March 25, 2017
DDT “AFTER THE SSA & ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~STARTING OVER IN YOKOHAMA~”, 25/03/2017
Yokohama Radiant Hall
310 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Lucha Libre Rules: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Keisuke Ishii & Kouki Iwasaki when Hirata pinned Nobuhiro Shimatani with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (10:16).
2. Yasu Urano defeated Mad Paulie by Disqualification when Paulie attacked the referee (4:53).
3. Soma Takao defeated Masahiro Takanashi with the Gin And Tonic (9:48).
4. HARASHIMA & Akito defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Guanchulo when Akito pinned Guanchulo with the Hanamasa (11:25).
5. Shuten-dōji Vs New No Fear: Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino defeated KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi when Dino pinned Sakaguchi with the Gaydo Clutch (10:18).
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – New ωrestling Aidoru Vs New Wrestling America: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO (c) defeated Shigehiro Irie, Mike Bailey & Joey Ryan when Oishi pinned Ryan with the Jikiden Tornado Clutch (10:22).
*V1 for NωA.
7. Road To KO-D! Yokohama Family Special Tag Match: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Antonio Honda when Endo pinned Honda with the Sky Twister Press (18:34).
There was a lot of surprising announcements coming out of the show. First and foremost is the end of Happy Motels! After losing to DAMNATION in the main event, Konosuke Takeshita and Antonio Honda were then attacked by Mad Paulie who is now sporting red facepaint. When DAMNATION left, Honda took the microphone and sadly asked if now was the time to disband Happy Motels. It was an idea he’s been thinking about since “JUDGEMENT 2017”. When Honda saw Takeshita use the Bionic Elbow en route to winning the KO-D Openweight Title, Honda felt something he had never experienced before and cried from the bottom of his heart. He thinks now that Takeshita is the champion it is time for both of them to move on. Takeshita doesn’t want the group to split but Honda convinced him it’s the right choice. Takeshita accepted it but asked that they bring in Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi for the group’s final match on 1st April.
New Wrestling America came out to “It’s A Small World” for their KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles match. They then sat in the audience to watch NωA perform their entrance. A missed Super Kick from Joey Ryan hit Shigehiro Irie by accident and Makoto Oishi rolled Ryan over with the Tornado Clutch for the victory. NωA celebrated with an announcement that they will debut a new song on 29th April.
Yukio Sakaguchi had Danshoku Dino beaten with a High Kick but the referee was unconscious thanks to an earlier Lip Lock from Dino. With the ref down, Yoshihiro Takayama attacked Sakaguchi and helped Dino pin Sakaguchi with the Gaydo Clutch when the ref recovered. Sakaguchi was furious with the result.
Akito dropped a bombshell after Smile Squash won their matches for the day. Akito is leaving the group! He apologised for the sudden decision and Akito stressed that there was nothing negative happening in the unit that caused him to make this decision. He is leaving because he felt he was too comfortable in his current position and that sense of security is affecting his wrestling. He would rather take the risk and shake things up if it means he can get better. Yasu Urano was shocked by the news but left it up to the other members to decide. HARASHIMA respected Akito’s reasoning and allowed him to leave. Urano didn’t like the answer but Soma Takao agreed with them. Takao pointed out that when Team Drift broke up he was worried about his future but he used that fear as motivation and it led him to winning the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title. And with that, Akito left Smile Squash.
During the week Daisuke Sasaki asked any potential challengers for the DDT Extreme Title to send him a postcard explaining why they deserve a title match. He received five postcards, some sent in by civilians, but he rejected all of them. Amon Tsurumi then approached Sasaki with another postcard that was sent to the address of DDT’s old office. It was sent in by a Mr. Shigeki Sato from Odate. The crowd cheered because they knew who that was. It’s Dick Togo! Sasaki accepted Togo’s challenge and will defend the belt at DAMNATION’s self produced show in Shinjuku on 14th April.
March 5, 2017
DDT “DRAMATIC 2017 MARCH SPECIAL ~ROAD TO SUPER ARENA~”, 05/03/2017
Tokyo Asakusabashi Hulic Hall
405 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Makoto Oishi & Shunma Katsumata defeated Kouki Iwasaki & Guanchulo when Oishi pinned Guanchulo with the Miracle Ecstasy (7:30).
2. Akito & Yasu Urano defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Mizuki Watase when Akito pined Watase with the Hanamasa (9:55).
3. KUDO defeated MAO with the Diving Double Knee Drop (8:33).
4. Yoshihiro Takayama, Danshoku Dino & Keisuke Ishii defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when Takayama pinned Hirata with the Running Knee Lift (7:48).
5. DAMNATION Vs FREEDOMS!: Jun Kasai & GENTARO defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie when GENTARO pinned Paulie with a School Boy (13:55).
6. Shuten-dōji Vs DAMNATION!: Shuji Ishikawa & Tetsuya Endo defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Ishikawa pinned Sakaguchi with the Splash Mountain (10:08).
7. ROAD TO SSA MAIN EVENT Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Soma Takao Vs Konosuke Takeshita & Antonio Honda ended in a Time Limit Draw (30:00).
DDT’s go home show for “JUDGEMENT 2017” ended with a 30 minute draw in the main event. HARASHIMA and Konosuke Takeshita fought hard in the final minutes and the bell rang as Takeshita attempted to do the German Suplex. When the two calmed down Takeshita pleaded with HARASHIMA to be the strongest he has ever been when they wrestle in the Saitama Super Arena. Takeshita wants nothing more than to win the KO-D Openweight Title by beating HARASHIMA at his absolute best. HARASHIMA questioned Takeshita’s implication that he was the stronger wrestler today. He assured his challenger that he trains to become stronger everyday and he will be at his strongest in Saitama. Amon Tsurumi ended the show by hyping up the title match as the two wrestlers stared each other down as they shook hands.
Size was the difference maker between Shuji Ishikawa and Yukio Sakaguchi and Sakaguchi found that out the hard way. He had to piggyback onto Ishikawa to apply a Sleeper Hold but that was countered into the Fire Thunder Driver. One Splash Mountain later and that was it. Ishikawa told Sakaguchi that he would kill him here but he’s tired. So Sakaguchi and Masakatsu Funaki better be prepared for DAMNATION in Saitama.
Daisuke Sasaki stole Jun Kasai’s goggles during their tag match and wore them to mimic the Pearl Harbour Splash. In return Kasai stole Sasaki’s leather jacket, leading to a duel of chairs between the two. The two were separated to prevent more fighting and Kasai left with the jacket still in his possession. Another brawl took place and both wrestlers got their items back when they were pulled apart.
Things have been rough for Team DNA lately. The KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions have been losing their preparation matches against their upcoming opponents and today was no different. Over in the Smile Squash camp Yasu Urano isn’t certain over his team’s chances despite being victorious today. Their teamwork has been good since Soma Takao joined but Urano thinks their recent wins come more from their individual strength rather than teamwork. Elsewhere Makoto Oishi thinks NωA have the best chances of winning the belts in Saitama. He says they are all in perfect condition and are the most familiar with their own weaknesses.
Poison Sawada JULIE has been added to the Dramatic Rumble. He is coming out of retirement for the special occasion.
January 8, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO SUPER ARENA IN NAGOYA ~DRAMATIC DREAM TENMUSU~”, 08/01/2017
Nagoya Chikusa Sports Center
291 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & Ultraman Robin defeated Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata when Oishi pinned Hirata with the Jikiden Tornado Clutch (7:07).
2. Daisuke Sasaki & Mad Paulie defeated Shinya Ishida & Rekka when Sasaki submitted Rekka with the Cross Facelock (11:17).
3. Keisuke Ishii, Kazusada Higuchi & Yoshihiko defeated Antonio Honda, Guanchulo & Candice LeRae when Yoshihiko pinned Honda with a Back Drop (9:54).
4. 3 Way Tag Match: Akito & Yasu Urano defeated Mike Bailey & Kouki Iwasaki and Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Akito submitted Sakaguchi with a Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock (11:19).
5. Shigehiro Irie, Konosuke Takeshita & Kengo Takai defeated HARASHIMA, Yoshihiro Takayama & Soma Takao when Irie pinned Takao with the Beast Bomber (14:47).
6. KO-D Openweight Title Challenger Decision Tournament – Round 1: KUDO defeated Tetsuya Endo with Three Backspin Kicks (24:00).
KUDO joins Konosuke Takeshita in the final of the KO-D Openweight Title contender tournament. Tetsuya Endo’s chance of beating him was ruined by his surroundings. The ceiling was so low that he hesitated to do the Sky Twister Press from the top rope. That allowed KUDO to recover and trip Endo into a Tree Of Woe position. KUDO hit the Diving Double Knee Drop and then hit another one to the back of Endo’s head when he stood up. KUDO then hit three Backspin Kicks for the victory. Takeshita approached KUDO after the match and offered a handshake. KUDO rejected it by knocking Takeshita’s hand away with his knee.
Today was Shigehiro Irie’s final match in Japan before his next tour of North America. Irie spoke to everyone involved in his match after it ended. He told Soma Takao he still likes him even though they drifted apart after Team Dream Futures split up. Irie was also happy to wrestle with his teacher Kengo Takai again. He wants to repay Takai by growing into a bigger wrestler overseas and returning to DDT better than ever.
Akito scored a huge accomplishment in the 3 Way Tag match by being the first person to submit Yukio Sakaguchi in DDT! He put Sakaguchi in a Figure Four Leg Lock, then grabbed Sakaguchi’s arms and pulled them towards him to apply a “perfect” version of the hold until Sakaguchi submitted. Sakaguchi was furious afterwards and swore revenge. He will never forgive Akito for this and will destroy him as payback!
Candince LeRae said wrestling Yoshihiko felt like a dream. Not as in it was a dream come true, more like she isn’t sure it really happened. She was told beforehand that Yoshihiko is a legend around these parts but she thought a joke was being played on her. For one thing she doesn’t know if Yoshihiko is male or female.
MAO was unavailable so Sanshiro Takagi went ahead and found a temporary replacement and possible new member for NωA. Their music played and out came Ultraman Robin wearing MAO’s entrance gear and badly singing along. Makoto Oishi was insulted but had no choice but to team with Robin when T2Hide attacked them to start the match. Robin got rid of Takagi & Toru Owashi, allowing Oishi to pin Kazuki Hirata with the Tornado Clutch. Despite his good performance, he wasn’t accepted into NωA. Oishi and Shunma Katsumata instead flipped him off and left the ring.
October 29, 2016
DDT “TOKYO RAMEN SHOW 2016 WRESTLING”, 28/10/2016
Tokyo Komazawa Olympic Park
1. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Match: Miyu Yamashita & Rika Tatsumi defeated Syoko Nakajima & Maho Kurone when Tatsumi submitted Kurone with the Dragon Sleeper (9:50).
2. NωA Vs DDT Ramen & Ebisuko Allies: Makoto Oishi & MAO defeated Akito & Gota Ihashi when MAO pinned Ihashi with the Never Give Up☆Guillotine Drop (10:01).
Bad weather did little to dampen NωA’s excitement for this outdoor show. They performed their second single “Going My Way!!! ~You Are Not Alone~” to a live audience for the first time. Shunma Katsumata wrote the lyrics, MAO composed the music and Makoto Oishi planned the choreography. When the performance was over Oishi & MAO took part in a Falls Count Anywhere match against Akito & Gota Ihashi. Before the match began Ihashi asked Oishi why was he acting like an idol when he is old enough to be MAO’s uncle? He then made up some new lyrics making fun of NωA. That sparked a fight that went into the crowd before returning to the mat area. MAO hit his leap frog Never Give Up☆Guillotine Drop on Ihashi for the three count. NωA ended the show with an encore of “Going My Way!!! ~You Are Not Alone~”.
A day before Rika Tatsumi challenges for the TOKYO Princess Of Princess Title she scored a submission victory over the scary rookie Maho Kurone. Tatsumi appealed to the crowd to come see her win Tokyo Joshi Pro’s championship in Yokohama tomorrow.