DDT “DAY & NIGHT SAME DAY BOX OFFICE FESTIVAL IN MATSUYAMA 2018”, 17/06/2018
Matsuyama City Community Center Planning Exhibition Hall
1. Kouki Iwasaki & Yuki Ueno defeated Akito & Shunma Katsumata when Ueno pinned Katsumata with the Frog Splash (10:34).
2. Ryutaro Watanabe Debut Match: Tetsuya Endo defeated Ryutaro Watanbe with a Yurikamome (9:42).
3. 4 Way Match: MAO defeated Naomi Yoshimura, Kazusada Higuchi and Antonio Honda when MAO pinned Honda with the Cannonball 450 (10:59).
4. Shigehiro Irie & Mizuki Watase defeated Kota Umeda & Yuki Iino when Irie pinned Iino with the Beast Bomber (11:50).
5. Lucha Libre Rules: Takatimo Dragon, Hiratimo Dragon & Toru Owashi defeated Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Saki Akai by Disqualification when Takatimo was unmasked by Saki Akai (11:56).
6. Konosuke Takeshita defeated Mike Bailey with the German Suplex (13:34).
7. If You Wrestle, Do Something Like This! Matsuyama Specialty 6-Man Tag Match: HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi defeated Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao & Mad Paulie when HARASHIMA pinned Paulie with the Somato (15:39).
*HARASHIMA wins Mad Paulie’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Gauntlet.
The tide is turning in the HARASHIMA Vs DAMNATION feud and it’s given HARASHIMA a big prize in the process. He pinned Mad Paulie in the main event to win his Right To Challenge Gauntlet. HARASHIMA took Soma Takao’s version of the Somato during the match and said it works unexpectedly well. He admits it is a move he has to watch out for in the DDT Extreme Title 3 Way Match.
Almost one year on from their match for KO-D Openweight Title, Konosuke Takeshita and Mike Bailey were brought together for another round. Like last time Takeshita came out of it the winner. Takeshita said backstage that both he and Bailey have upgraded their abilities since their last match. He praised Bailey for getting used to the Japanese style and using that to improve himself.
Makoto Oishi foiled Takatimo Dragon’s unmasking technique by simply throwing the mask into the audience before Yukinori Matsui saw him with it. Takatimo then left to search for his mask Oishi and Danshoku Dieno then formed a Hell Gate tower in the corner. Hiratimo Dragon had his head shoved inbetween both of their backsides and got stuck. His mask slipped off when he was pulled out. Takatimo returned with his mask, handed it to Saki Akai and tricked Matsui into disqualifying her. After the match Takatimo asked the crowd if they wanted to see Hiratimo cash in one of his Right To Challenge Gauntlets. Hiratimo refused to do it. He said he would not be able to win after getting his head stuck between two smelly asses.
Former DDT trainee turned amateur MMA fighter Ryutaro Watanabe had his debut pro wrestling match against Tetsuya Endo. Although he didn’t win, Watanabe was pleased to finally go through with his debut. He remembers Endo from their training days. They got along back then but he thinks Endo is a different person now. Still, having Endo as your first opponent is a good starting point. Watanabe will stay where he is now but it open to wrestling more whenever shows will be held in his region.
ALL OUT’s momentum against the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions was halted when Yuki Ueno pinned Shunma Katsumata in their final preview match. Akito pointed out to Katsumata that they can’t treat Ueno like a junior like they used to in DNA. Their opponents are champions and should be treated as such. Ueno thinks that Katsumata hasn’t gained much from his Gold’s Gym workouts.
Sanshiro Takagi said that next year is the 5th year DDT will be promoting shows in Matsuyama. He promises there will be a big match on next year’s show to celebrate the milestone. The hope is to find a venue with a capacity of around 1,000 people for the show.
The “Day & Night” part of the show’s name referred to a doubleshot DDT was doing with Big Japan today. This DDT show was held in the afternoon and Big Japan held their show in the evening. There was little interaction between the two companies though. The only Big Japan presence here was Ryuichi Kawakami promoting their show during intermission.