DDT “KING OF DDT 2019 1ST ROUND”, 29/04/2019
Tokyo Itabashi Green Hall
235 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Tetsuya Endo, Mad Paulie, Nobuhiro Shimatani & Hiroshi Yamato defeated Toru Owashi, Antonio Honda, Mike Rollins & Ricky Starks when Endo submitted Starks with the Modified Yurikamome Hold (11:02).
2. Keisuke Okuda Final DDT Match: Makoto Oishi & Keisuke Okuda defeated Mizuki Watase & Yuki Iino when Okuda pinned Watase with a Right High Kick (7:57).
3. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Kazusada Higuchi defeated Kota Umeda with the Doctor Bomb (13:03).
4. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Soma Takao defeated Mike Bailey with the Reverse Gory Special Bomb (10:08).
5. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Naomi Yoshimura defeated Kazuki Hirata with the Shonenba (9:42).
6. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Daisuke Sasaki defeated Yukio Sakaguchi with a Rope Assisted Pin (11:37).
7. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Masahiro Takanashi defeated MAO with a Backslide Pin (2:15).
8. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Akito defeated HARASHIMA with a Cradle (14:26).
9. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 1: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Yuki Ueno with a Zahi (20:45).
The King Of DDT 2019 first round saw seven wrestlers advance to Round 2. However hope is not all lost for those who were defeated today. The winners all met in the ring at the end of the show to face each other. However Masahiro Takanashi went missing and was instead represented by Baliyan Akki wearing the same clothes. Daisuke Sasaki carried a long bamboo stick with him while Naomi Yoshimura put his full attention on Konosuke Takeshita. When that was happening Tetsuya Endo came out wearing a full suit and using Nobuhiro Shimatani as a stepping stool to get in and out of the ring. Endo announced he will soon choose one of the seven “little fish” that lost today to defend the KO-D Openweight Title against on 2nd June.
The King Of DDT Round 2 matches are Kazusada Higuchi Vs Masahiro Takanashi, Soma Takao Vs Akito, Naomi Yoshimura Vs Konosuke Takeshita and Daisuke Sasaki Vs the winner of the Losers Battle Royal.
Friendships don’t matter in this tournament. Takeshita proved this after his match with Yuki Ueno. He looked like he was lifting Ueno back to his feet but instead Takeshita threw him out of the ring! Ueno got back into the ring and Takeshita offered a handshake but it was kicked away. Takeshita explained backstage that he was sending a message that he is still No. 1 in DDT. This is how strong his desire is to win. He is always driven but now he should be showing he is something to be feared.
HARASHIMA is entering a bit of a slump. He lost the DDT Extreme Title yesterday and today got eliminated in the 1st Round by Akito. Although Akito is happy with the win he is not convinced that he has surpassed HARASHIMA because he only pinned him with a cradle.
Masahiro Takanashi had to be at his trickiest to beat MAO. He grabbed a chair to distract Yukinori Matsui while Baliyan Akki entered the ring to attack MAO while disguised as Takanashi. MAO later did the Spaceman Plancha but Akki took the blow instead of Takanashi. Then Shota stepped up to the ring disguised as a fan to blow a party popper in MAO’s face. Takanashi used the distraction to pin MAO with a Backslide and advance to Round 2.
More cheating happened down the card as Daisuke Sasaki low blowed Yukio Sakaguchi en route to winning his match with his feet on the ropes.
Last year Kazuki Hirata began his miracle run in the tournament by beating Naomi Yoshimura. Sadly, this year is not going to be the same. This time around Yoshimura beat Hirata to avenge what happened a year ago. A lot has changed since that match. Hirata and Yoshimura are now on the same side in DISASTER BOX for example. They agreed to let bygones be bygones for the sake of their unit.
The Reverse Gory Special Bomb has immediately become a killer move for Soma Takao. In two days he has pinned both members of The Moonlight Express with it. He has learned the move in order to win the KO-D Title from Tetsuya Endo at “WRESTLE PETER PAN 2019” in July. Today’s result was so easy for Takao he is acting like he didn’t even wrestle and he is advancing to Round 2 on a bye!
Memories of DNA were floating through the heads of Kazusada Higuchi and Kota Umeda as they fought each other. But just like back then Higuchi was the one with his arm raised at the end. He faced off with Akki at the end of the show thinking it was Takanashi. All he noticed was the guy he confronted looked more serious than drunk today.
Wait I thought yesterday was Keisuke Okuda’s farewell match. Oh well, here’s another one.