DNA “FIGHTING BEER GARDEN 2017 ~DNA 35~”, 05/08/2017
1. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Round 1: Diego defeated Yuki Ueno with the VHS (6:53).
2. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Round 1: MAO defeated Shunma Katsumata with the Chile Driver (5:07).
3. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Round 1: Naomi Yoshimura defeated Dai Suzuki with a Lariat (2:39).
4. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Round 1: Mizuki Watase Vs Kouki Iwasaki ended in a Time Limit Draw (10:00).
4a. Overtime – 1 Count Fall: Mizuki Watase defeated Kouki Iwasaki with a Frankensteiner (0:31).
5. Masato Kamino Debut Match: Nobuhiro Shimatani & Daiki Shimomura defeated Rekka & Masato Kamino when Shimatani pinned Kamino with a Reverse Strike (10:56).
6. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Semi Final: MAO defeated Diego with the Cannonball 450 (7:11).
7. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Semi Final: Naomi Yoshimura defeated Mizuki Watase with the Shonenba (6:46).
8. Pro Wrestling Koshien 2017 – Final: Naomi Yoshimura defeated MAO with the Throwaway Power Bomb (14:19).
DNA prepared for its next chapter by holding the Pro Wrestling Koshien tournament. Not only that but they introduced a brand new helix looking logo too. Naomi Yoshimura powered through the tournament beating Dai Suzuki, Mizuki Watase and MAO to be crowned the winner. Yoshimura said the result was proof that he is the strongest in DNA. With Kazusada Higuchi now gone, Yoshimura will take his place as the ace. He is prepared to do what it takes to make DNA interesting.
A big mystery surrounding the tournament involved an unknown person in biker gear attacking the wrestlers. He showed up again after the Yoshimura Vs Suzuki match. But in a surprise he did not attack Suzuki like he did the first time they met. Instead he shook his hand, hugged him and helped walk him away from the ring. The biker reappeared during Yoshimura’s victory speech but was immediately and easily stopped by Rekka. The biker was unmasked and revealed to be… Dai Suzuki? Yoshimura laughed and told everyone to look forward to his fun ideas.
In non-tournament action, Masato Kamino had his debut match teaming with Rekka to take on Gran MilliMeters. Kamino appeared with a flashy entrance jacket that was rumoured to cost 100,000 yen to make. He took the pinfall loss as expected he was proud of his debut. He had been training for two and a half years for this match. It took so long because of knee injuries derailing him. But his father told he his dreams will come true if he never gives up.
DNA’s 3rd chapter will officially begin with their 7th September show in Shin-Kiba. Mike Bailey, Royce Isaacs and Tanomusaku Toba will be on the show along with Koju Takeda from Triple Six and Keisuke Okuda from IGF. Okuda is planning to become a regular wrestler for DNA. He had been watching the tournament and considered the wrestling minor league. He warned that he is coming to DNA to destroy everyone but wants everyone in DNA to use that as motivation. Do not be afraid of him, come out and fight!
Kota Umeda announced his goal is to return from injury in time for the Kumamoto show on 9th December.