DDT Extreme Title – Dog Chain Death Match: Jun Kasai (c) defeated Mad Paulie with the Pearl Harbour Splash (13:53).
*V3 for Jun Kasai.
7. Ultra Special Single Match: Yoshihiro Takayama defeated Danshoku Dino with the Lip Lock (10:36).
8. Humanity Is A Battle Blooming In A Huge Ring Of Naniwa! Osaka Specialty Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Antonio Honda when HARASHIMA pinned Honda with the Somato (19:26).
Konosuke Takeshita remains confident he can beat HARASHIMA at Saitama Super Arena. He’s been telling himself he is the future of DDT ever since he debuted. Now that the Saitama Super Arena main event has been decided, he must beat HARASHIMA there to prove it. HARASHIMA told him he’s looking forward to the match and shook his hand with a big smile. But when Takeshita didn’t smile back, HARASHIMA’s expression changed and he refused to let go of the handshake until they were pulled away.
For the last week Soma Takao has been thinking of his own future. He was advised by Amon Tsurumi to join one of DDT’s units in order to improve his position on the roster. At the end of the show Takao approached Smile Squash and asked if he could join their side. He fought against them many times and ultimately he wants to beat HARASHIMA but until then he would like to work with him. T2Hide interrupted, Sanshiro Takagi wants Takao to join them instead. They’ll even trade Kazuki Hirata to Smile Squash if they have to! Yasu Urano told him they don’t want Hirata. Then NωA came out. They want Takao to be an idol like them. Tsurumi stopped the arguing and came up with a solution. There will be a Takao Battle Match on 12th February between Takao, Urano, Takagi and Oishi. If Takao wins he gets to join whichever unit he wants. If any other wrestler wins then their unit claims Takao. Any of the units not currently involved in the match can also enter it if they want to.
Danshoku Dino actually had Yoshihiro Takayama beaten with the Hell Car Combination with Makoto Oishi but pulled him up from the pin before the ref counted to three. Dino wasn’t done with him yet. He applied the Lip Lock but Takayama Hulked out of it and gave Dino his own Lip Lock. It was so powerful that Dino lost consciousness and was easily pinned afterwards. When he woke up Takayama told him the match was a painful struggle but the fighting is over. Takayama is no longer afraid of Dino. They both hugged and screamed “No Fear!” together.
Jun Kasai survived a Choke Slam through a table to beat Mad Paulie. A dog chain kept the two close to each other but Kasai decided to detach it from his collar and use the chain to tie up Paulie. With no way of escaping, Paulie was a sitting duck for the Pearl Harbour Splash. After the match Kasai nominated his DDT Extreme Title challenger for Saitama Super Arena. It’s Daisuke Sasaki! Kasai mentioned he has a relative’s wedding ceremony to attend that day but he wouldn’t miss this match for anything, even his parent’s funeral!
There is no question now that Team DNA are deserving KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions. They won the belts without beating the previous champions Shuten-dōji so naturally Shuten-dōji wanted the first title shot. Masahiro Takanashi’s run of victories ended when Kouki Iwasaki pinned him with the Leg Capture Suplex. Yukio Sakaguchi looked like he still wanted to fight after the match but instead he took one of the title belts and handed it to Kazusada Higuchi, accepting the result.
Hyota Echizenya appeared with the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title to talk with Takagi and Tsurumi. He entered the room wearing a Kotatsu table over his back and then invited the others to sit by the Kotatsu. Echizenya talked about being unable to write his current manuscript because of the pressures of defending the Iron Man title all the time. Their conversation was interrupted by Gota Ihashi and Dai Suzuki both wanting to attack the champion. Takagi stood up to defend Echizenya but accidentally flipped the Kotatsu on top of him in the process. 1…2…3! The Kotatsu table is the new champion! Tsurumi told Echizenya to pin the table and win the belt back but he declined. Echizenya originally won the title by beating the table so it is only fitting that the table won it back from him. He thanked DDT for the wonderful experience and he will now go back to writing his manuscript.
Naomi Yoshimura denied that he lost his tag match against DAMNATION. It was Yuki Ueno who submitted so under Yoshimura’s logic he’s the one who lost.
Guanchulo yelled about how much he hates children while he fought Yuni.
The opening match was held under Scramble Bunkhouse Lucha Glasses Rules.