DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2018 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TAKADORO~”, 16/09/2018
Osaka Suminoe Maiko Hall
306 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. 3 Way Tag Match: KUDO & Keisuke Ishii defeated Soma Takao & Nobuhiro Shimatani and MAO & Kazusada Higuchi when Ishii pinned Shimatani with a Running Knee Attack (8:39).
2. Antonio Honda & Makoto Oishi defeated Yuni & Yuki Iino when Honda pinned Iino with a Jackknife Pin (9:15).
3. Two Big Single Match! ~Minami~: Toru Owashi, Super Sasadango Machine & Yukinori Matsui defeated Daisuke Kiso by Disqualification (6:21).
4. Sanshiro Takagi & Hiroaki Moriya defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Takagi pinned Takanashi with the Sit Down Himawari Bomb (7:50).
5. Two Big Single Match! ~Kita~: Jun Kasai defeated Yuki Ueno with the Pearl Harbor Splash (12:12).
6. Battle In The Big Ring Of Naniwa! Osaka Specialty 6-Man Tag Match: Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated Meiko Satomura, HARASHIMA & Kazuki Hirata when Sasaki submitted Hirata with the Cross Facelock (15:36).
7. RENEGADES Vs ALL OUT!: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated Shigehiro Irie & Mizuki Watase when Takeshita pinned Watase with the Surprise Rose (16:49).
Konosuke Takeshita was motivated to have a good performance today to make up for missing the previous DDT show in Osaka because of his injury. His healed shoulder was turned into a target by RENEGADES. Both Shigehiro Irie & Mizuki Watase did what they could to try and destroy Takeshita’s shoulder. But Takeshita escaped from danger and pinned Watase with the Surprise Rose to give himself & Akito the victory. After the match Takeshita said that Osaka will always flow in his blood. He was born in Suminoe, lived there until he was three years old and lived in Osaka until he turned 18. His goal is to bring DDT to bigger buildings in Osaka!
A fight broke out after Match #6 when Daisuke Sasaki tried to steal the KO-D Openweight Title while the rest of DAMNATION blocked off Meiko Satomura. The champion got her way past them and struck Sasaki with an Elbow Smash. Sasaki gave the belt back while HARASHIMA tried to calm Satomura down.
Jun Kasai beat Yuki Ueno up a bit but the youngster earned his respect. Kasai mentioned after the match he could still see life and cockiness in Ueno’s eyes. He told Ueno they can fight again any time and he wanted to shake his hand. Ueno instead gave him both middle fingers. Kasai was left wondering what kind of education does DDT put its young wrestlers through? He also tried to sneak in a call for election votes before Hisaya Imabayashi could cut him off.
Sanshiro Takagi asked Hiroaki Moriya to get involved with the ALL DOIN match later this month. Unfortunately a scheduling conflict prevents Moriya from joining in. He promised to work with Takagi again the next time DDT comes to Suminoe.
There was no video equipment set up in the venue so Super Sasadango Machine posted today’s PowerPoint presentation to Twitter for everyone to see. Sasadango worked out that Toru Owashi has a better win-loss record as a comedy wrestler than as a serious wrestler. So Sasadango’s plan today had three steps involved. 1) Anger Owashi by encouraging the audience to boo him. 2) Have Sasadango switch places with Hisaya Imabayashi in a Sasadango disguise so he could ambush Owashi, making him even more mad. 3) Trick the angered Owashi into attacking the referee. Owashi did indeed hit Daisuke Kiso with a Lariat by accident. Yukinori Matsui came into the ring and Owashi pleaded innocence until Kiso got up and gave both of them a Headlock/Headscissors combo. Somehow, Matsui declared that was illegal and disqualified Kiso! Sasadango, Owashi and Matsui were then declared the winners.