This past week in Orlando, the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title went through a series of title changes all around the city. There were many pro wrestling shows held throughout Orlando and the Iron Man Title was seen in several of them. The first title change happened on 30th March when Joey Ryan lost the title to Brandi Rhodes on a WrestlePro show. The show promoter Pat Buck then won the title backstage later in the night. Buck was later pinned by Ryan. So far, so good.
The next day Ryan defended the title in an Over The Top Rope Battle Royal at the WrestleCon Super Show. Ryan was pinned by The Underground Luchador who afterwards revealed himself to be Matt Striker. Ryan, who wasn’t eliminated because it was Over The Top Rope rules only, threw Striker out of the ring to eliminate him and win back the belt. The match ended with Swoggle eliminating Ryan to become champion. Ryan quickly won the belt back but his celebration was then interrupted by The Sandman! One Singapore Cane beating later and The Sandman is champ. Later backstage Swoggle snuck up on a sleeping Sandman and pinned him, then Joey did the same to Swoggle. So at the end of the night, Joey had the belt. Got it? Because it’s going to get a bit more hectic.
Many more changes happened on April Fool’s Day. First, a match between Joey and The Primate at What Culture Pro Wrestling was interrupted by Jack The Jobber pinning Joey to win the title. Joey won the belt back but then lost it to Joe Hendry. However, Hendry declared that he hates comedy wrestling so he threw the belt into a trash bin. An official decision was made to declare the Trash Bin as the new champion! Jack The Jobber pinned the Bin, Joey pinned Jack and then ran off to the WrestleCon Women’s Super Show. While there, Shayna Baszler submitted Joey with an Armbar. Eddie Kingston stole the belt backstage. He was declared the champion when Baszler gave up searching for the belt. Kingston then traded the belt to Joey for some cigarettes.
Sunday was a quiet day in comparison. With all the attention on WrestleMania, there weren’t as many shows being held elsewhere in the city. But in the early hours of the morning Beyond Wrestling was running a midnight show. Joey Ryan was pinned by Joey Janela in a Mixed Tag Match. When the show was over Janela was ambushed by The Invisible Man! So right now at the time of writing, The Invisible Man is your Iron Man Heavymetalweight Champion!
DDT “FIRST TIME ADVANCE! 2017”, 08/04/2017
Tokyo Narimasu Act Hall
1. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Antonio Honda Vs Royce Isaacs
2. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Akito Vs Kouki Iwasaki
3. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Keisuke Ishii Vs Yoshihiko
4. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Yoshihiro Takayama Vs Kazusada Higuchi
5. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: KUDO Vs Shigehiro Irie
6. Best Final Of A Song! No, I’m Dancing! Final Conclusion For A Second Time!!: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO
7. 4 Way Match: Soma Takao Vs Shuji Ishikawa Vs Masahiro Takanashi Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga
8. Smile Squash Vs DAMNATION!: HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano Vs Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo
9. You Will Kill Or Get Hurt! You Will Get Caught Or Killed! Special Single Match: Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Danshoku Dino
10. Spring Big Bang Battle: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Mad Paulie
This year’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contracts will be put on the line in five separate single matches. Each match has a five minute time limit and if the time expires the winner will be determined by the audience.
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TAREKATSUDON~”, 09/04/2017
Niigata City Nishikawa Multi-Purpose Hall
1. No. 1 Idol Wrestler In DDT Decision: Toru Owashi Vs Makoto Oishi
2. T2Hide Vs Shuten-dōji: Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata Vs KUDO & Masahiro Takanashi
3. 4 Way Match: Daisuke Sasaki Vs Akito Vs Keisuke Ishii Vs Kazusada Higuchi
4. Konosuke Takeshita & Guanchulo Vs Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie
5. Niigata Specialty Match! Tochio Fried Single Match: Yukio Sakaguchi Vs MAO
6. Tag Match Where Muscle Friends Encourage Super Sasadango Machine For Medical Treatment: Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino (w/ Super Sasadango Machine) Vs Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda
7. HARASHIMA & Soma Takao Vs Shigehiro Irie & Kouki Iwasaki
Super Sasadango Machine is still a ways away from being healthy enough to wrestle again. His friends Danshoku Dino, Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda are banding together to help him out. Yoshihiro Takayama is coming along too.
BASARA “VAJRA 34 ~LION DASH~”, 29/04/2017
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1. Reversal Pro Wrestling Trial: X Vs X
2. Nakano Practice Student Debut Match: Nakano Vs X
3. Union MAX Title: Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi (c) Vs Ryota Nakatsu
No details yet on the new BASARA trainee.
Also appearing on the card are Minoru Tanaka, Atsushi Maruyama, Hagane, Gunso, YO-HEY, Kenshin Chikano and Tatsuhiko Yoshino.
GANBARE☆WRESTLING “TOKYO 2017”, 30/04/2017
Osaka Hirano Community Hall
1. Enjo-gun, Osaka’s First Visit!: Mitomi Masayuki & Shibata Vs Daina Mido & Hiroto Okubo
2. Ganbare Wrestling In OSAKA Special Single Match: Yukinori Abe Vs Hiro Tonai
3. No Protein 15,000 Calorie Intake Bombardment Double Sweet Death Match: Yumehito Imanari Vs Bambi
4. I Return To Chiba’s Grace In Osaka: Minoru Fujita & Shinichiro Tominaga Vs Yasu Urano & MIYAWAKI
5. Independent World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ken Ohka (c) Vs Atsushi Maruyama
Yumehito Imanari is blaming Bambi for the failure of their tag team. Imanari likes big women and he thinks Bambi’s recent weight loss is a bad thing. So he devised an extremely dangerous version of the Sweet Death Match. This time there will be FIVE times the amount of candy used in the match!