DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2018 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TOKASAN~”, 16/06/2018
Hiroshima Aster Plaza Multipurpose Hall
214 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Nobuhiro Shimatani (c) defeated Yuki Iino by Kickout (5:59 pm).
*V1 for Nobuhiro Shimatani.
1. Akito & Shunma Katsumata defeated Kota Umeda & Kouki Iwasaki when Akito pinned Iwasaki with a Modified Facebuster (6:46).
2. Soma Takao defeated Makoto Oishi with the Soma-to (6:56).
3. Hiratimo Dragon & Toru Owashi defeated Yuki Ueno & Saki Akai by Disqualification when Akai unmasked Dragon (8:20).
4. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Naomi Yoshimura, Kenshin Chikano & Takeshi Okada defeated Mike Bailey, MAO & Nobuhiro Shimatani (c) when Chikano pinned Shimatani with the Buzzsaw Kick (10:10).
*Kenshin Chikano becomes the 1,318th champion.
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Kenshin Chikano (c) defeated Naomi Yoshimura by Kickout (7:49 pm).
*V1 for Kenshin Chikano.
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Takeshi Okada defeated Kenshin Chikano (c) with a School Boy (7:50 pm).
*Takeshi Okada becomes the 1,319th champion.
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Takeshi Okada (c) defeated Naomi Yoshimura by Kickout (7:50 pm).
*V1 for Takeshi Okada.
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Makoto Oishi defeated Takeshi Okada (c) with a School Boy (7:51 pm).
*Makoto Oishi becomes the 1,320th champion.
5. Local Hiroshima Born Danshoku Dieno Wants To Make A Triumphant Return As A Producer 3 Way Match: Danshoku Dieno defeated Konosuke Takeshita and Rey Paloma when Dieno pinned Takeshita with the Rope Assisted Gay-do Clutch (10:23).
6. Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Endo pinned Takanashi with the Shooting Star Press (13:03).
7. Hiroshima Specialty! Special Tag Match Without Humanity: Kazusada Higuchi & Antonio Honda defeated Shigehiro Irie & Mizuki Watase when Higuchi pinned Watase with the Doctor Bomb (13:21).
When the main event was over, Antonio Honda interviewed Kazusada Higuchi in the ring. He asked Higuchi how he feels after every win against Irie-gun. Higuchi says he always gives his full effort and wants to continue this momentum all the way to Korakuen Hall. Higuchi also thanked the fans in attendance today for cheering him on. Honda then asked Higuchi what was it like to team with Antonio Honda today? Higuchi says Honda is a wonderful person but he isn’t interested in him talking about “Gon, The Little Fox” all the time. Higuchi ended the interview by saying he will beat Shigehiro Irie for the KO-D Openweight Title at Korakuen.
DAMNATION taped HARASHIMA by his hands to the ring post so they could get a numbers advantage. The plan worked and DAMNATION got the win. They continued to attack HARASHIMA after the match and choked him with a collar.
Hiroshima natives Danshoku Dieno and Rey Paloma wanted to face Osaka’s Konosuke Takeshita in a comedy 3 Way Match. Shenanigans included each wrestler crotching themselves on the ropes and having their shorts pulled down. Takeshita was about to give Paloma the German Suplex when Dieno stopped him with a Lip Lock and trapped him in the Gay-do Clutch. Dieno held onto the ropes for leverage to get the three count. Even though Paloma didn’t win, he declared the match a victory for Hiroshima. Takeshita joined in the fun by putting on Paloma’s entrance gear then he danced with him.
As soon as Kenshin Chikano won the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title, his entire team began to squabble over the belt. The title moved to Takeshi Okada while Naomi Yoshimura failed over and over to become the champion. When Okada though he had escaped with the belt, Makoto Oishi snuck up with a Low Blow and a School Boy to steal the title from him.
Some of the DDT wrestlers are beginning to wise up to Hiratimo Dragon’s match plan. Yuki Ueno didn’t fall for his unmasking tactic. However Saki Akai did and it cost them the match. Progress is being made but it’s not a lot.
Shunma Katsumata said Kota Umeda is strong but they are not 1:1 equal.