DDT “IBARAKI IS THE BEST 2017”, 06/05/2017
Ibaraki Tsukuba Capio
1. Toru Owashi & Hirata Collection A.T. defeated Keisuke Ishii & Masahiro Takanashi when Hirata submitted Takanashi with the Hirata Lock (7:56).
2. 3 Way Match: Mike Bailey defeated Tetsuya Endo and Makoto Oishi when Bailey pinned Oishi with a Switching Cradle (9:27).
3. Hell Gate Of The Idol Challenge: Danshoku Dino defeated Shunma Katsumata with the Gotch-Style Danshoku Driver (11:15).
4. KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Soma Takao & Kouki Iwasaki when Sakaguchi submitted Iwasaki with a Cross Armbreaker (11:12).
5. Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie defeated Antonio Honda & Shigehiro Irie when Sasaki submitted Honda with La Mistica Cross Facelock (17:04).
6. Tsukuba Specialty! Gama Oil Selling Special 3 Way Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano Vs Kazusada Higuchi & MAO when Urano pinned MAO with the Tombstone Piledriver (14:34).
Yasu Urano confirms that he will be cashing in his Right To Challenge Contract on 28th May, filling in the spot originally left for Yoshihiro Takayama before he was injured. Urano is aware that Sanshiro Takagi and Nobuhiro Shimatani could spoil his plans with their own cash ins. But the bigger threat is coming from Kazusada Higuchi. With Takayama out of action, Higuchi thinks he can take his place in the Korakuen Hall main event. Urano tried to make him reconsider by bringing up next week’s DNA show. Higuchi will be facing Mike Bailey in the main event and Bailey has beaten him before. Urano asked Higuchi over and over if he is sure he won’t lost his contract before 28th May. Higuchi is convinced he won’t lose to anyone. Urano then said that he was told by Takayama himself to cash in the title shot on 28th May. So Urano struck a deal. If Higuchi lets Urano have the 28th May title match then Higuchi can cash in his shot at the June Korakuen show. Higuchi is confident he will still have his contract by then so he agreed.
Daisuke Sasaki shoved the referee into Antonio Honda to stop him from hitting the Diving Fist Drop. He then kicked Honda below the belt and locked in La Mistica Cross Facelock. Sasaki did come up with a stipulation for his upcoming DDT Extreme Title defence against Honda but forgot it after a hard night’s drinking. He hates Honda telling his fairytales during matches so maybe it has something to do with that.
KUDO acknowledges that both Soma Takao & Kouki Iwasaki are getting stronger but not at Shuten-dōji’s level.
The match between Shunma Katsumata and Danshoku Dino broke down when Dino knocked out the referee with a Lip Lock intended for his opponent. Dino took the chance to grab the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Title belt and use it as a weapon but Katsumata stopped him with a Dropkick. The rest of NωA came in to help Katsumata and triple teamed Dino until the referee recovered. Dino took all of Katsumata’s attacks then grabbed the belt again this time to distract the referee. Katsumata went for the Swan Dive X Factor but Dino caught him with the Lip Lock. He then hit the Gotch-Style Piledriver to win the match.
Mike Bailey thinks beating Makoto Oishi is an easy task. But he still wants to fight Tetsuya Endo again.
Hirata Collection A.T. revealed the name of his invisible dog. He calls it Wan-chan which I think is the Japanese equivalent of just naming it Doggy. Hirata submitted Masahiro Takanashi for the third time in a row. Takanashi is so frustrated by this that he wants a singles match with Hirata and banish him from Japan! Takanashi has an awkward history with Italian wrestlers in DDT. If that’s not enough Takanashi also wants to prohibit all of Kazuki Hirata’s relatives from entering Japan to stop any more replacements coming in.