“NEW YEAR’S EVE WRESTLING – YEAR END DRINKING PARTY!”, 31/12/2015
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,424 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Sanshiro Takagi & Takayuki Ueki (w/ Bed Inn) defeated Great Kojika & Tetsuya Endo when Takagi pinned Endo with La Magistral Cradle (8:57).
2. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei defeated Kaji Tomato & Kazuki Hirata when Shu pinned Hirata and Kei pinned Tomato with Double School Boys (8:57).
3. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Yoshihisa Uto when HARASHIMA pinned Uto with the Somato (8:31).
4. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Jaki Numazawa & Antonio Honda Vs Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi ended in a Time Limit Draw (10:00).
4a. Overtime – One Count Fall: Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi defeated Jaki Numazawa & Antonio Honda when Oishi pinned Honda after the Cactus Flower (1:56).
5. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Yuji Okabayashi & Danshoku Dino defeated Tank Nagai & Abdullah Kobayashi when Dino pinned Kobayashi after a Horizontal Chop from Okabayashi (7:40).
6. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita Vs Shigehiro Irie & Hideyoshi Kamitani ended in a Time Limit Draw (10:00).
6a. Overtime – One Count Fall: Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita defeated Shigehiro Irie & Hideyoshi Kamitani when Sekimoto pinned Kamitani with the German Suplex (1:59).
7. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Ryuji Ito & Ryuichi Sekine defeated TAKA Michinoku & Kazumi Kikuta when Sekine pinned Kikuta with the Ryusetsu (4:06).
8. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 1: Kengo Mashimo & Isami Kodaka defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Kazuki Hashimoto when Mashimo pinned Hashimoto with the Vertical Drop Brainbuster (9:13).
9. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 2: Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Takayuki Ueki (w/ Bed Inn) when Shu pinned Ueki with the Zombie King (6:40).
10. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 2: HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto defeated Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi when Miyamoto pinned Oishi after the Somato from HARASHIMA (2:35).
11. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 2: Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita defeated Yuji Okabayashi & Danshoku Dino when Takeshita pinned Dino with the German Suplex (10:35).
12. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Round 2: Kengo Mashimo & Isami Kodaka defeated Ryuji Ito & Ryuichi Sekine when Kodaka pinned Sekine with a European Clutch (6:55).
13. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Semi Final: HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto defeated Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei when Miyamoto pinned Kei after the Somato from HARASHIMA (9:20).
14. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Semi Final: Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita defeated Kengo Mashimo & Isami Kodaka when Takeshita pinned Kodaka with the German Suplex (13:39).
*Happy New Year!
15. Three Organisation Shuffle Tag Tournament – Final: Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita defeated HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto when Sekimoto pinned Miyamoto with the German Suplex (17:48).
The indie wrestling scene in Japan got together on New Year’s Eve as they always do to celebrate the end of 2015 with a big tag team tournament. While there were a few regular teams involved most were mixed between wrestlers from different organisations.
The opening match was all about the Bed Inn Girls. They were brought in by Sanshiro Takagi & Takayuki Ueki to support them throughout the tournament and also provide some sleazy entertainment in the process. The Great Kojika wasn’t impressed and he called them old hags. Tetsuya Endo however became excited when they stripped down to their swimsuits. The distraction cost him the match when he missed the Sky Twister Press and Takagi then pinned him with La Magistral Cradle. When asked about the Bed Inn Girls, Kojika said there were more attractive women in the audience. Endo admitted he now learned what his weakness is.
The Brahman Brothers did what they could to stop Kazuki Hirata & Kaji Tomato from dancing because they hate their dance music. They broke the Hirata GO! glasses but replacements were quickly found. Karate Brahman interfered in the match wearing panties and fishnet stockings but he wound up dancing with Hirata & Tomato. The Brahmans then soaked their opponents with water and went on to win the match.
The DDT site called Kazusada Higuchi & Yoshihisa Uto the Rookie Steroid Duo. HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto were called Yankee Smile. Higuchi was strong enough to handle himself but Uto was overwhelmed and pinned after the Swivel Fire Thunder followed by the Somato. The rookies said they were frustrated by the loss. They would both like to face each other at some point in 2016.
Jaki Numazawa fainted after Match #4 ended in a Time Limit Draw forcing Antonio Honda to start overtime on his own. Numazawa returned as Robocop but could not make a difference. Honda fell to the Cactus Flower and they were eliminated. Honda explained the Robocop plan. Who would win a fight between Robocop and a pro wrestler? Robocop of course! Works in theory but not in practice.
Danshoku Dino introduced himself & Yuji Okabayashi as a team of homos. Okabayashi kept denying the claims. When Dino gave Abdullah Kobayashi the Lip Lock it awakened Kobayashi’s Danshoku powers. They both applied the Lip Lock on Tank Nagai then encouraged Okabayashi to do the same. Okabayashi refused and knocked out both of them. Dino fell on top of Kobayashi so it counted as a pin. Nagai’s new wife Mio Shirai wasn’t happy to learn that his face was shoved up Dino’s backside. She’s not going to kiss him after that!
Hideyoshi Kamitani showed some fire by stepping up to Konosuke Takeshita and the two were scrambling for the pin in the dying seconds of the match. When overtime took place Kamitani kicked out of a Brianbuster from Takeshita but fell to the same move from Daisuke Sekimoto. The Deadlift German Suplex sealed the deal. Shigehiro Irie was left to rue being eliminated from the first round for the second year in a row.
Match #7 was a sprint that lasted just over 4 minutes. It was the quickest match in Round 1. Kazumi Kikuta almost scored the victory with a Fisherman Suplex on Ryuichi Sekine while TAKA Michinoku had Ryuji Ito in the Just Face Lock. However the tables turned and Ito held TAKA back while Sekine put Kikuta away with the Ryusetsu.
The final match of Round 1 saw Isami Kodaka and Kengo Mashimo struggling to gel as a team. From the moment they entered the ring they were uneasy about teaming together. Some attempts at team work were blown when Kodaka accidentaly kicked Mashimo in the head. The only reason they were able to beat Yukio Sakaguchi & Kazuki Hashimoto was their intense desire to one-up each other and not be the person who took the loss. Sakaguchi took out Kodaka with a Right Knee but Mashimo got the fall on Hashimoto with the Vertical Drop Brainbuster. Mashimo & Kodaka scuffled with each other as they left ringside after the match.
Round 2 began with a messy match between Takagi & Ueki against the Brahman Brothers. The Bed Inn Girls teased Karate Brahman with feathers, a strap and a banana. In his excitement he squeezed a bottle until mysterious liquid squirted out. The Brahmans put a stop to the lewd exhibition by spitting black ink in the faces of the Bed Inn Girls. Ueki became angry and pulled out his gun but he was then crotched onto the top rope and pinned with the Zombie King.
HARASHIMA wore similar Yankee gear as Miyamoto for their second round match. Makoto Oishi had Miyamoto pinned with the Cactus Flower but HARASHIMA cut him off with the Somato. Miyamoto got the three count afterwards. After the match Oishi said he never saw HARASHIMA coming.
Okabayashi was announced as “Not a homo” when he and Dino entered the ring to face Sekimoto & Takeshita. Dino kept encouraging Okabayashi to awaken his Danshoku side. Okabayashi got so angry he abandoned Dino and left the match. Later when Dino was overwhelmed by the 2-on-1 disadvantage “Thrill” suddenly played over the speakers. Out came Danshoku Okabayashi! He and Dino double teamed Sekimoto & Takeshita with stereo Danshoku Nightmares. Okabayashi then tried to give Sekimoto the Lip Lock but it was blocked. Sekimoto then gave Dino an Atomic Drop and Takeshita hit a Lariat followed by his own Deadlift German Suplex to advance to the next round. Okabayashi finally got Sekimoto with the Lip Lock after the match and chased him away from ringside.
The dodgy teamwork continued for Kodaka & Mashimo. Kodaka once again accidentaly kicked Mashimo in the head during a blown double team spot. Kodaka was able to save their tournament hopes by pinning Sekine with the European Clutch but after the match Mashimo gave his partner a German Suplex.
When Round 2 was completed Samurai! TV and Indie No Oshigoto presented the Japan Indie Awards 2015. The Newcomer Award went to Kazusada Higuchi from DDT, the Best Box Office Award went to Big Japan for their 20th July Sumo Hall show, Best Unit went to #OhkaEmpire and Best Bout was given to Sekimoto Vs Okabayashi from BJW 7/20. Finally the MVP Award was given to Okabayashi.
For the semi finals HARASHIMA & Miyamoto had another costume change. This time Miyamoto was dressed to look more like HARASHIMA. The Brahmans fought clean at the start but soon brought out their usual collection of foreign objects. However Yankee Smile were prepared and used some of the Brahmans’ own spots against them. They blinded the Brahmans with their own black ink and hit their finishers to advance to the final.
The clock struck midnight during the second semi-final. Kodaka celebrated by immediately hitting a Tope Suicida. He and Mashimo were finally able to team together with few problems but it wasn’t enough to beat Sekimoto & Takeshita. In a big statement Takeshita pinned Kodaka just days away from their KO-D Openweight Title match. Mashimo was quick to part ways with Kodaka afterwards, only giving a “No comment” in their post-match interview.
So the final in the early hours of the morning was HARASHIMA & Yuko Miyamoto Vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Konosuke Takeshita. HARASHIMA wished everyone a “Happy New Year” before hitting a Diving Kung Fu Kick. Takeshita showed his own strength by doing Sekimoto’s Double German Suplex on Sekimoto and HARASHIMA. Miyamoto almost snuck by with the win when he countered Sekimoto’s Deadlift German into a Cradle for a nearfall. But Sekimoto hit the German Suplex on the second attempt while Takeshita wiped out HARASHIMA with the Touchdown onto the apron to end the match. Sekimoto thanked the fans for staying with them throughout the night. Takeshita said it was a special feeling getting to team with Sekimoto. Miyamoto joined in when HARASHIMA did his “Because We Practice!” catchphrase. The show ended with everyone in the tournament getting together inside the ring for the group photo.