May 14, 2017
DDT “SAITAMA SLAM! VOL. 20”, 14/05/2017
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
326 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Sanshiro Takagi & Hirata Collection A.T. defeated Shunma Katsumata & MAO when Hirata submitted MAO with the Hirata Lock (8:13).
2. Makoto Oishi & Saki Akai defeated Mad Paulie & Heidi Katrina when Akai pinned Katrina with the Rookie Award (7:05).
3. Danshoku Dino & Royce Isaacs Vs Toru Owashi & Shigehiro Irie ended in a No Contest (8:40).
4. Antonio Honda & Keisuke Ishii defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo when Honda pinned Sasaki with the Diving Fist Drop (14:59).
5. ALL OUT Vs DNA!: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki when Takeshita pinned Higuchi with the Surprise Rose (13:55).
*Konosuke Takeshita wins Kazusada Higuchi’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
6. Smile Squash Vs Shuten-dōji!: HARASHIMA, Soma Takao & Yasu Urano defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Urano pinned Takanashi with the Tombstone Piledriver (22:01).
Yasu Urano is picking up steam on the way to his KO-D Openweight Title shot. Today he scored the victory for Smile Squash over Shuten-dōji. But it was a bitter sweet result for Urano. This was his final match against his longtime friends and rivals as a DDT contracted wrestler. Urano was originally invited by KUDO to wrestle in DDT a decade ago and for that he will always be grateful. He is also inspired by Yukio Sakaguchi who showed him that you are never too old to try something new. Last but not least he respects Masahiro Takanashi for making up for his lack of size and power by working hard on his techniques.
The Right To Challenge Contracts took an unexpected turn when the KO-D Champion himself Konosuke Takeshita got his hands on one. Takeshita used his new Wrist Clutch Fisherman Buster to pin Kazusada Higuchi and take his gauntlet. We found out afterwards that the move is called the Surprise Rose. Akito kept asking Takeshita if he could have the RTC Contract because the champion shouldn’t need it. Takeshita kept telling him no because he knew Akito would just cash it in on him immediately. When that was settled, ALL OUT announced they will be revealing a new member of the team at the 28th May Korakuen Hall show.
Today didn’t go so well for Daisuke Sasaki. He also lost to Antonio Honda for the first time in their current series of matches. Sasaki brought in a chair after a referee bump but Honda stopped him with a Low Blow and the Scorpion Death Drop. Honda then hit the Diving Fist Drop for the finish. If that wasn’t bad enough, Sasaki also went through some women problems earlier in the show. I’ll get to that later.
The International Gay Factory’s antics were so out of control during their match with Toru Owashi & Shigehiro Irie that it ended in a No Contest. Danshoku Dino grabbed the arms of anyone from ringside from referees to wrestlers to even the GM Amon Tsurumi. Dino would grab their arms and use Royce Isaac’s Miracle Ass to break them until NωA came down to stop them. Makoto Oishi told IGF that he cannot forgive them for their actions.
Sasaki was caught red handed doing his fake translations of Heidi Katrina’s promos. After Saki Akai pinned Katrina in their tag match, Akai wanted to put an end to their feud and team up together. This time Tetsuya Koda gave the proper interpretations to Katrina and she was furious to find out Sasaki was lying to her the entire time. Sasaki kicked Koda away but the damage was done and Katrina attacked Sasaki with Akai’s help. She then accepted Akai’s offer to team up.
Masahiro Takanashi attacked Hirata Collection A.T. after the opening match. Sanshiro Takagi decided to join in by stomping his buddy because he felt like it. Takanashi demanded a singles match with Hirata at Korakuen. Amon Tsurumi decided they will get a tag team match instead. Hirata suddenly announced his partner for the match will be Daiki Shimomura’s cousin from Italy. Shimomura didn’t know he has a cousin from Italy. He was even more confused when Hirata said the cousin’s name is Hiranito Collection A.T. but whatever, he’ll go with it.
May 3, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM DEBASAKI~”, 03/05/2017
Nagoya City North Sports Center
324 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Shuten-dōji Vs T2Hide!: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Hirata Collection A.T. defeated KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Hirata submitted Takanashi with the Hirata Lock (7:40).
2. Smile Squash Vs DNA!: Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Soma Takao & Yasu Urano when Higuchi pinned Urano with the Doctor Bomb (11:59).
3. Idol And Gay Tag Match: Danshoku Dino & Royce Isaacs defeated Makoto Oishi & Shunma Katsumata when Isaacs pinned Katsumata with the Zenith (11:30).
4. Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated Antonio Honda, Mike Bailey & Keisuke Ishii when Sasaki pinned Honda with the Sasaki Hurricanrana (13:01).
5. Nagoya Specialty! Miso Cutlet Single Match: HARASHIMA defeated MAO with the Somato (15:21).
6. Nagoya Specialty! Miso Stew Special Tag Match: Yoshihiro Takayama & Shigehiro Irie defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Takayama pinned Akito with the Running Kneelift (17:39).
Yoshihiro Takayama was happy to beat ALL OUT without needing Danshoku Dino on his team today. Having Shigehiro Irie more than made up for it. Irie took out Konosuke Takeshita with the Traffic Accident Tackle so Takayama could put the boots in to Akito. Takayama said he wasn’t part of a championship team today but they still won.
MAO put up a spirited fight against HARASHIMA but couldn’t put the veteran away. He had the Somato scouted and countered the move with a Cradle but HARASHIMA kicked out. Another Cradle was blocked, leaving MAO defenceless. HARASHIMA caught him with a Buzzsaw Kick and this time hit the Somato to win. MAO is pleased with the opportunities he has been getting. In the last few months he’s had matches with HARASHIMA, KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi, Dick Togo and coming up soon TAKA Michinoku in DNA. He wants to hit the Alien Plancha perfectly on TAKA.
Daisuke Sasaki was the better man against Antonio Honda today. Even Honda admitted he wanted to give up when his first lock up with Sasaki ended in failure. The only thing that kept Honda motivated was the story of Cinderella because he had thought about it the night before. However Sasaki came out on top when he countered the Bionic Elbow with the flash Hurricanrana for the three count. Sasaki called it a perfect victory because he didn’t break a sweat. He told Honda that he will have to go extreme if he wants to win the DDT Extreme Title. None of this fairytale crap!
Royce Isaacs and his Miracle Ass are leaving a trail of broken arms in his wake. Dino had him demonstrate his power by using it to break Amon Tsurumi’s arm at the start of the show. Makoto Oishi was the next victim but two of his friends from the backstage staff volunteered to sacrifice their arms to protect him. Later in their match, Oishi tried to rescue Shunma Katsumata from suffering the same fate but Dino knocked him out with the Danshoku Driver. That left Katsumata helpless and Isaacs pinned him with the Zenith. Dino challenged NωA to a KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles Match on 28th May afterwards. Since Takayama is already in the KO-D Openweight Title Match, Dino is bringing in Keisuke Ishii to be the IGF’s third man.
With Kazuki Hirata no longer in the country, T2Hide went in search of somebody to replace him in the group. Early suggestions included Ultraman Robin and Mammoth Handa but they eventually found the perfect replacement. The new member is Hirata’s cousin from Italy, Hirata Collection A.T.! He had a successful debut match. Midway through he paused so he could put on a pair of 2007 shaped glasses and perform a catwalk strut. Masahiro Takanashi cut him off but Hirata then trapped him in the Hirata Lock for the victory. The move is just like the A.T. Lock but with added finger bending to add that little extra oomph. Takanashi was angry at losing to Hirata and threatened to find out who he really is in Toyonaka tomorrow.
April 23, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TEMPURAMANJU~”, 23/04/2017
Nagano City Arts Center
322 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Antonio Honda & Mike Bailey defeated KUDO & Saki Akai when Honda pinned Akai with the Diving Fist Drop (11:00).
2. Smile Squash Vs DNA!: HARASHIMA, Soma Takao & Yasu Urano defeated Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when HARASHIMA pinned Guanchulo with the Somato (11:07).
3. Number One In DDT Most Popular Decision Battle!: Shigehiro Irie defeated Mizuki Watase with the Beast Bomber (15:03).
4. Yoshihiro Takayama & Keisuke Ishii defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Ishii pinned Takanashi with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (13:21).
5. DDT Nagano Sales Manager, Toru Owashi Local Triumph ~ T2Hide Vs World’s Cutest Hips: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Royce Isaacs when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (13:20).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Kasadora (15:30).
Once again Tetsuya Endo had Konosuke Takeshita’s number. This time he pinned the KO-D Openweight Champion with a flash Kasadora after spending the match attacking Takeshita’s left leg. Endo continued to insult Takeshita and belittle his title run until Daisuke Sasaki of all people told him to stop. Sasaki politely apologised to Takeshita for Endo’s rude behaviour. It was only a ruse and Sasaki then joined in with the insults and charged at the champion. Takeshita knocked Sasaki down with a Lariat and had a staredown with Endo afterwards.
The International Gay Factory went into the Nagano City Arts Center with the goal of transforming it into a gay museum. With Makoto Oishi on their side today they were also going by the team name World’s Cutest Hips. The biggest defence standing against them was Kazuki Hirata and the rest of T2Hide. Hirata demanded “Tokyo GO!” to be played but it never did so Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi had to sing it a cappella again. Danshoku Dino and Royce Isaacs attacked them to stop the singing. Those four wrestlers would soon get stuck in the corner thanks to a Hell Gate gone wrong. Long story short Takagi & Owashi had their arms trapped by Isaac’s Miracle Ass. They were still able to sing though and Hirata used that to dance his way to victory over Oishi. Peace has been kept for the Arts Center thanks to Hirata!
A key discovery may have been made in the feud between Yukio Sakaguchi and Yoshihiro Takayama. Sakaguchi’s use of the Sleeper Hold seems to be effective against Takayama but he hasn’t been able to go all the way with it yet. Today Sakaguchi locked in the move but Keisuke Ishii broke it up. Ishii then turned his attention to Masahiro Takanashi and ended up pinning him. Sakaguchi said he is ready to strangle Takayama when their KO-D Tag Team Titles match finally takes place. Takayama isn’t scared. In fact he’s bored with his current situation.
Shigehiro Irie was given a gift certificate by the show’s sponsor for winning his match against Mizuki Watase. He declined a handshake from Watase after the match but it was so he could hug him instead.
April 22, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TOGETSUKYO~”, 22/04/2017
Kyoto KBS Hall
366 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Soma Takao defeated Makoto Oishi with the Endless Waltz (9:45).
2. 3 Way Match: Keisuke Ishii defeated KUDO and Shunma Katsumata when Ishii pinned Katsumata with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (8:47).
3. Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Shigehiro Irie & Mike Bailey when Hirata pinned Irie with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (11:30).
*Kazuki Hirata wins Shigehiro Irie’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
4. Yoshihiro Takayama, Danshoku Dino & Royce Isaacs defeated Toru Owashi, Kazusada Higuchi & Antonio Honda when Takayama pinned Honda with an Armbar (15:10).
5. Saki Akai, The Second Local Triumph! Kyoto Specialty 6-Man Tag Match: Yukio Sakaguchi, Masahiro Takanashi & Saki Akai defeated HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Syoko Nakajima when Akai pinned Nakajima with the Rookie Award (14:13).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Shooting Star Press (17:11).
Tetsuya Endo’s Shooting Star Press was at its most effective yet when he used the move to pin Konosuke Takeshita. Endo recently adopted the move as his new finisher and showed everyone that it is strong enough to beat the KO-D Openweight Champion. Endo called Takeshita a miserable champions and then said he will easily win the belt from him at Korakuen Hall next week.
Saki Akai got to enjoy her homecoming match with Shuten-dōji. When she won the match she told the audience she never thought she would return to Kyoto as a pro wrestler but she was very happy to win the match with her “older brothers”. The entire team then celebrated in the ring with some sake, the first glass of many for the rest of the night.
Danshoku Dino is putting together a new group called the International Gay Factory, or IGF for short. Royce Isaacs and his Miracle Ass is Dino’s first signing. Isaacs demonstrated his Miracle Ass by using it to split apart a pair of chopsticks before the match began. When they won their match Dino told everyone that the legend of Isaacs began today in Kyoto. It will help Dino accomplish his plans for IGF.
Kazuki Hirata surprised everyone by pinning Shigehiro Irie to win his Right To Challenge Contract. The result came when everyone in the match danced then Irie tried to interrupt it with the Beast Bomber. Hirata ducked the Bomber and rolled up Irie with the One Shot Miracle Cradle for the three count. When Hirata got over the shock of winning he realised that by holding this contract, he cannot be banished from Japan if T2Hide lose to NωA next week! Hirata promises not only to hold on to the contract but also win the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles. Then he can move on to becoming a singles champion when he cashes in!