DDT “WRESTLE FEST IN MATSUYAMA 2017”, 18/06/2017
Matsuyama City Community Center – Planning Exhibition Hall
1. Keisuke Ishii, Antonio Honda & Saki Akai defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Hirata Collection A.T. when Ishii pinned Hirata with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (10:46).
2. 3 Way Match: Mad Paulie defeated Makoto Oishi and Diego when Paulie pinned Oishi with the Reverse Splash (5:37).
*Mad Paulie wins Makoto Oishi’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
3. Good Luck! Matsuyama Two Big Single Match: Danshoku Dino defeated Kouki Iwasaki with the Danshoku Driver (9:22).
*Matsuyama is now a Gay Town.
4. Shuten-dōji Vs NωA!: KUDO & Masahiro Takanashi defeated Shunma Katsumata & MAO when KUDO pinned MAO with the Diving Double Knee Drop (9:22).
5. Good Luck! Matsuyama Two Big Single Match: Kazusada Higuchi defeated Yukio Sakaguchi with a Power Bomb (9:54).
6. Wrestling If You Do It Like This Matsuyama Special Tag Match: Shigehiro Irie & Mike Bailey defeated HARASHIMA & Soma Takao when Bailey pinned Takao with the Ultima Weapon (9:25).
7. ALL OUT Vs DAMNATION!: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo when Akito submitted Endo with the Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock (16:46).
Akito sent a message loud and clear to his King Of DDT opponent Tetsuya Endo by making him submit to the Perfect Figure Four. The victory came when Akito avoided the Shooting Star Press. Afterwards he grabbed Endo in the Ankle Lock, shifted it into a Knee Crusher and then applied the Perfect Figure Four. Akito is acting humble after the result though. He thinks he is inferior to the other King Of DDT semi-finalists and has the least chance out of the four to win the tournament. But it seems that people like him can stand out in Sumo Hall. Perhaps an ALL OUT main event at Sumo Hall this August can be on the cards after all. Akito asked Konosuke Takeshita not to hate him if he becomes the next KO-D Openweight Champion because he wants to return to Matsuyama with the belt around his waist!
Hey, guess what? Naomi Yoshimura told everyone another tale of hardship in his life that is totally Takeshita’s fault. First his family fell apart, next his social life vanished and then his grandmother was arrested for shoplifting. Yoshimura was all alone. So to cheer himself up he went to his favourite restaurant to eat his favourite southern chicken barbecue meal. The food isn’t actually good but it always seemed to make him work harder when he ate it. But when he arrived he saw the restaurant had closed down. He asked the neighboring businesses what had happened and the answers made him angry. It turned out another high school student ate an oyster at the restaurant and it gave him food poisoning afterwards. The police had to close down the restaurant in order to investigate the incident. Who was the ill student? Konosuke Takeshita! Now Yoshimura can’t get his favourite southern chicken barbecue because Takeshita had to go get food poisoning from a fucking oyster! Yoshimura will use his Right To Challenge to ruin Takeshita’s life when the time is right.
The Ultima Weapon is Mike Bailey’s Shooting Star Double Knee Drop. What is it with Canadians and Final Fantasy in this company?
All hell broke loose after the Kazusada Higuchi Vs Yukio Sakaguchi match. Higuchi won the match by countering a Triangle Choke into a pinning Power Bomb. It turned out Sakaguchi was pinned because he refused to let go of the choke and kept squeezing until Higuchi fainted. When Higuchi was revived by Yukinori Matsui, Higuchi attacked Sakaguchi thinking the match was still going on. Matsui had to pull the two apart and told Higuchi he won. Both Higuchi and Sakaguchi still tried to start fighting again and had to be held back from each other. Backstage Higuchi said neither man won today. Sakaguchi was pinned but Higuchi lost consciousness. To him that is a loss. He promises next time he will absolutely beat Sakaguchi.
NωA are on shaky ground after losing to Shuten-dōji. The KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions are hoping to beat them in their upcoming title match so the unit can go into its first anniversary with the belts around their waists.
Mad Paulie dominated the 3 Way Match. He couldn’t be stopped even when his opponents Makoto Oishi and Diego formed a brief alliance against him. Paulie got Diego out of the ring, hit Oishi with a Lariat and pinned him with the Reverse Splash. Now Paulie has a Right To Challenge Contract in his possession.