TAVERN WRESTLING “ALCOHOL MANIA 2017”, 23/03/2017
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
300 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Best Stretchman V3 Debut Match: Best Stretchman V3 & Tsutomu Oosugi defeated Kazuhiro Tamura & Hiroshi Kondo when Stretchman pinned Kondo with the Best Stretch Bomber (6:02).
2. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Match: Yuu & Miyu Yamashita defeated Akane Miura & Maho Kurone when Yamashita pinned Kurone with the Attitude Adjustment (10:04).
3. Obi-chan Close Call ~Final Chapter~ 5 Way Match: Joey Ryan defeated Sayaka Obihiro, Cherry, Yusuke Kubo and Tatsuhiko Yoshino when Ryan pinned Cherry with the Super Kick (9:10).
4. Ryuichi Sekine, Ryota Nakatsu & Fuminori Abe defeated Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi, Trans-Am ★ Shinya & SAGAT when Nakatsu submitted Hiroshi with the Cross Armbreaker (9:20).
5. Union MAX Title: Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi defeated FUMA (c) with the Perfect Five (13:53).
*FUMA fails in V2. Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi becomes the 8th Union MAX Champion!
6. DDT Foods Strongest Store Decision Falls Count Anywhere 3 Way Match: Isami Kodaka & Akito defeated KUDO & Gota Ihashi and Soma Takao & Makoto Oishi when Kodaka pinned Ihashi with the Diving Double Knee Drop from the south stage (11:58).
Today’s show was the last call for Tavern Wrestling before BASARA takes over the format for their own events in Shin-Kiba 1st RING later this year. The ring announcer Rikiya Shindo kicked off the show by asking if everybody was already drunk, then he held a toast for the final Tavern Wrestling show.
A wild 3 Way Tag Match fought under Falls Count Anywhere Rules main evented the show. Isami Kodaka took a page out of his recent team mate Keiji Muto’s playbook and hit a Shining Wizard to Gota Ihashi. Meanwhile KUDO laid out Makoto Oishi, Soma Takao and Akito on separate rows of the southern bleachers. Kodaka knocked KUDO off and stepped on each of the wrestlers as he climbed up to the top. From there he jumped over all of them to hit the Diving Double Knee Drop on Ihashi for the victory. Kodaka promised after the match that the BASARA shows under this format will be even more crazy.
The Union MAX Title now belongs to the Trans-Am group! FUMA’s title reign was cut down thanks to Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi. The challenger did well to block and avoid the Jawbreaker kick throughout the closing minutes. His Lariats were the difference maker and FUMA was too dazed by them to do anything. That made it easy for Ryuichi to pick him up and drop him down with the Perfect Five. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi declared that “The Champ Is Here!” as the crowd chanted “USA!” But Ryuichi Sekine then appeared to challenge the new champion. Ryuichi is strong but Nakatsu thinks he is stronger. He was only a trainee when Union Pro closed down but he strongly wants to win the title. Ryuichi called Nakatsu a young boy and accepted the challenge. Nakatsu picked the date and location, Korakuen Hall on 29th April!
Alliances were quickly formed and broken during the 5 Way Match. Wrestlers kept pairing up with each other to double team the opposition then a betrayal would happen so someone could pick a “new friend” to help them. In an awkward moment Joey Ryan ended up grabbing Sayaka Obihiro’s chest then commented on how flat she is. Obihiro froze with shock and was out of it for the rest of the match. Ryan later pinned Cherry while Yusuke Kubo tried to comfort Obihiro outside the ring.
Daichi Kazato is now the Best Stretchman V3. He wrestled in a loud orange and blue superhero bodysuit and used a lot of stretching submission moves on his opponents. With a triumphant debut, Stretchman is now looking forward to creating a stir in BASARA and protecting the world from evil.