DDT “AUDIENCE 2017”, 28/05/2017
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
0. Dark Match: Mad Paulie Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga
1. Saki Akai & Heidi Katrina Vs Antonio Honda & Nobuhiro Shimatani
2. Toru Owashi, Hirata Collection A.T. & Hiranito Collection A.T. Vs KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi
3. Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa & Tetsuya Endo Vs Shigehiro Irie, Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki
4. Smile Squash Vs ALL OUT!: HARASHIMA & Soma Takao Vs Akito & X
5. Super Sasadango Machine Return: Sanshiro Takagi & Super Sasadango Machine Vs Minoru Suzuki & Rocky Kawamura
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO (c) Vs Danshoku Dino, Keisuke Ishii & Royce Isaacs
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Yasu Urano
*Yasu Urano will cash in his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
Royce Isaacs offered to teach Saki Akai some English phrases to help her communicate with Heidi Katrina in their upcoming tag match. Shigehiro Irie took up the offer too. As nice of a gesture it was, Isaacs added in some NSFW phrases to the lesson. Enough of it to make me wonder if he just wanted an excuse to brag about his Miracle Ass.
The main event is confirmed to be Yasu Urano cashing in his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract against Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Title. The situation is made even more dramatic because Urano’s contract with DDT will be done at the end of the month and he is moving on to be a freelance wrestler. Urano said it is his destiny to challenge for the title this way. He is not confident that he can beat Takeshita or if their match can reach the high standards of previous KO-D Title bouts but he does think it is the most exciting thing to ever happen to him. In regards to his future relationship with DDT, Urano said his next booking with the company is on 20th August for “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2017”. If he becomes the champion then he might just stay away from DDT until then so he won’t have to worry about any Right To Challenge cash ins. What is also important to realise is Takeshita himself has a Right To Challenge Contract. Losing to Urano will mean Urano gets both the KO-D Title and another RTC contract so there is a lot to keep track of going into this match.
Super Sasadango Machine is ready to complete his impossible comeback to the ring after his health scare last year. He decided to train away from the DDT Dojo because their strict coaches prevented him from rehabilitating the way he wanted to. So he went to the Ibushi Wrestling Institute to train without any restrictions. During this process, Sasadango created a brand new “Deathblow” finisher to combat Minoru Suzuki’s Gotch-Style Piledriver. He promises to outscource the move to Sanshiro Takagi for the Takagi Vs Suzuki No People Street Wrestling Match at the Tokyo Dome next week. Sasadango will pay the Institute 35% of the match earnings if Takagi beats Suzuki. However if Takagi loses then he will pay the Suzuki Pro Wrestling Laboratory the 35% instead.