DDT “DRAMATIC DREAMS! VOL. 4 ~NEVER COME~”, 16/07/2017
Osaka Edion Arena #2
829 Fans – Super No Vacancy
1. Battle Royal – Winner Becomes GM For One Day: Saki Akai defeated Hirata Collection A.T. and Joey Ryan by Ring Out (10:12).
Order Of Elimination: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi, Kengo Takai, Shoichi Uchida, Kouki Iwasaki, Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi, Hirata Collection A.T. and Joey Ryan.
2. Shuten-dōji Vs DNA OSAKA: KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura when KUDO pinned Ueno with the Diving Double Knee Drop (9:13).
3. Yuni’s Enclosing Network: Makoto Oishi, Jun Kasai & Yuni defeated Danshoku Dino, Super Sasadango Machine & Atsushi Maruyama when Yuni pinned Sasadango with the 2nd Rope Sky Twister Press (7:12).
4. Ikemen Master Combination Vs ALL OUT: Keisuke Ishii & Kaz Hayashi defeated Akito & Diego when Ishii pinned Diego with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (8:46).
5. Craftsman – Special Single Match: HUB defeated Masahiro Takanashi with the Poisonous Wavecloth Bomber (10:53).
6. I Am Coming From A Distant Place, I Cannot Wait Again – Special 3 Way Match: Antonio Honda defeated Kikutaro and Kuishinbo Kamen when Honda submitted Kikutaro with a Crab Hold (14:50).
7. Wrestling Hunters Vs DAMNATION ~ Special 6-Man Tag Match: Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated HARASHIMA, Dick Togo & Mike Bailey when Sasaki submitted Bailey with La Mistica Cross Facelock (17:23).
8. Triple Crown Giant Vs DNA-gun ~ Super Heavy Special Single Match: Shuji Ishikawa defeated Kazusada Higuchi with the Splash Mountain (13:37).
9. Osaka Wrestling School Vs Kishiwada Gurentai – Challenge to Yukinobu ~ Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Shigehiro Irie defeated “Big Boss” MA-G-MA & Black Buffalo when Takeshita pinned Buffalo with the Cross-Arm German Suplex (25:22).
DDT’s tribute to Osaka wrestling was headlined by their two top wrestlers from the region taking on two legendary figures. When Konosuke Takeshita & Shigehiro Irie got a match against Magnitude Kishiwada and Buffalo they wanted them in their original Osaka Pro forms, “Big Boss” MA-G-MA & Black Buffalo. They got their wish and their opponents made it clear they weren’t going to play nice. MA-G-MA & Buffalo attacked the DDT team the moment the bell rang. MA-G-MA put Takeshita through a table outside the ring with a Diving Body Press. However the tables turned when MA-G-MA accidentally Clotheslined Buffalo. Irie flattened Buffalo with a Running Cannonball into the corner. MA-G-MA did what he could to save Buffalo but soon ran out of chances. Takeshita then hit the Cross-Arm German Suplex to seal the victory.
Before the Osaka team left, MA-G-MA appealed to Takeshita for a singles match some day down the line. Takeshita and Irie showed admiration for their opponents and said it is now their own era of pro wrestling. When Takeshita was finished, Naomi Yoshimura came down to the ring to grab his attention. He said Takeshita forgot about someone. Yoshimura then went back to the entrance and brought out Takeshita’s mother, Keiko Takeshita! Yoshimura said he was stealing Keiko so her son won’t be able to eat any meals when he comes home. Keiko didn’t seem to mind because she was busy waving to the audience as they were chanting her name. Takeshita was annoyed but he can still protect his KO-D Openweight Title so please continue to support him. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi closed out the show by singing “A Woman Born Is Osaka”.
Big men doing big moves was the theme of the other main event. Kazusada Higuchi stepped up to Shuji Ishikawa and wasn’t intimidated by the Triple Crown Champion. Back Drops, Lariats and even the Doctor Bomb could not win the match for Higuchi. Instead Ishikawa cut him off with a Knee Lift, a Sliding D, the Fire Thunder and then the Splash Mountain to finish it.
Dick Togo and Mad Paulie continued to fight each other at the end of the Wrestling Hunters Vs DAMNATION match. The rest of DAMNATION had to pull Paulie away from Togo. Save that energy for the Paulie Joshi, buddy.
Antonio Honda had the opportunity to join in with Kikutaro and Kuishinbo Kamen’s famous wrestling exchanges but was struck with anxiety. He was up all of last night thinking of “Gon, The Little Fox” as usual. This annoyed his opponents so they decided to fight Honda two on one with some nonsense along the way. Kikutaro tired himself out and Honda easily submitted him with a Crab Hold to win. Honda thanked both of his opponents for the match. Kikutaro said he would like to do it again whenever the cost of his flights from and to Nevada are cheap.
In a moment of true villainy, Super Sasadango Machine rummaged through Yuni’s carry case before their trios match. Inside he found the kid’s fidget spinner and he stole it! Sasadango taunted Yuni by playing with the spinner in the ring then challenged him to take it back with his strength. To make it worse, Sasadango then stuffed the spinner down the front of Danshoku Dino’s tights. Yuni got help from Makoto Oishi and Jun Kasai to beat Dino, Sasadango & Atsushi Maruyama. Oishi gave Sasadango a Stunner, Kasai then hit the Pearl Harbour Splash and Yuni got the pin with the Sky Twister Press from the 2nd turnbuckle. After the match Kasai reached into Dino’s tights, pulled out the spinner and gave it back to Yuni.
There was a problem about the Battle Royal that needed to be solved. The original plan was for the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Championship to be defended in the match but the current champion Maho Kurone was nowhere to be found. Yukinori Matsui told Amon Tsurumi that there needed to be a prize to motivate the contestants. Tsurumi thought about it and came up with an idea. He took off his afro and handed it over to Matsui. You see, the afro represents the power held by the DDT General Manager. Tsurumi announced that the winner will become the GM for one day. This will allow the winner to make any match or personal request that they desire. Saki Akai won the Battle Royal without eliminating anybody. She was tied up into a ball by Hirata Collection A.T. and left alone afterwards. Hirata and Joey Ryan were the last wrestlers left fighting and they eliminated each other so Akai was declared the winner. After Tsurumi freed her, he gave her the afro and asked her not to throw it away because she will have to wear it on the day she becomes the GM.
Shunma Katsumata & MAO recorded a message for the DDT fans while they were away competing in the NOAH Jr. Tag League. Unfortunately the audio was indecipherable because there was a strong wind while they were recording outdoors.