DDT “KING OF DDT 2019 2ND ROUND”, 06/05/2019
Hokkaido Sapporo Susukino Mars Gym
392 Fans – Super No Vacancy
0. Under Match: Mad Paulie defeated Mizuki Watase with the Reverse Splash (2:56).
1. King Of DDT 2019 – Loser Resurrection Battle Royal: HARASHIMA defeated Kota Umeda with the Somato (7:18).
Order Of Elimination: Mike Bailey, Yuki Ueno, Kazuki Hirata, MAO and Kota Umeda.
2. Noboribetsu City Councillor With 674 Votes In Mind (Affiliate, Newcomer) Tomoya Adachi Comes To Mars Gym!: Tomoya, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi defeated Antonio Honda, Mike Rollins & Ricky Starks when Tomoya pinned Starks with a Headstand Backslide Pin (8:50).
3. Makoto Oishi & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Hiroshi Yamato & Yuki Iino when Iwasaki pinned Iino with the Vertical Drop Brainbuster (9:37).
4. Yukio Sakaguchi & Koji Yoshida defeated Tetsuya Endo & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Yoshida pinned Shimatani with the Emerald Flowsion (8:57).
5. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 2: Kazusada Higuchi defeated Masahiro Takanashi with the Doctor Bomb (7:12).
6. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 2: Soma Takao defeated Akito with the Reverse Gory Special Bomb (9:10).
7. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 2: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Naomi Yoshimura with the Caballo 2020 (14:46).
8. King Of DDT 2019 – Round 2: HARASHIMA defeated Daisuke Sasaki with the Somato (12:59).
We are now down to four in the King Of DDT and one of them is making a miraculous comeback. HARASHIMA won the opening match Battle Royal to re-enter the tournament then in the main event defeated Daisuke Sasaki to reach the semi-finals. Konosuke Takeshita used a new version of the Camel Clutch called the Caballo 2020 to beat Naomi Yoshimura by submission. Soma Takao continues to be unbeatable when he uses the Reverse Gory Special Bomb, this time getting the win over Akito. Last but not least Kazusada Higuchi beat Masahiro Takanashi in a match where Takanashi had none of his lookalikes around to help him.
The semi-final draw was held at the end to determine who faces who at Korakuen Hall on 19th May. Takeshita and Higuchi picked the blue balls out of the box while HARASHIMA and Takao grabbed the pink ones. So we’re getting Takeshita Vs Higuchi and HARASHIMA Vs Takao!
Yukio Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Endo spent a lot of time fighting each other in their tag match. Sakaguchi put Endo in a Sleeper Hold at ringside and kept him held there while Koji Yoshida hit the Emerald Flowsion on Nobuhiro Shimatani.
Tomoya gave a speech about his recent election into the Noboribetsu City Council. He said that back in 2012 a one year old infant in his region died from abuse. Ever since then he has wanted to stop bullying and abusive behaviour which led to him running for the city council. He thanked everyone for their continued support.
After intermission Sanshiro Takagi was asked when he would like to cash in his Right To Challenge Gauntlet for a KO-D Openweight Title match. He said he is 49 years old now but will be hiring a personal trainer so he can get back into the shape he was in 10 years ago. He probably won’t cash in his Gauntlet until he reaches that goal. Suddenly MAO and Yuki Ueno interrupted the interview and dared to set up an anal explosion inside the venue. Takagi stopped them by announcing he will defend his Gauntlet in a match that will include MAO and Ueno on 19th May.
DDT’s return to Sapporo on 5th and 6th October will be part of a co-sponsored series with Big Japan.