October 2, 2016
DDT “DNA 20”, 07/09/2016
Kitasenju Theatre 1010
123 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Nobuhiro Shimatani Vs Daisuke Sasaki
2. Daiki Shimomura Vs Koji Iwamoto
3. Rainbow Kawamura Last DNA Match: Rainbow Kawamura Vs Danshoku Dino
4. MAO & Rekka Vs Yasu Urano & Hi69
5. Road To DNA-GP: Shunma Katsumata Vs Mizuki Watase
6. Road To DNA-GP: Kazusada Higuchi & Guanchulo Vs Kota Umeda & Kouki Iwasaki
September 7, 2016
DDT “DNA 20”, 07/09/2016
Kitasenju Theatre 1010
123 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Daisuke Sasaki defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani with a Dropkick (10:37).
2. Koji Iwamoto defeated Daiki Shimomura with the Aloof Art (9:46).
3. Rainbow Kawamura Last DNA Match: Danshoku Dino defeated Rainbow Kawamura with the Raw Danshoku Driver (9:35).
4. Yasu Urano & Hi69 defeated MAO & Rekka when Hi69 submitted Rekka with a Cross Armbreaker (11:09).
5. Road To DNA-GP: Shunma Katsumata defeated Mizuki Watase with the Swan Dive X Factor (11:23).
6. Road To DNA-GP: Kazusada Higuchi & Guanchulo defeated Kota Umeda & Kouki Iwasaki when Guanchulo pinned Umeda with the Seijo Scratch (10:34).
With the DNA Grand Prix around the corner many of the wrestlers on the show were motivated to fight at full strength. Guanchulo got the upset pin over Kota Umeda in the main event when he ducked a Buzzsaw Kick and got Umeda’s shoulders on the mat with the Seijo Scratch. Umeda protested the result and said he kicked out but it stood. Guanchulo thanked Kazusada Higuchi for helping him win and praised his opponents for being strong. He said the DNA Grand Prix is his chance to show what he’s got. He also wants a singles match against Higuchi.
Rainbow Kawamura’s final match for DNA as against Danshoku Dino and it was as pervy as you’d expect. Daisuke Kiso was caught in the middle and took the brunt from both wrestlers. Kawamura sprayed him in the eyes with his disinfectant then Dino made him pass out with the Lip Lock. Kawamura wound up getting stripped out of his wrestling gear and everyone found out he was wearing lingerie underneath. One Lip Lock and Danshoku Driver later brought an end to the match and to Rainbow Kawamura. Dino told Kawamura to stand back up and give his farewell speech. It was interrupted when a crying Dai Suzuki ran in and hugged Kawamura. Suzuki said they walked through their twists and turns together but suddenly that won’t happen anymore. Higuchi appeared and mentioned how surprised he was when Kawamura sent him a LINE message saying he was quitting DNA. Even though Kawamura missed a lot of shows because of an injury, Higuchi still treats him as his senior. He hopes Kawamura will work as hard in BASARA as he did in DNA. Kawamura thanked the staff for letting him wrestle Dino in his last match. From tomorrow, he is now a part of BASARA.
Shunma Katsumata’s goal for the Grand Prix is to go undefeated for the entire tournament.
In the opening match Nobuhiro Shimatani was able to avoid Daisuke Sasaki’s Now Or Never but a Dropkick from Sasaki immediately afterwards was enough to end the match. Shimatani’s next DNA match is against Konosuke Takeshita on 30th September. The main event of that show is Umeda & Katsumata Vs Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki.
August 16, 2016
GANBARE☆WRESTLING “SUNNY DAY SUNDAY 2016”, 14/08/2016
Tokyo Itabashi Green Hall
157 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Regain The Smile Of Abe-chan!!: Yukihiro Abe defeated Rainbow Kawamura with the Endless Eight (9:54).
2. Rikidozan III Vs Veteran Mystery: Mars Spector defeated Chikara with the Cross Armbreaker (4:59).
3. World Of Professional Wrestling Strongest Animal Playoff: “Kotori” defeated J-Soul Pandita III IV with the Bird Ridge (7:45).
4. Rebound Queen Cherry Tree Runway Vs Transformation And Goddesses: Shinichiro Tominaga & Ai Shimizu defeated Yumehito Imanari & Emi Sakura when Tominaga pinned Imanari with the JK (7:45).
5. Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Osamu Namiguchi, Shibata & GENTARO defeated Ken Ohka, Shota & Mitomi Masayuki when Namiguchi pinned Shota with the Lanaila-X (16:45).
GENTARO surprised everyone in Ganbare☆Wrestling by joining forces with Osamu Namiguchi. GENTARO was working with Ganpuro as an official wrestling counselor for the roster but now he is helping Namiguchi prove his superiority over the company. They along with Shibata were able to do that in the 6-Man Tag main event. Shibata trapped his former Enjo-gun partner Mitomi Masayuki in a Cross Armbreaker while GENTARO did the same to Ken Ohka. That gave Namiguchi all the time in the world beat Shota with the Lanakila-X. Namiguchi added insult to injury by stepping on both Ohka and Imanari to celebrate while Shibata filmed it with his GoPro camera. Namiguchi then kicked Ohka while calling him a disposable wrestler who is only getting a KO-D Tag Team Title shot at Sumo Hall because of KAI. He said he might show up at Ganpuro’s Korakuen Hall show so he can see the company in its final days and tell them “Thank you for the good memories!” Namiguchi had crawled up from the bottom sipping mud to become a pro wrestler. He’s been kicked and beaten but guys like him, GENTARO and Shibata all know how it feels to be a pro wrestler unlike the people in Ganpuro who try to hog the glory. When they left, Ohka got back to his feet and was upset by the accusations. Ohka likes pro wrestling and he supports pro wrestling. Ganpuro is his wrestling life and he has precious support from guys like Shota, Masayuki and Shinichiro Tominaga to back him up. On 2nd October at Korakuen Hall Ohka will crush Namiguchi because Ganbare☆Wrestling is a major sport!
Ai Shimizu received a warm applause for her first match since getting married to DDT announcer Mic Inoue. Yumehito Imanari congratulated her before their tag match but then used his speech as an excuse to to flirt with Emi Sakura. She was left insulted by his lines and began the attack to start the match. Sakura then took pause to congratulate Shimizu before going back to attacking Imanari who wouldn’t take her seriously. Imanari was left to regret his behavior when Sakura was able to put him in a Romero Special. Shinichiro Tominaga later finished the job with a Reverse DDT and the JK. Sakura said she was mortified by Imanari’s behavior but he did show some ability out there. Imanari proclaimed his love for her and thinks them getting married would be the best news in pro wrestling. Shimizu was impressed at how fast men seem to fall for Sakura and she should be happy. Sakura was just annoyed by the whole thing.
Ohka approached Tominaga after his match to announce his opponent at Korakuen Hall. Tominaga will face Shiori Asahi from K-DOJO! Tominaga has a brief history with Asahi going back to his college wrestling club days. Five years later he now has a chance to see how he’s grown in comparison.
In the opening match Yukihiro Abe was given a chance to have some fun after spending months as an angst ridden sidekick to Minoru Fujita. He came out wearing a Haruhi Suzumiya costume to fit in with his opponent Rainbow Kawamura. However the match became less friendly when both wrestlers pulled each other’s wigs off and threw them at each other. Abe applied a Sleeper Hold but Kawamura pulled out an adult manga to distract him and escape. There was more nonsense with Abe getting stripped down to his blue striped underwear as the match progressed. Kawamura sprayed him in the face with disinfectant but during a scramble of pinning holds Abe got the three count with a Backslide he calls the Endless Eight. Thankfully this Endless Eight only lasts three seconds. After the match Abe told everyone that cosplaying and being a transvestite are two different things. He was also in a rush because he wanted to go to Comiket and buy a fanzine from his favourite writer.
March 5, 2016
DDT “DNA 14”, 05/03/2016
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
350 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Nobuhiro Shimatani Debut Match: Kouki Iwasaki defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani with a Trampled Crab Hold (8:14).
2. Daiki Shimomura Debut Match: Kota Umeda defeated Daiki Shimomura with the Umeda Driver (10:49).
3. Tomoya Kawamura/Rainbow Kawamura Comeback Match: Rainbow Kawamura & Daichi Kazato defeated Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when Kazato pinned Guanchulo with the Sister Abigail (9:57).
4. Bear The Same Fate If They Take The Same Road! Brothers Take Different Paths!: Tigger Bedscene & Shiori Asahi defeated Dai Suzuki & Ken Ohka when Bedscene pinned Suzuki with a Northern Lights Suplex (11:39).
5. Kazusada Higuchi defeated Mizuki Watase with a Canadian Backbreaker (10:26).
6. Kota Umeda defeated Kouki Iwasaki with the Umeda Driver (15:45).
Kota Umeda used a new finisher to win both of his matches. The temporarily named Umeda Driver is a modified Fisherman Buster that looks like it lands similarly to a Northern Lights Bomb. Umeda pointed out that two thirds of the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions lost today while he beat two wrestlers in separate matches. In order to prove he is the strongest in DNA, Umeda must beat the only champion who has yet to be defeated, Kazusada Higuchi!
Mizuki Watase was able to give Higuchi a Back Drop for a nearfall but ultimately fell to Higuchi’s Canadian Backbreaker. Watase figured out that the Back Drop that won him his first wrestling match isn’t polished enough to beat someone like Higuchi. The feeling he got when he won a match was fun but useless if he can’t beat stronger opponents. He wants to have the same motivation he felt when he wrestled Shinjiro Otani.
Dai Suzuki is now 0-4 in DNA matches against his brother Tigger Bedscene. His partner for the match Ken Ohka praised Suzuki for his daring performance despite losing. Ohka told him to hang in there. It was revealed Suzuki wrestled with a cracked meniscus in his left knee. He hasn’t decided to get surgery or to let it heal naturally.
The returning Tomoya Kawamura declined to appear at the show’s opening ceremony. A message was passed along saying Kawamura was going to debut a new costume and ring name but wanted to wait until his match to reveal it. And reveal it he did. Wearing a Hatsune Miku wig, a colourful vest and a big ruffled collar to go with his normal tights Kawamura is now known as Rainbow Kawamura. He used a bottle of hand disinfectant to clean himself during the match. He explained that he spent a lot of time in Shinjuku while recovering from injury. He is called Rainbow Kawamura because his new costume has beautiful rainbow colours and he will use his disinfectant to clean up the world of pro wrestling.
DNA’s newest rookies Nobuhiro Shimatani and Daiki Shimomura both had their debut matches on this show, each against one of the wrestlers involved in the main event. Shimatani wore red gear for his match against Iwasaki. He wants to be the kind of wrestler who is brave with his strikes. Shimomura wore orange shorts and green kneepads as he wrestled Umeda. He received a lot of streamers for his introduction. He had a high flying style, hitting a Quebrada followed by a Swan Dive Lariat on Kouki Iwasaki during his hot streak in the match. Unfortunately Shimomura dislocated his left arm and has been told to rest for three weeks. He will have to miss the Sumo Hall show.
Mao Inoue will return from injury in time for the DDT 19th Anniversary show in Sumo Hall on 21st March.
A memorial for the late Eiji Esaki, aka Hayabusa was held by Sanshiro Takagi at the beginning of the show.