DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TAREKATSUDON~”, 09/04/2017
Niigata City Nishikawa Multi-Purpose Hall
1. Keisuke Ishii & Makoto Oishi defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata when Oishi pinned Hirata with the Miracle Ecstasy (8:12).
2. Shuten-dōji Vs Massive Sumo Wrestling Combination ~ Lucha Libre Rules: Toru Owashi & Kazusada Higuchi defeated KUDO & Masahiro Takanashi when Higuchi submitted KUDO with the Canadian Backbreaker (9:44).
3. Daisuke Sasaki defeated Guanchulo with the Diving Elbow Drop (10:54).
4. Niigata Specialty Match! Tochio Fried Single Match: Yukio Sakaguchi defeated MAO with the Sakaguchi Cobra Clutch (8:28).
5. HARASHIMA & Soma Takao defeated Shigehiro Irie & Kouki Iwasaki when HARASHIMA pinned Iwasaki with the Somato (10:11).
6. Tag Match Where Muscle Friends Encourage Super Sasadango Machine For Medical Treatment: Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino defeated Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda (w/ Super Sasadango Machine) when Takayama pinned Honda with the Running Kneelift (9:51).
7. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie when Akito submitted Paulie with the Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock (17:12).
The card was shuffled about because of Konosuke Takeshita & Akito’s new alliance. The new team was quickly put to the test against Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie in the main event. They ended up passing with flying colours. Takeshita caught Endo from a handspring and turned it into a German Suplex. With Endo out of the ring, Akito locked Paulie in the Perfect Figure Four and made him submit. Takeshita & Akito were given a 30kb bag of rice as a prize for winning the match. Akito apologised to the fans for causing most of the card to change but he got to show that he and Takeshita are on the same wavelength as a team.
Super Sasadango Machine was eager to appear on the show since it was being held in his hometown. However he is still recovering from illness and was unable to wrestle so Danshoku Dino tried to keep him away from the ring. Sasadango became upset because he wanted to do something on the show. He was born a pro wrestler and he will die a pro wrestler. He even sold 40 tickets for the show despite not having a match on the card. Tired of Dino trying to protect him, Sasadango broke up with him so he could go be in Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda’s corner instead. He gave them advice during the match on how to fight Yoshihiro Takayama. For the last 6 months he has studied Takayama and even hired a detective to explore his private life. But all he found out was how much of a good father Takayama is to his son. So Sasadango used his contacts to delve even further and eventually got in touch with a store owner who once sold a model railroad to Takayama’s son. Somehow this person found out from the son that Takayama’s big weakness is he hates being tickled. Urano asked if Sasadango was feeling okay but Sasadango assured him he was being serious. He was right. Honda, Urano and Sasadango himself all tickled Takayama to keep him at bay. The plan only worked for a little while and soon Takayama fought all of them off and pinned Honda with the Running Kneelift. Danshoku Dino scolded Sasadango afterwards for getting physically involved in the match. Sasadango informed Dino that his doctor gave him the okay to start doing intense exercises and he can go back to wrestling pretty soon. He still needs to take expensive medicine to lower his cholesterol but he should be fit and ready to wrestle again on the 28th May Korakuen Hall show.