GANBARE☆WRESTLING “THIS IS MY WAY TO LIVE 2017”, 02/04/2017
Tokyo BASEMENT MON☆STAR
140 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. World’s Strongest Ganbare☆Tag Tournament – Semi Final: Kenso Ohka & KAZMA SAKAMOTO defeated Shinichiro Tominaga & Hi69 when SAKAMOTO pinned Tominaga with the Michinoku Driver II (14:24).
2. World’s Strongest Ganbare☆Tag Tournament – Semi Final: Ken Ohka & Ganbare The Great defeated Yukihiro Abe & Keisuke Ishii when Ohka pinned Abe with the Fire Spear (16:11).
3. I Will Not Give Up Tag Tournament – Semi Final: Mitomi Masayuki & Shibata defeated Yumehito Imanari & Bambi when Masayuki pinned Imanari with the Salty Splash (6:40).
4. I Will Not Give Up Tag Tournament – Semi Final: Shuichiro Katsumura & Takafumi Ito defeated Nobuhiro Tsurumaki & Chikara when Katsumura submitted Chikara with a Jumping Crucifix Armbreaker (8:37).
5. I Will Not Give Up Tag Tournament – Final: Nobuhiro Tsurumaki & Chikara defeated Yumehito Imanari & Bambi when Chikara pinned Imanari with the Saber Chop (5:45).
6. World’s Strongest Ganbare☆Tag Tournament – Final: Kenso Ohka & KAZMA SAKAMOTO defeated Ken Ohka & Ganbare The Great when Kenso Ohka submitted Ken Ohka with a Figure Four Leg Lock (17:32).
The second show of the day featured the remaining rounds of the World’s Strongest Ganbare☆Tag Tournament. It began with Ken Ohka & Ganbare The Great entering the ring to the Big Japan theme song. Ohka wondered why they were using that music. Ganbare said he chose the song because they were taking part in a big Japanese pro wrestling show. The song played again when they left the ring and the crowd chanted “Dai Nippon!” at them.
In the semi-finals Shin Ganbare☆Wrestling eliminated Shinichiro Tominaga & Hi69 while Ohka & Ganbare advanced over Yukihiro Abe & Keisuke Ishii. In the final, KAZMA SAKAMOTO unmasked Ganbare, revealing that it really was Minoru Fujita under the mask. Kenso Ohka targeted Ken Ohka’s leg effectively enough for him to tap out to a Figure Four Leg Lock. Kenso complained that there was no trophy then praised SAKAMOTO for being best, kindest tag wrestler ever. When they left, Ken Ohka called for Fujita to come over to him. Fujita put his mask back on and went back to his Ganbare character. Ohka admitted he knew it was Fujita all along and that their defeat was not his fault. Ohka said he has never won a tournament but more opportunities will come along. He then joked that Fujita can go to over Big Japan. Fujita threatened to quit instead even though he doesn’t know why he would do that.
A second tournament took place throughout the show but this one was done using Losers Advance rules. I Will Not Give Up Tag Tournament featured all of the teams that were eliminated in Round 1. Both Enjo-gun and Shuichiro Katsumura & Takafumi Ito won their matches so they survived the embarrassment of being in the final. That went to the teams of Yumehito Imanari & Bambi and Nobuhiro Tsurumaki & Chikara. Chikara overcame his hesitation to hit Bambi to win the match, using as many Saber Chops as his heart desired. Imanari & Bambi were “rewarded” with the title of Weakest Team. Imanari blamed Bambi for their failure because she recently lost weight. To make up for this Imanari challenged Bambi to a Double Sweet Death Match in Osaka on 30th April. Imanari wants to fill Bambi with 15,000 calories of candy!