DDT “D-OU GRAND PRIX 2020 IN KIMITSU ~ KIMI NO WA PRO WRESTLING FESTA”, 01/12/2019
Chiba Kimitsu Civic Gymnasium
1. Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata & Yuki Ueno defeated Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Mizuki Watase when Hirata pinned Watase with the Egoist Driver (11:18).
2. Battle Royal: Chris Brookes defeated Antonio Honda with the Octopus Stretch (11:43).
Order Of Elimination: Andromenda KEN, Naoshi Sano, Yukio Naya, Hyper Brave G-Valion, Akito, Antonio Honda.
3. Soma Takao & Mad Paulie defeated Naomi Yoshimura & Keigo Nakamura when Takao pinned Nakamura with a Sliding Elbow Butt (11:30).
4. D-Ou Grand Prix 2020 – A Block: Yuki Iino (2) defeated Tetsuya Endo (1) with the Spear (12:18).
5. D-Ou Grand Prix 2020 – B Block: Masato Tanaka (6) defeated Bull James (2) with the Sliding D (7:46).
6. D-Ou Grand Prix 2020 – B Block: Daisuke Sasaki (2) defeated Yukio Sakaguchi (2) with a Cradle (2:24).
7. HARASHIMA, Minoru Tanaka & Hiroshi Yamato defeated Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Jiro Kuroshio when Yamato pinned Katsumata with a Northern Lights Bomb (23:15).
1. Chihiro Hashimoto (4)
2. Keisuke Ishii (2)
-. Yuki Ueno (2)
-. Konosuke Takeshita (2)
-. Yuki Iino (2)
6. Tetsuya Endo (1)
-. Chris Brookes (1)
1. Masato Tanaka (6)
2. HARASHIMA (2)
-. Soma Takao (2)
-. Bull James (2)
-. Daisuke Sasaki (2)
-. Yukio Sakaguchi (2)
7. Naomi Yoshimura (0)
Three of the seven shows in the D-Ou Grand Prix group stage are now completed. But the headline match was all about the hometown hero Hiroshi Yamato. Everyone in the match did the X pose with their arms to mimic Yamato’s Sliding X move. Minoru Tanaka did the move into Shunma Katsumata’s crotch in the corner. Jiro Kuroshio did an X shaped Double Axe Handle to Yamato. HARASHIMA came in on a hot tag until Konosuke Takeshita stopped him with a Blue Thunder Bomb. The match came down to Yamato and Katsumata. Yamato hit the Sliding X, a Spider German Suplex, a German Suplex and a Lariat. After all of that Yamato was able to pin Katsumata with a Northern Lights Bomb at the end. Yamato talked about his 10th Anniversary show from two years ago. He couldn’t wrestle on it because he was injured at the time. Today he was able to wrestle in his hometown thanks to the local fanbase and also the DDT wrestlers that he considers his seniors. He would like to continue exciting the different regions DDT holds shows in.
In the Grand Prix, Yukio Sakaguchi’s match today was even quicker than yesterday’s. However this time he came out on the loser’s end. Daisuke Sasaki played dirty by hiding behind the referee, having Mad Paulie grab Sakaguchi’s foot and kicking Sakaguchi below the belt to roll him up for the three count. Sakaguchi cursed the result because Sasaki beat him the same way back in the King Of DDT tournament earlier this year.
The undefeated Masato Tanaka is now speeding ahead of everyone else in the B Block. His victory over Bull James means he is currently two wins ahead of his closest rivals. Tanaka couldn’t match the strength of James so he tried to attack him with chairs around ringside. James withstood the attack and brought him back into the ring, taking control when Tanaka could not Body Slam him. James kicked out of the Super Fly but missed a Hip Drop. That left him vulnerable for the Sliding D, handing Tanaka the win. James felt it was an an honour to wrestle Tanaka. He said Tanaka fought for the ECW World Heavyweight Title 20 years ago and he still has that same strength 20 years later.
Yuki Iino gets his first win in a big way, hitting two Spears to put Tetsuya Endo away. Does this mean Iino has become stronger? If you ask Endo he would say no. Instead Endo believes it is he who is getting weaker. Iino’s next group match is against Chris Brookes. He does not want to fight him for 30 minutes like Endo did.
Brookes received a 30kg bag of rice for winning the Battle Royal.