DDT “KING OF DDT 2ND ROUND”, 04/06/2017
404 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Shunma Katsumata & MAO defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Hirata Collection A.T. when Katsumata pinned Hirata with the Katsumata-Style Guillotine (6:48).
2. 3 Way 6-Man Tag Match: Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Paulie defeated Soma Takao, Kouki Iwasaki & Yuki Ueno and Danshoku Dino, Toru Owashi & Antonio Honda when Sasaki submitted Honda with the Cross Facelock (11:14).
3. Kazusada Higuchi & Mike Bailey defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Diego when Bailey pinned Takeshita with the Green Tea Plunge (13:22).
*Mike Bailey wins Konosuke Takeshita’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
4. King Of DDT 2017 – Round 2: Akito defeated Masahiro Takanashi with the Scorpion Lock (5:04).
5. King Of DDT 2017 – Round 2: Tetsuya Endo defeated KUDO with The Tetsuya In The Sky With Diamonds (14:16).
6. King Of DDT 2017 – Round 2: HARASHIMA defeated Yukio Sakaguchi by TKO with a Modified Sleeper Hold (15:50).
7. King Of DDT 2017 – Round 2: Shigehiro Irie defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Beast Bomber (14:32).
A clash between former Team Drift friends headlined the King Of DDT 2nd Round. Shigehiro Irie went over Keisuke Ishii with two Beast Bombers and he survived the Kneel Kick along the way. Ishii wanted to shake Irie’s hand after the match but he got a hug instead.
HARASHIMA outwrestled Yukio Sakagachi to advance to the semi-finals. Sakaguchi cut off the Somato with a Jumping Middle Kick then applied a Sleeper Hold. HARASHIMA fought out of it and locked in a Cross Armbreaker. He changed it into a Modified Sleeper Hold and kept it tight until Sakaguchi lost consciousness. When he came to, Sakaguchi accepted the result and shook HARASHIMA’s hand.
Tetsuya In The Sky With Diamonds continues to give Tetsuya Endo victories, this time putting away KUDO. The big turn in momentum came when KUDO aimed to hit the Diving Double Knee Drop to Endo on the apron but Endo moved. KUDO kicked out of the Swan Dive Firebird Splash but Endo’s new finisher knocked him out of the tournament.
Masahiro Takanashi disguised himself in normal clothes and ambushed Akito from the crowd. When the plan didn’t beat Akito immediately, Takanashi panicked because he exhausted all of his tactics for the match! He thought on the fly and gave Akito a Low Blow followed by a roll up. However Diego was there to tell the ref that Takanashi was cheating. Akito regained positioning and trapped Takanashi in the Scorpion Lock to tap him out.
A draw was held at the end of the show to determine the semi-finals. Akito and Tetsuya Endo drew each other while HARASHIMA got Shigehiro Irie. The semi-finals and final takes place in Korakuen Hall on 25th June.
Konosuke Takeshita no longer has his backup plan. Mike Bailey pinned the KO-D Openweight Champion in a tag match to win his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract. Bailey recovered from a Dragon Suplex to catch Takeshita with a Moonsault Power Slam for the three count. Bailey asked Amon Tsurumi when the next KO-D Title match was scheduled. He was told 2nd July at Shinjuku Village Studio C 106. Bailey said he will defend the contract until that date so he can be the challenger.
Takeshita’s threats for the title didn’t end there. Naomi Yoshimura entered the ring to confront him again. He told the audience the same stories he told Takeshita a few days ago. His family fell apart, he was told to quit school by his teacher and now it turns out a girl named Mari-chan he had a crush on in school turned him down for someone else. Yoshimura blames Takeshita for breaking his family apart and stealing his first love so Yoshimura will cash in his Right To Challenge Contract when the time is right to make it memorable.