DNA “DNA 43”, 05/04/2018
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
1. 1st Sanshiro Takagi DNA SUPER TAG TOURNAMENT – Semi-Final: Naomi Yoshimura & Akiro Jo defeated MAO & Rising HAYATO when Jo pinned HAYATO with the Cross Rhodes (7:57).
2. 1st Sanshiro Takagi DNA SUPER TAG TOURNAMENT – Semi-Final: Yuki Ueno & Koju Takeda defeated Kouki Iwasaki & Ryota Nakatsu when Ueno pinned Iwasaki with a School Boy (7:52).
3. Worldwide Match: Mike Bailey defeated Brian Aki with a Buzzsaw Kick (9:05).
4. I Met Him Here For 100 Years! Grudge Settlement! Chinese Mecancho Ultra Special Single Match: Choun-Shiryu defeated Rekka by Referee Stoppage with a Kangaroo Lock (9:42).
5. Minoru Tanaka, Mizuki Watase & Tomoya Hirata defeated Kota Umeda, Daiki Shimomura & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Watase pinned Shimatani with the Back Drop (12:48).
6. DNA Vs Naomi Kingdom: Keisuke Okuda defeated Shunma Katsumata by Referee Stoppage with the Sleeper Hold (10:15).
7. 1st Sanshiro Takagi DNA SUPER TAG TOURNAMENT – Final: Naomi Yoshimura & Akiro Jo defeated Yuki Ueno & Koju Takeda when Yoshimura pinned Ueno with the Throwaway Power Bomb (16:39).
The Naomi Kingdom duo of Naomi Yoshimura & Akiro Jo have swept through the tag tournament, first eliminating MAO & Rising HAYATO in the semi final. They then beat the young team of Yuki Ueno & Koju Takeda in the final. The winners were given a portrait of Sanshiro Takagi along with a 3,000 yen cash prize. Yoshimura was angered by getting such a pitiful prize and stomped on the portrait. He then threatened to crash the first episode of “DDT LIVE! MAJI MANJI” taking place next week.
Ueno & Takeda beat Kouki Iwasaki & Ryota Nakatsu in the other semi final when Nakatsu accidentally hit Iwasaki with a High Kick meant for Ueno.
Shunma Katsumata thought his recent hardcore wrestling experience would prepare him for anything that Keisuke Okuda would throw at him. But it wasn’t. Okuda threw Katsumata around ringside including into the front row seats. Katsumata fought his way back but a Sleeper Hold took him out of the match. Katsumata would like a rematch but fears DNA will not give it to him.
Choun-Shiryu drank from a flask so he could use drunken kung fu against Rekka. It worked so well that Rekka took out his own flask so he could use drunk kung fu too. Shiryu trapped Rekka in a Kangaroo Lock, an elevated Double Arm Trapped Crab Hold. Rekka couldn’t tap out so the referee stopped the match and declared Shiryu the winner. Shiryu said backstage that history is written by the winners and for the last 4,000 years China is the winner. The history of China in DDT begins and ends with Choun-Shiryu!
Yuki Iino announced he will return to action for DNA in June. He only wrestled in two matches for DNA before his injury so he understands if nobody remembers what he is like in the ring. He wants to make up for lost time and show what he gained during his recovery time.